April Fools: foster pets

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

April Fools: foster pets

Post by Jazzy »

Some people on the board have up to 18 foster pets...as someone who's ended up with a cute little yellow pteri with a reasonably bad name, is anyone else actually quite liking the idea of fostering a pet?? Normally I couldn't because of the 4-pet limit, and keeping it for a bit and painting it and giving it a petpet sounds like fun. Maybe there could be trophies for helping foster pets.

(Right now, I don't think you can actually do anything with the foster pets - I tried to zap mine, but it doesn't appear on the lab screen.)
Katy... :)

Re: April Fools: foster pets

Post by Katy... :) »

I can feed mine, that's about it.
I like the idea of fostering. I've always wanted to be able to have more then four pets.
krbs86
I will always be a blue evil fuzzle.
EofS

Post by EofS »

GDI, I finally got a foster (dice-a-roo took an age!) and it's one I'd actually rather like to keep. But I imagine she'll get snapped up quickly - LE pet with a lovely name.

Oh well. I fed her all the food I won on dice-a-roo, so she's happy.
Katy... :)

Post by Katy... :) »

Ooohh... Emma. I really liked her name.
I ended up with two, my favorite was 'Cheeky_Bum87'. LOL

They are gone as of this morning.
krbs86
I will always be a blue evil fuzzle.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

I ended up with three. Penzo, a Faerie Uni, devilpuss_08, a Tyrannian Korbat, and Joosh_e, a Red Wocky. Penzo doesn't seem to have actually existed (???), but the other two are still in the pound. Hopefully someone will pick them up, as they're really great pets.

I too fed all my fosters. It looks like they're still well-fed even though they're back in the pound now, so that's something. :)
EofS

Post by EofS »

I got her! I did a search in the pound and thought I'd lost her, then when I searched the name on the site in general I thought maybe she hadn't existed at all. Or, you know, I'd misremembered her name which is rather more likely. Especially as her creation date was correct for a cybunny. Thankfully I realised that I could just check my browser history because I had visited her lookup, thus I found her name and lo and behold, she was still in the pound!

So I am now the very happy owner of Fleurescente the cybunny. And I just happened to have that very pretty bg sitting around in my sdb on that side (I think it was previously on one of the others on there) so that works rather nicely until I work out what exactly to do with her. The obvious colours would be woodland (pretty) or glowing (not). But I'm slightly tempted by speckled, it's rather pretty on the cybunny.

Or, actually, rainbow. I've long loved that pet, and it would be a rather appropriate one for me to own as in meatspace I love multicoloured things (to the point of it being our wedding colour scheme). And the brush is very reasonably priced. Hmm...

Best April Fools ever :0D