Community Hub, and more?

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Kantark

Community Hub, and more?

Post by Kantark »

In case people haven't seen New Features...

So... link to the boards has moved to a landing page with various other things on it (the visual calendar is nice, though it just links to the existing 'Neopian Calendar' page when clicked on). And there's one of those Facebook feed things too </sarcastic 'woohoo'>

It's nice they've brought the various user-submission things together (boards, guilds, competitions) but I'm intrigued by the 'Fan Sites - coming soon' (if not by that bloody Techo), anybody know anything more about this?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Color Wheel

Re: Community Hub, and more?

Post by Color Wheel »

I'm loving the community hub, particularly the new calendar, which is easy to read and nicely detailed (you can hover over each day to see what's happening).

And I'm curious about the fansites too. Will TNT finally link to Jellyneo, Sunnyneo, the Daily Neopets, ect?
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

At the top of the page, it says, "That's why we've dedicated this section to spotlighting the amazing work of the Neopets community, both on-site and off!" It does sound like they might finally link to some of the big established fansites. It's about time, really... people should be able to discuss/link to those without getting warned or frozen.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Color Wheel wrote:(you can hover over each day to see what's happening)
Ha, I hadn't noticed you could do that - it's a pretty nifty feature!
Cranberry wrote:It does sound like they might finally link to some of the big established fansites. It's about time, really... people should be able to discuss/link to those without getting warned or frozen.
I'm not sure what to think about that - on the one hand I think it's good that TNT endorses some of the fansites, both from the fansites POV (an influx of new visitors) and TNT's (might reduce the level of basic 'FAQ'-type questions sent to Support/NT editorial). On the other hand, presumably fan sites will have to comply with some sort of endorsement policy. Given that Neo is (understandably) so locked down when it comes to user-submitted content I'd be surprised if most fansite's forums would be acceptable to them. It'll be interesting to see how far this goes.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Cranberry wrote:At the top of the page, it says, "That's why we've dedicated this section to spotlighting the amazing work of the Neopets community, both on-site and off!" It does sound like they might finally link to some of the big established fansites. It's about time, really... people should be able to discuss/link to those without getting warned or frozen.
I don't think they will mention fansites. To me they are only saying that because it links to neo's facebook page.