New plot: War of the Obelisk

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: New plot: War of the Obelisk

Post by Seerow »

Prize shop is open finally! Clicky
I got just over 612k points and Warmonger trophy. The Sway won according to the Neoboards, not sure if they can get different prizes or not. I wish there was a breakdown to see what points I got where, like they used to with the plots. Other than that nothing really instantly wows me unfortunately except for the 1pt items since I like key chains. The highest prize only goes up to 275k so I doubt anything will get up to RotL value sadly.

I'm curious as to why the Tyrannian Pb and Relic Pb were priced so much lower than the Shadow Pb.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I got 611,959 Points -- wonder why a few less than you? I did everything during its proper wave. Oh well, that's lots anyway!
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

My sister got more points then I did (613k) and I know I did more fighting than her. I am really curious as to how points were calculated! I hope they add that at some point.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

I'm not buying anything until I find out for sure what all the weapons do. I like the look of that battle background. The runes of the obelisk look cool, too, although I don't have any pets that they'd suit.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I got 609,441 points, and am not buying anything until I find out what the weapons do, either. :-) I did all the challengers during their wave, I got a few of the achievements after the associated wave was older, and missed the very first part of the plot where there was digging.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Lia over at Subeta says: I got 635,054 points, but a friend of mine with over 7000 battles got 763,373 points and a better trophy. Sigh, I wish I fought more, but I thought wins over the gold mark didn't count =/

Edit: Garet really cleaned up.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I got 610,824 Points! Much better than I was expecting. I think the Warmonger trophy is pretty ugly, though.

I'm really blown away that the Sway actually won! I thought for sure we'd get a solid third or maybe even fourth. There are "special boons" we get to choose from that sound like they do pretty interesting things. If you're a regular user you get to pick one of five, and if you're Premium you get a couple more options. One of them uses the Fountain Faerie as its image, so of course my heart skipped a beat, but I don't think it's a free quest. Rude, TNT! Looks as though it just gives you the power to switch the item a faerie is asking for? I'm not going to pick anything until I'm sure what they all do. There's also something for the stock market, trading post, regular shops, and bank.

I'm not crazy about much in the prize shop, sadly. The Eau de Mort is really cute so I'll get one of those. Other than that I'll just buy whatever sells the easiest. I do like the Sway site theme. Did each faction get a custom one, plus the basic Tyrannia one?
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Bif

Post by Bif »

I eneded up with 363,708 points. I really struggled with the last wave and only fought to just over the "doing your part" bar. Here are my stats: http://www.neopets.com/prehistoric/outs ... ame=bif425

I still think that's a heap of points!

Have you guys seen this page? - http://www.neopets.com/prehistoric/battleground/ It seems like this might not be the end....

ETA: Tyrannia looks awesome!!! http://www.neopets.com/prehistoric/index.phtml
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

So what is this "Earthquake" thing that happened before the dig since apparently I completely missed it!

The new Tyrannia does look really nice! It's animated but to a far lesser degree than the other maps and isn't nearly as busy. I think TNT did a really great job on this revamp.
Bif

Post by Bif »

Seerow wrote:So what is this "Earthquake" thing that happened before the dig since apparently I completely missed it!
It was the random event that happened before the digging started. As you browsed the site the window would randomly shake and a random event would pop up talking about an earthquake in Tyrannia. So basically the more you were on neopets during it, the more events you would have.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

I got 63,603 points lol, so everyone else can feel better! I hope the price of Rock petpets come down though, wish I had enough points for one.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I ended up with 608,468 Points. Kind of wish I knew that going past the 'doing your part' bar would contribute, but oh well. I put the bare minimum effort in for the whole plot. Also, I'd prefer that there were new petpets as prizes rather than existing ones. The whole prize short is a little unexciting, the only two things I really like are the Death & Apathy Keyrings!
Daf

Post by Daf »

Jamie wrote:I put the bare minimum effort in for the whole plot.
...and you won 608k points??
~
Fury

Post by Fury »

I got 610,131 and a Warmonger trophy. I'm pleased about the avatar and Site theme as I was hoping for both!

I'll have a camp-out on the BD boards when I get home from the gym later to see if anybody has tested the weapons yet. I'm slightly annoyed that the prize shop contains a Shadow paint Brush - I forked out 900k for one literally a few days ago. Haha! The Ultimate Battlefield BG and FG look cool and I'll probably pick up the Stamp at some point.

Congrats to all Sway members; is anyone able to post a screenshot of the extra site theme you were rewarded?
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Battle-Hardened Bruiser
309,180 Points

Yeah, i gave up on the last wave. Apathy triumphed over my efforts indeed. :P That's OK. And now to pick what i most want out of the prize lot. I really like the Thieves Hood. It would likely go well with a pet i have in mind if Neo releases a Wraith pet that fits the character i want.