Negg Hunt 2012

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Re: Negg Hunt 2012

Post by Marah »

Well, I always had Rutu in shenkuu as a good second option (too bad the answer we have to give isn't in the form of a grid, so you can reward the people who got it mostly right, but messed up on the last step as opposed to the people who just guess an answer), but I'm also reluctant to change it because, really, the first name/location combo we get is the right one?
And there is so much information in that riddle that has no purpose (yet?) it is a bit confusing. So the basket? Sabotage, meepits, delay or possible puzzle swing tomorrow?
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I changed it to Rutu to Shenkuu. Also, I did not notice they had put up new journal entries. Going to get a rather sucky prize, Im sure!

Watch, it'll be something amazing and expensive.
Image Image
ImageImage
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Whoo! I had Rutu -> Shenkuu on day one, then moved over the weekend and just came back online now to see that it's the likely answer. Phew!
covet

Post by covet »

Well today's has confused me even more. It felt like there was a more logical way of working it out much earlier on.

I STILL can't believe rutu in shenkuu isn't some kind of decoy - occam be damned - although it looks like he's probably the botanist and thus could take the negg and etc etc.

I'm just leaving my selvin->kl guess up there.

Because I'm stubborn.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Marah

Post by Marah »

Hahaha :) The last clue confuses the hell out of me, because even in my grid where I put in colours for only the things that were absolutely certain (so even Selvin going to Altador was still a possibility in that grid) Rutu was allready the last (at that point unnamed) profession. So, the last clue was absolutely useless for me and because of that it confuses me...
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Likewise. I was looking for something to affirm or narrow it down, and that "clue" led me nowhere except a seemingly pointless read. Ah well. :P
IRiseFromBlood

Post by IRiseFromBlood »

Not sure if anyone else saw it this way but the person saying that now is an ideal time for stargazing in Shenkuu made me think that was a small hint that the cloud negg was not going there, same with Brightvale because of the comment:On a lighter note, luckily for our volunteer, they've had unseasonably good weather along the route to Brightvale lately. Just my opinion, in the end i went with Shenkuu and Rutu.
covet

Post by covet »

Well it was Rutu in Shenkuu which I think is ridiculous considering it's meant to be a puzzle and that was just... the answer they gave us. I stubbornly kept my old guess, which I hope doesn't affect any possible trophy or what have you too much.
IRiseFromBlood

Post by IRiseFromBlood »

Maybe that was the point? It's so stupid and obvious that most would over look it.
Wow I was right ?.. Too bad I answerd it just yesterday :(
Marah

Post by Marah »

On the bright side, we haven't missed out on incredibly pretty items that would have been unobtainable and I did have some fun (up untill the point where I went from amused to whut...? with the puzzle :) )

Let's see what comes next!
covet

Post by covet »

Today's puzzle was easy, a shame there don't seem to be prizes for how early you complete it! I'm not sure why Rutu wanted to take a wig all the way to shenkuu, though.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I don't find it easy! Maybe I'm just tired... I solved one side fine, but with the other two sides, I just cannot get it at all. Look at this screenie... things seem to match up, to me. What am I doing wrong? Am I missing something?

Edit: Ah, just learned that all three of each symbol have to be different colors. That should help narrow it down... time to try again.

Second edit: And done. It was easier once I was actually clear on all the rules. :P
Marah

Post by Marah »

Don't feel too bad Cranberry, I had to go jellyneo too to figure out what it was that I was supposed to do. The three colours/three symbols thing completely went over my head!
After figuring that out, the puzzles were okay :)
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Holy butts! I have no idea what's going on with this puzzle. I don't understand it at all, and I don't have time to figure it out. Sorry, Neo, I have two days of college left and I have way too much to do.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Hahah, I didn't realise you had to click the boxes at first! I spent about 15 minutes flustered, trying to drag the squares and wondering what was going wrong heh. xD Whoops! My puzzles were pretty easy after that (and I didn't realise the symbols had to be different colours either, hm).
Subeta: Thomas