Advent Calendar 2011 (Y13)

Post anything new on Neopets here.
ZomgethMew

Re: Advent Calendar 2011 (Y13)

Post by ZomgethMew »

Hm, that's weird o.o; I also got these prizes:
Spoiler: open/close
You also find a Bigsby Shadingtons Hat!!!
(wearable)

You also find a Bigsby Shadingtons Wonderclaw Widget 1-pack!!!

I thought the animation was kinda weird, but it was okay. That Kiko's face was really creepy, though D:.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Ah, OK. Maybe they're for everyone, not just NC spenders.

EDIT: I wonder why nobody has wanted to comment on the past two Advent Calendar things. Maybe there wasn't much of anything nice to say, hehe.

Today's especially just defies any kind of explanation. Hearing it repeating in the background without seeing it leaves some odd things to the imagination.
You find 758 Neopoints!!!

You find a Soggy Sewer Gift!!!

You also find a Sewage Surfer Wocky Holiday Action Figure!!!

It's a Sewage Surfer animation, and there's a collision with a Swamp Gas Techo, who is MUCH too happy about the surprise tree and pile of presents...and seems to be wearing a diaper it obviously hasn't taken off since it was a baby.

(spoiler for Day 13)
You find 958 Neopoints!!!

You find a Feather Wig!!!
(wearable)

You also find a Dreaming of Candy!!!

A Jetsam is sleeping, dreaming of piles of candy, gnawing on them - and waking to find himself gnawing instead on his feather pillow.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I was coming to comment Fjorab! And post the latest prizes before I realized you had edited them in.
The wig is cute!
On my mynci:

Well drawn, and I could see maybe using it sometime, unlike most wigs.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Yeah, I agree - day 12's animation was pretty weird. I liked today's gifts, though!
The wig is so adorable! I don't usually like wearable items (don't have much use for them since I'm not into customization), but this is cute ^^ Hee.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I feel that it's all right to double-post on advent calendar threads if no one has commented on the previous day's items. Mainly selfish, because new posts remind me to pick up advent items. (I may not play, but I like a lot of these items. The wig is weirdly cute!)
Image Image
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

I thought I'd posted on this thread before now o.o Oh well.

Day 14's prizes:
You find 956 Neopoints!!!

You find a Ornate Faerie Pottery!!!

You also find a Faerieland at Christmas Postcard!!!

Animation is of a Brown Yurble planting a Christmas tree in Faerieland :B Well, maybe not planting it.. I'm not sure what exactly what was going on in this animation, haha. /fails

Today's prizes are really nice! I particularly like the furniture item.
Day 15's prizes:
You find 937 Neopoints!!!

You find a S.M.E.L.T. Holiday Garland!!!

You also find a Misshapen S.M.E.L.T. Cookies!!!

A Mynci worker uses some kind of machine to make cookies :B I think it's something to do with S.M.E.L.T.? I haven't played that, so yeah. Also I suck at descriptions, hahaha.
Day 16's prizes:
You find 802 Neopoints!!!

You find a Vampiric Christmas Cookies!!!

You also find a Count von Roo Stocking!!!

The animation for this day was kind of weird.. it showed Count von Roo jumping down a chimney, then a weird-looking Blumaroo excitedly running downstairs (thinking the Count is Santa) and offers him some cookies. Heh. Sort of cute in a weird way.
Day 17's prizes:
You find 648 Neopoints!!!

You find a Pinchit Beanie!!!

You also find a Stuck in the Lost Isle Background!!!

The Habitarium Kougra dude (who was drawn REALLY weirdly owo; ..I think it was him, anyway |D;) and Hugo Fairweather (from the Journey to the Lost Isle plot) exchange Mootixes. I liked this animation! It was pretty funny.
Aaand today's prizes:
You find 635 Neopoints!!!

You find a Polar Chucks!!!

You also find a Inside a Sandcastle Foreground!!!

Dieter the Polarchuck (from the Snowmuncher game) is hanging around Mystery Island eating ice cubes, then sees a huge block-shaped sandcastle and gets an idea of what to do with it :B Another good animation. I like the prizes, too - the foreground is really nice ^^.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I really liked yesterdays. I thought it was a clever way to compare two characters that had petpetpets in common. :D And a background is always nice.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Today's animation is the best I've seen so far this year (did miss afew last week/weekend though). The first to make me laugh a bit, anyhow.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
EofS

Post by EofS »

Oops, I missed Day 14. How did that happen?

I loved the Dieter animation today, the best of the year without a doubt. Also I like that they're trying hard this year to give non-wintery items. I do often find it frustrating that we end up with a glut of wintery wearables and random items because of the advent calendar, which aren't commonly usable year round.
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Wow, i've really slacked off on this. Thanks for filling it in! :D

(spoiler for Day 19)
You find 678 Neopoints!!!

You find a Kreludor Snowglobe!!!

You also find a Snow Wars II - The Board Game!!!

Animaton:
The Gnorbu on the Lunar Temple sees a big image of Kreludor with snowfall and gets excited, jotting down his findings. Meanwhile, two Grundos are giggling because they're holding a Kreludor snowglobe up to the Gnorbu's telescope.
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Ah, another day that's been missed for review. Ah well.

Today's animation really amused me, and we got some nice goodies with it.

(spoiler for Day 21)
You find 913 Neopoints!!!

You find a Snowager Sword!!!

You also find a Snowager Negg!!!

The Snowager comes up to a pile of neggs outside the Neggery, sniffs it, is pleased, and claims it...Snowager-style of course. A Scorchio and Kacheek approach carrying some wood. The Snowager stares them down, and the two stare back in startled disbelief, yell, and run away.

Wow, the Snowager is sort-of transparent. I hadn't noticed before, but they definitely make him like that in the animation.

I knew from NQII that the Snowager does have the ability to talk, but i never put a voice to him. I'm also a little offput by how he seems to change length throughout the clip, and in part of the animation, the neck has a sharply-bent underside. Someone also goofed with the color of the wood the Scorchio is carrying.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Gah, I keep forgetting to comment on the prizes. I agree, day 21's animation was great :) definitely put a smile on my face.

Here are day 20's prizes:
You find 625 Neopoints!!!

You find a Who is Number Two?!!!

You also find a Super Size Borovan!!!

Weirdest animation ever - it was of a Warf with a pirate hat jumping up and down in front of a barrel of Borovan while people watch. XD It was kind of charming in its simplicity, if that makes sense.
Day 22's prizes:
You find 518 Neopoints!!!

You find a Holiday Hanso Plushie!!!

You also find a Stealing Through the Holidays!!!

Brynn walks through the castle (I guess?), past a cross-eyed Skeith guard, then past Hanso (holding a gift), does a double take, then walks back and grins at Hanso. ...Was anyone else creeped out by everyone's eyes in this animation? They looked kind of weird to me, haha.
Day 23's prizes:
You find 600 Neopoints!!!

You find a Plain Fruitcake!!!

You also find a Stone Christmas Tree!!!

A Tyrannian Kacheek and Nimmo trek off to the Giant Omelette - except it's now the Giant Fruitcake. Very creative animation :D I kinda hoped that the Giant Omelette would -actually- have been turned into a fruitcake.. did anyone else? -silly- :P
Aaand today's prizes :B
You find 867 Neopoints!!!

You find a Plate of Christmas Kookith Cookies!!!

You also find a Im Not A Gift! A Christmas Kookiths Tale!!!
(I really wish you could use punctuation in item titles)

Today's animation was REALLY FREAKIN' WEIRD. A blue Acara is patting some snow together (maybe making a snowman? I'm not sure), then freezes up. A white Tuskaninny and blue Bruce pop up behind the Acara and also stare like a deer-in-the-headlights.. at a pile of presents on a sledge that begins to slide down the hill. They slide after it.. except it isn't a pile of gifts, it's a pile of Christmas Kookiths.

..I miss the days when the Advent Calendar animations were just stuff like an Asparagus Chia tap dancing XD
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Merry Christmas, y'all!

(spoiler for Day 25)
You find 543 Neopoints!!!

You find a 8-Bit Moehog Plushie!!!

You also find a 8-Bit Snowchomby!!!

For the animation (oddly, the best animation-quality-wise so far), we get sent back to good ol' Mario-style games with an 8-Bit Moehog and Chomby, going through the game dodging snowballs. The Chomby gets face-splatted with a snowball, so the Moehog ultimately wins it and does the now-expected "ha-hee!" happy shout as it reaches a Christmas tree with presents and fireworks.
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Spoiler for Day 26
You find 718 Neopoints!!!

You find a Miniature Gingerbread City!!!

You also find a Grarrl Repellant!!!

The animation is a nice detailed city of gingerbread houses. The red Grarrl from Pterattack stomps on it and roars, happy with his creation and destruction in the kitchen.

With the awesome detail put into this animation, it pains me to see the horribly wonky arms.
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Spoiler for Day 27
You find 774 Neopoints!!!

You find a Cobrall Holiday Tree!!!
Image (wearable)

You also find a Regurgitated Gift!!!

Animation: A Halloween Grundo is dressed up like a morbid cross between Grim Reaper and Santa (i approve!! yay for clever dual customization on a NPP), and the purple Cobrall nearby has an elf hat. As he places gifts on the floor, a baby Hissi gets his attention (with a sighing-growl and halfhearted wave from the Grundo) and then points back to the Cobrall. The Cobrall has swallowed the tree whole and is all bloated and weird. So far, i think this has been my favorite animation this year! :D