April 1 2012 - Neo Broken

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

April 1 2012 - Neo Broken

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

So, Neopets has gone all haywire. Affected areas are:

The Pound (and the related notice on the News)
Shop Wizard
Auctions
Trading Post

I won't say what's wrong yet because it's all still chaos, and i'm trying to figure this out. You'll just have to see for yourselves.

And here i was thinking that maybe TNT would slack off because April Fool's has fallen on a Sunday this year. Silly me. :P

This is making my head hurt. ;-) I'm going to take a long nap. I took some screen shots, which i'll post later when they have finally cleaned this up.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: April 1 2012 - Neo Broken

Post by Cranberry »

The shop wiz is my favorite! I searched for a green eyrie plushie (first thing that came to mind) and laughed at the results. The pound thing is amusing, too. Now, to the neoboards to see if anyone is freaking out...

Edit: The lab is messed up, too. Choose to zap a pet and it will zap either that pet or a different one on your account instead, turning it into a different species. ;)
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Cran, does it actually change species or is it a fake zap? That sounds horrifying; I'm glad I'm not zapping anyone right now or I would've died if any of my UCs got even pretend zapped.

There's also a fake mystery capsule:

The News Notice almost gave me a heart attack, but luckily I quickly remembered the date. I'm glad they disabled the pound or it would've been a mess with people thinking it true.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

It's a fake zap; if you check your pet's page, it still says the correct species and color. If you look at it from a side account, it appears normal (the overlay only appears on the account with the "zapped" pet). Funny.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

WTF

I was just ready to go and quit on neo/file a ticket because instead of zapping my labpet my UCplushie kau was said to have turned into a female darigan quiggle. Tiel, you are quite right, that is not a funny joke if you don't know it is a joke yet. I really thought I ruined my oldest and prettiest pet of 7 years of playing. Right now she is a cog. I want her back just to make sure my pixels are still there.

Thanks cranberry, I checked from a side and at least she is still her old self from there. Going to quit neo for today, will be back tomorrow when everything is normal.

Also on my side it did zap the right pet, but she turned from dari peophin straight into a strawberry mynci. But it was the pet I zapped. (Won't mind if she turns back to peo tomorrow though, I was zapping for peo clothes options.)
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Phew! I just appeared to accidentally zap kantark instead of the lab rat (and got a Darigan Quiggle too, ffs!). I thought I'd maybe made a mistake again. Glad to hear it's just temporary, I don't really want to shell out on a Royal PB.

I particularly enjoyed the Shop Wizard, that kept me amused for quite a while. Who the hell is steve holt?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

LOL Wow, so MORE of it is broken? And it's STILL broken??

I went to do my daily zap too, and got this when i CLEARLY chose Mooquat:

The ray is fired at Soaraxian...
... and he just turned into a Maraquan Poogle!

Yep, yep, verrrry cute, TNT.

His customization clothes, BG, and music are still on his lookup (he's an Eyrie), so it looks quite strange.

And yeah, i was wondering who Steve Holt is, too. The name sounds very familiar, but not in a Neo way.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I don't know what they're doing with it on Neopets, but Steve Holt's a character from the tv show Arrested Development.

Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Hah, not that this person means anything to me personally.

I'm waiting to see what fate befalls my doomed battle Eyrie i've had for over 10 years in just over an hour when the chosen pet's timer counts down in just over an hour. :P Oh wait! You can change the active pet's doom! It doesn't change who got "zapped" though.

I got 23 screenshots, let me know if you want me to post them (spoilered of course).
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I'd like to see a few screenshots, Fjorab! I completely missed it, came on for about 5 mins late last night to put my pet in training.

Edit -- just reading the boards now, apparently some of the fake-zapped pets that were UCs got "fixed" when the prank was over but put in their C form rather than UC. It looks like TNT is being responsive to tickets about it, though. @_@ I'm really glad I missed yesterday, haha.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

OK, i'll spoiler them because they're big full screen shots, and i'll post the whole lot of 23. Hopefully it won't break things. :P If you all want me to resize them to 3/4, i can do that.

Blue bars are my edits to hide usernames, red notes are my observations.

AUCTIONS
Spoiler: open/close
=========================================================================================
=========================================================================================
LAB RAY
POUND / NEW PET MAXIMUM
SHOP WIZARD
TRADING POST
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Ok, I have to admit the SW and the trades look hilarious! The fact that it offered the entire contents of your account, basically, including pets, and didn't let you cancel. Hah :D :D

I also greatly enjoyed Soaraxian as a dishevelled-looking hammerhead with his stylish eyrie hat.

Thank you for uploading & sharing!!
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Thanks for sharing Fjorab! I totally didn't get the Trading Post one - I saw Juidiah replaced and thought that was it - instead that looks hilarious. Auctions must've been interesting for the snipers.

Yeah, there are some people I've seen with UCs that got converted by mistake... I would've died. Or just quit with anger and vitriol.

Oh, and the new mystery capsule I posted apparently isn't an April Fools Joke - oops. I'm slightly baffled, because it strikes me as utterly ridiculous.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I was on my side account the last hour, (11 PM NST) and zapped my lab rat, Ireau. Kazec, my maraquan korbat was zapped into a "darigan grundo". I nearly cried knowing I didn't have the 5m to replace him....
..then I realized lab rays don't change color and species at once.

If it had been Orikita, I would have flipped. Hats of to TNT, this has only been the second time they've got me in 11 years. They did a remarkable job. :) I cracked up at the shop wiz.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

I totally lost it at the Shop Wizard. Particularly the table flip as the price.