Daily Dare

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Gumdrops

Re: Daily Dare

Post by Gumdrops »

I actually find it easier to play the game without the number pad. I've always used the numpad before while playing the game, but the laptop I'm currently using doesn't have it. I need to use my right hand for the mouse and then my left for the numbers. With the numpad, I had to reach across the keyboard, but with the numbers up top I obviously don't have to. It just feels easier and more natural.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Argh I was so close to the end in Magax: Destroyer II and then I ran into Hubrid Nox and died instantly! Oh well; I had 4,259 points, which was enough for the game avatar plus Abi, Chadley, and AAA's prizes.
EofS

Post by EofS »

My high score was only 600 so once I got over Abi's I went to challenge her. It's a good job she has a confirmation screen, because that reminded me that it's double dare and that maaaybe I could persevere.

Through sheer bloody mindedness I ended up completing the whole game, in the process beating AAA and getting the avatar. (One of very, very few game avatars I have.)

It's not that I find the game particularly difficult. It's just incredibly tedious. If I'd died at any point and had to start again, there's no way I would have made the effort a second time. (This was one of the reasons I decided to push on for the av - and once I was there, little point not to go for AAA...) It's that moment when you load up the final level and realise that at 5 hits each times 40 scorchios, that's 200 shots with your laser beam just for them. Assuming that you get every single one on target and never once hit them whilst they're breathing fire.

Glad that's over.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

I had a hard time beating even Abi's score at Escape To Kreludor (how do people get thousands of points? 500 is my highest, from last time it was part of Daily Dare), but I beat AAA on my first try at Ice Cream Machine with 8,995 points. My top score ever is 9,715, still far short of the 14,500 needed for the avatar. Maybe someday...
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I went for Abi on Ice Cream Machine. My high score is 9,980, but that's from years ago.

Escape to Kreludor is this year's Nova Defender. Freaky Factory is up there too. I got the avvie for that, but again, that was years ago.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I preferred the old Ice Cream Factory (I think that was its name, with the weird inbetween levels where you had to push boxes around?) but I'm alright at the new one, so I just about scraped an AAA score after three attempts. My partner had a score of 12,000 or so - no idea how anyone manages that! My top score is about 9200 and the avatar is a distant dream.

Freaky Factory has too much stuff to concentrate on at once. I can rub my tummy and pat my head at the same time, but I can't play that game properly! I managed an Abi score for Escape to Kreludor, but only just: I have this problem where I feel a level is taking too long, so I start taking stupid risks. That kicks in around the third level...
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I'm really behind on DD at the moment (that deadly combination of work and EPICon) but have been taking steps towards completing challenges. I decided that I may as well do Abi + faux AAA this year as I usually do full on faux AAA, but the rewards are rarely worth it and I never sell things on Neo anyway. I did beat faux AAA on Escape to Kreludor first try; I do really like the game but I did have a pretty lucky run. Freaky Factory was simple enough. I'm terrible at Ice Cream Machine though; the avatar is one of the few I need and one of the hardest to get on the site imo. It just goes toooo fast for me. :P

Edit: Well, I tried and ended up with a score of 9435 on my first try (40 away from my high score) for ICM. I really don't know how anyone could get the avatar, I got to Double Chocolate and it was getting craaaazy fast. Spellseeker was easy. Just need to catch up on 13 other games now. :P
Subeta: Thomas
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Make sure you do it soon! The event ends tomorrow, I believe.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Hm, I wonder if the scores are right for the final challenge... it's Kiko Match II, and AAA's score is only 250, while Abi's is 75. That seems more like the scoring for the original Kiko Match.

I got 1180 and submitted that, and I got a message saying that my score had to be reviewed by staff and deemed valid (haven't gotten one of those in a while!), but it credited me with the AAA win.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Actually, I think they just underestimate the number of points people are likely to get from Kiko Match 2 in general - I managed a score of 385 (not too shabby, but hardly amazing) and that gave me 1000np. It wouldn't surprise me if they set the AAA score somewhere around the 1k np mark and the game is just oddly generous.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

That's interesting! Yeah, I'm not very good at that game and I still managed to get more than 1000 points fairly easily (twice, because it had problems processing my first score). I was surprised that my score was considered high enough to be reviewed. There was a topic about that on the Neoboards last night, and a lot of people also had theirs reviewed.

Nice way to end Daily Dare, anyway!
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I too was surprised by the relatively low AAA score. Happy though that it was something I could easily beat.

I'm wondering about why we were being offered stats as prizes so many times. Makes me think there might be some kind of battling thing coming up. I'd rather have a nice plot, esp. given how the Obelisk War was so disappointing.

Maybe Defenders of Neopia will finally be fixed. I'm done with it all, but it'd be nice for those who aren't. It's been what, like, 4 years since we've gotten a new challenger?
EofS

Post by EofS »

I've always hated Kiko Match II and been fairly terrible at it, despite being good at Memory. My high score was 204 and I know I've tried hard in the past to even get it that high. So I wasn't hugely optimistic.

I had beaten AAA within 3 levels on my first try and ended up submitting 1035.

Did they change the scoring at some point, or did I just suddenly get really good?
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Kiko Match II was changed like, 2 weeks ago or something. I've come across quite a few threads about it on the neoboards.
EofS

Post by EofS »

That would make sense, because my memory is of getting scores like 18 in the past.