New plot: War of the Obelisk

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Color Wheel

Re: New plot: War of the Obelisk

Post by Color Wheel »

I went with Book Smarts this time around, as nothing was of any real use to me.
Bif

Post by Bif »

Time to choose a side again! The Neoboards seem to be leaning towards the Theives this time, so that's what I went with. I didn't choose them last time they won, so hopefully another avi for me!

http://www.neopets.com/prehistoric/battleground/
Bif

Post by Bif »

Sorry for the double post but fighting starts in less than 24 hours - DON'T FORGET TO CHOOSE A FACTION!!!

http://www.neopets.com/prehistoric/battleground/
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I appreciate the reminders Bif! And the commentary on who the Neoboards think will win. :D Even if I totally keep forgetting to do my minimum battles to get the loot when they win...

Does anyone know if this is falling on a consistent schedule? Ie, signups are on Monday, battles start Wednesday, and winners announced Sunday? Posts here seem to be more than a week cycle, but I'm having a hard time figuring it out with time zones and delays in posting. I just want to mark the schedule on a calendar so I can go "Oh, right, it's Tuesday, better sign up for a faction!" and "Oh, shit, battling ends tonight, I better squeak 10 battles in before midnight". I'm a visual person like that. :P
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

It's definitely consistent each week - signups Monday, battles start Thursday, winner announced Monday, boon until the following Monday when signups restart. So each cycle takes 2 weeks and everything swaps at the start of the day in NST (so in the UK, 8am).
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Thanks Bif! Would have missed it without the reminder.
Bif

Post by Bif »

As Jazzy said, the whole thing is over a 2 week cycle. Here's Jellyneo's guide to it: http://www.jellyneo.net/index.php?go=ty ... ttleground

Battleing starts in about 5 hours. You need around 10 wins to qualify for the prizes (and it takes about 10 wins to max out your daily items wins in the battledrome - I think they designed that well). So if you try to get them all done on the first day at least you can forget about it for the rest of the week.

I'm glad the reminders are helpful and not annoying. ^_^
Bif

Post by Bif »

TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Time to choose your new faction. About 48 hours left to pick a side. I went with the Sway, but I'm not a frequenter of the boards, so I'm not entirely sure what the popular choice is.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Haha, I picked The Awakened, but the Neoboards are definitely going with The Sway. I probably should have chosen them; I don't have their avatar or site theme either.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I'm pretty sure The Thieves were the 'popular choice' last time but the Brutes managed to win. It's the first upset I've seen though. I still need... The Sway, The Thieves, The Awakened (was on holiday for theirs) and of course The Seekers. Hoping The Sway takes it this time. I dread having to do my 10 battles though, bleugh.
Subeta: Thomas
Bif

Post by Bif »

I wasn't on much last round and didn't get my fights in. I wonder if that happened with most of the other Thieves and so the Brutes were able to topple it.

I joined the Sway this time round. I'll get my fights in today.
Bif

Post by Bif »

And the Sway is victorious! They Sway are the faction with the "Buy shares at 10np not 15np" boon so if you have been hanging out for that one, I hope you got what you wanted!

I'm pretty sure I now just need Theives and the Seekers for my collection to be complete.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

very pleased with this win!

I only have the awakened and the sway, so I need the thieves, the seekers, the order and the brutes. long way to go!
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Went with Cheaper By the Dozen - I buy stocks daily, so saving 5K a day's a good deal for me. :3