Holiday Dream Neopet Giveaway

Post anything new on Neopets here.
redsea_

Post by redsea_ »

Nice! I forgot about the dream pet giveaway last year. Even though the chances of being selected are ridiculously slim...

http://www.neopets.com/winter/dreampet.phtml

To celebrate the holidays, we're giving ten Neopians the Neopet of their dreams! All you have to do to enter is select one of your Neopets and your dream species/colour combination. If you're one of the winners, that Neopet will be magically transformed into your dream combination. (We promise, no harmful rays will be used.)

Important information:

•You must enter by 6:00 AM NST on Friday, December 21st. (This page will disappear after that!)
•You can only enter on ONE account. It doesn't have to be your main, but you can't enter on more than one account or you will be disqualified!
•If you win, any customisation items your Neopet is wearing will be placed into the closet automatically after the transformation.
•If you select an unconverted Neopet to enter, the Neopet will NOT stay that way should you win the giveaway. All winners/transformations will be converted.
•Ten winners in total will be randomly selected and will wake up to their dream Neopet on Day of Giving morning (December 25th). We'll be sure to announce the winners in New Features.

That's it! Good luck!
Long, rambling side comment: I have wish regret already. I thought to myself "You really have all your dream neopets already, you hardly play anymore, just wish for something that you never in a million years would be able to afford otherwise," and entered my pet Trickster for a Maraquan Draik. Well, I slept on it, and it turns out I actually do want to change Trickster (she's a zombie Uni now, which was fun when she was zapped when the color was brand new, but I'm not horribly attached to her current appearance, or Unis in particular). But into a Mutant Lutari...which would solve my account conundrum.

See, I'd been struggling with which pets to have on my main for a while, because it's also my lab account. I know I want Alutra, my pirate lutari, and Ixaaic, the account's namesake and current lab victim. I also want a space to foster a non-permanent lab pet. So that leaves only the fourth spot, which is currently occupied by Meowmurs, a former lab pet who became a permanent pet when she became a rainbow lutari. I'd honestly rather have Trickster on my main, because she is one of my favorite pets, but I like Lutaris and felt extremely lucky to have two of them on one account thanks to the lab ray. Every time I've grappled with the idea of sending Meowmurs back to the ray, or even letting her run away to Lutari heaven, I'd remind myself that I might never get a Lutari zap again. But... while searching for a dream pet combo, I came across the mutant Lutari, which I hadn't even known existed. Those guys are one of my new favorite pets on the site! And these days Lutari Transmogrification Potions are only 2.5 or 3 million (which is a somewhat reachable goal for me), so I could send Trickster back to my main and mutate her, and then zap Meowmurs into something else cool and find a new home for her. I'd have all my favorite pets on my main and still have two Lutaris. Victoire!

So the point of this story is, I now have a new goal to save for on Neopets for the first time in several years. All thanks to the dream pet giveaway, in which I didn't even wish for the pet I really wanted. It's a very bittersweet feeling. I usually get rehooked on the site when December rolls around, but this year the Neocrack is particularly effective.
Madge

Re: Holiday Dream Neopet Giveaway

Post by Madge »

Yeah, I'm with you on that; I kind of want to morph FSM into a pirate eyrie and put him in the dream neopet holiday giveaway every year, even though I could quite easily just buy the potion and paintbrush and do it myself thanks to the money that's sitting happily in my bank account.
Bif

Post by Bif »

Does anyone remember if you can enter the giveaway on side accounts too?

ETA: Fail on my behalf for not reading things. You can enter on whichever account you like but you can only enter once on one account in total.
Last edited by Bif on 14 Dec 2012 02:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madge

Post by Madge »

It says in the conditions that you may enter it on only one account. I entered it on a side account and not my main.
Bif

Post by Bif »

Madge wrote:It says in the conditions that you may enter it on only one account. I entered it on a side account and not my main.
Thanks Madge, I happened to see that right before I saw your post. I should learn to read things before asking questions.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Yeah, at this point, I also did the "... Sure this pet could be a Mara Draik!" because none of my other goals are out of reach.

Although, yay for figuring out new goals Redsea! That does seem to be a bit of a problem these days.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Decided to go with Stealthy Blumaroo for Jester because I just love the color of the base :)
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I think I may ask for Maigrey to be a desert Kacheek. I zapped her, once or twice, to see if I could get desert clothing, and all I got for my trouble was a species change. Naturally. And Kacheek mps and desert brushes are expensive, so there's that. But I kinda like her as an Acara (I've always had a soft spot for the species) (and I love quad pets, since they mean I don't have to worry about finding something to hold that doesn't look stupid) so I'm torn.

So I may jump on the mara Draik train as well. But then again, I adore most of the stealthy pets, but I don't know whether I want a Blumaroo or Kyrii more.

Gah. Off to DtI. Again. x.x

Oh! I'd forgotten you owned Jester, Iggy. That would be an awesome color for him. And would probably make your inbox explode with trade offers and begging. Lots and lots of begging. ^^
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I went and signed up for a mutant acara. I was going to go for a krawk, but apparently you can buy those now for about 600k. With pirate clothes, even. I had no idea they'd plummeted so far, but I can actually afford one now. So, space terror it is. XD