New plot: War of the Obelisk

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Gumdrops

Re: *HINT HINT* New Plot?

Post by Gumdrops »

Bleh, zombies. Well, the awakened are easily my least favorite faction, like, no question.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

I'm surprised I got a gold trophy (I also got 23k in np) - I wouldn't call myself a great battledomer at all! Any success I have is strictly down to my Ylana's Blaster :D

I'm having such difficulty choosing between The Sway and The Awakened. I would choose The Awakened - but that awesomely sinister Lenny in The Sway is making it a hard choice!
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Still no trophy for me so I submitted a bug report.

The Awakened.. haha, not my cup of tea but absolutely bonkers. Loved the bit about cake.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I don't know which team to choose! I wish I knew if being on a different team would entail different tasks. I'm really liking the scholars but if I have to do puzzles or the like I'm screwed. I would be safest joining the battlers since I have a good battle pet.
I can't decide if the zombies are awesome or creepy. Probably a little a both.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Some good news regarding faeries - they're being given out as prizes for battling opponents in the normal BD. I fought the Koi Warrior until I hit the item cap today (not sure how many battles that is) and got four new-style faeries in that time.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Someone on the neoboards is running a poll to see which groups are getting the most signups. So far, it looks like this:

sway 154
thieves 140
awakened 126
order 98
seekers 92
brutes 34

I joined the thieves... I hope I don't come to regret it, but they've been the group I've liked the most all along.

I have a few faerie abilities now... halitosis, shade, cranky, an icicle, and warlock's rage. Prices on the light bottles have shot up so much now that I'm waiting a bit before I train lens flare. Also want burrow and drain life.
EofS

Post by EofS »

I'm slightly tempted by the Sway because they look morally complex and they're the sort of characters I enjoy watching in film/tv/theatre and, indeed, enjoy acting as.

But for personality, I'm absolutely amongst the Seekers (as, I imagine, are a lot of us here). It feels somehow immoral to join a group who I disagree with personally but find entertaining. Especially when the Seekers are so much closer to who I actually am. Also, none of my pets are really Sway-inclined, but Denjul would be all over the Seekers.

Probably overthinking this ;0)
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I'll join you in the overthinking department. Isn't that the fun part? :D
Right now I'm torn between the Sway, the order and the seekers. taking a look at the pets at my account in relation to the groups might not be such a bad idea.
Some good news regarding faeries - they're being given out as prizes for battling opponents in the normal BD. I fought the Koi Warrior until I hit the item cap today (not sure how many battles that is) and got four new-style faeries in that time.
Excellent, will have to look into that!
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

The other good thing is it also gives out quite a lot of codestones, too :)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I ended up joining the Seekers, I hope I don't regret the decision later!

Only problem with having a lab pet as a battle pet is that I can't really try out the new abilities feature :( Her level is always below 5 and it wouldn't matter how much I trained really she is always going to be low. I did end up getting 30k and the gold trophy as a reward.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I really want to join the Brute Squad (battle pet, war, Princess Bride reference) but it doesn't seem like anyone else is, which makes me nervous about it, like I'm choosing wrong. Ah well, hopefully it won't matter too much. If we all end up with different avatars then I guess ours would be least common, scarcity wins.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Actually, the Brute Squad is very popular on the BD board (which is not a bad sign if this is going to involve a lot of battling). I seriously considered them but went with the Thieves instead in the end.

Seerow - as far as I can tell the lab is only weakly negative overall when it comes to level - it will be expensive (since it's probably about 3 steps forward, 1 step back) but it is possible to keep levels trained while labbing.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

I went with The Sway - I mean, we got hot cocoa!

But seriously, I've always had a thing for secret societies, and the Headmistress is such an imposing figure. How could I say no to that? :)

As a side note, I got two weak bottled air faeries from the BD yesterday, so that's not a bad plan if you're looking to get some abilities but don't have the money.
Fury

Post by Fury »

EofS wrote:I'm slightly tempted by the Sway because they look morally complex and they're the sort of characters I enjoy watching in film/tv/theatre and, indeed, enjoy acting as.

But for personality, I'm absolutely amongst the Seekers (as, I imagine, are a lot of us here). It feels somehow immoral to join a group who I disagree with personally but find entertaining. Especially when the Seekers are so much closer to who I actually am. Also, none of my pets are really Sway-inclined, but Denjul would be all over the Seekers.

Probably overthinking this ;0)
*jumps in the over-thinking boat*

I've narrowed it down to The Brutes and The Seekers. I wish there was more clearer coloured character art for each faction; I would like to see the group leaders in a bit more detail but... I'm over-thinking things.

I'm hoping there's a good balance of puzzles and battles in this plot. I hope the faction we join doesn't overwhelmingly dictate the activities we get given.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

I ended up joining the Awakened, because zombies :D