Editorial Time!-split 2/16/09

Post anything new on Neopets here.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Editorial Time! (With yet another new editorial!)

Post by AngharadTy »

Bumping this is okay. *gives mod thumbs up*
Image Image
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

That explanation is completely unconvincing. The pets that had it on still get to keep it apparently *points at her ex usul Gizd*
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Yeah, I smell BS as well. If it was always meant to be a Neohome item, why did some poor artist bother drawing the customization image at all? This seems more like backpeddling than a mistake; I don't see why they reversed the decision at all.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

This pleases me:

Hi TNT! I have a Neopet on a side account wearing the Ficus Tree. Originally, the item worked as both a Neohome and customisation item, and it looked great in both. Will I get in trouble if I leave the Ficus Tree on my Neopet? =( If so I will remove it. ~magicpinball
Not at all! Actually, we'd like to make an addendum to last week's Editorial. It seems the Ficus Tree was meant to be both a Neohome and customisation item, and should now be working properly again as both. Huzzah!
varii

Post by varii »

Why publish an editorial if you aren't going to fact check? Someone there needs to learn that talking out of your butt is not attractive.
rei @ neopets
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Geez, Varii, I think you're being a little too judgmental and looking into it too hard.

What probably happened was the Ficus Tree was meant to be released as one or the other and there was a lack communication; it was released as both on accident. However, since people were asking about it and it was already released as both, they decided to go ahead and keep it that way.

Not EVERYTHING TNT does has to be OH SO AWFUL, you know.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Given the history of the Editorial, I don't think it was at all harsh.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Yeah, well on that same note, given the history of the Editorial, it's nice that they actually -fixed- it.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Yeah, but by the way that editorial submission is written, it's normal for a user to live in fear/paranoia of what nonsensical rule TNT is going to add next. The policing of this site is getting outta hand. To where they add so many rules, you start freaking out because they never give you a reason why.
I would submit a question like the above one too if I thought they were gonna freeze me for keeping a fracking plant attached to my pet. They left that question partially answered last week, and TNT should have some idea how they've invoked merciless fear with unforgiving freezings. I don't see how what varii said was harsh at all either.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
varii

Post by varii »

I don't think my comment was harsh at all. The editorial has a ridiculous history of 'clarifying' a rule one week, and then back tracking the next. I don't think it is too much to ask for them to learn from their past mistakes and ask around before they commit it to paper.

And releasing it as both wasn't accidental. It was drawn three ways; for the original neohomes, the new neohomes and for customisation and then uploading a bazillion times so it would work for each pet and then it was actually released for use (which is a miracle in itself these days). The accident probably occured when they made it compatible with the new neohomes.

And I don't think that everything TNT does is 'oh so awful'. I just think that when they publish the editorial they should make it as accurate and helpful as possible. Obviously that's a bigger issue than whether or not the ficus tree was meant for customisation or not.
rei @ neopets
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.pht ... l&week=374

Was hoping for something re: the stupid About Us update that makes the entire site seem reduced to an exercise in translation, but alas :(

I was going to complain about how they always answer relatively trivial inquiries but then I realized that triviality is in the eye of the beholder and maybe kougra ear dents actually matter so I should shut up.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

If you haven't heard, all of the 'pound_release' pets have been coded so that when you look up that account it'll display "This user has no neopets" when people look them up, they can't guesstimate when they'll be re-released because of people constantly stalking them. For once I agree that should've been done. I'm kinda sick of the pissing and moaning myself about the "when will millions of pets be released?". I do hope they acknowledge why that was done in the editorial. (I'm sure it's been asked already.) Although I can't help but think why wouldn't they at least delete horribly bad-named, basic, converted pets from the database. That'd clear it up a little.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Usul_Princess wrote: Although I can't help but think why wouldn't they at least delete horribly bad-named, basic, converted pets from the database. That'd clear it up a little.
Because without some serious board-stalking they wouldn't know which pets people might be waiting to catch? I don't imagine they want a massive "YOU KILLED MY NEOPET!" outcry on their hands.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Well, except when you have, say, 50 pets all named "Eeeeeeee123" , "Eeeeeeeee124", "Eeeeeee125" etc (didn't check the number of E's e_e), it usually means some idiots were flooding the pound anyway, and I seriously doubt anyone is waiting for those pets.

Not that I don't think some people ARE waiting for their badly named pets, but it's probably not as 'massive' as you think it is - considering these pets were in the pound in the first place.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I think they should delete that stupid UC Plushie Draik that people are wetting their panties on, though.

This thing is going to be AAed, anyways.