Soup Faerie (and avatar) one day shot for rich Neopians

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Soup Faerie (and avatar) one day shot for rich Neopians

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Since today is Soup Day on Neopets, EVERYONE can feed their pets at the Soup Kitchen regardless of richness (yay the Soup Faerie recognized for once that I'm not rich enough huzzah!). So if you are too rich to normally go there and get the avatar, today is your day. I got the avatar upon feeding my second pet, more yay!
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I got the avatar today as well :) Fishing up a starving pet from the pound for it worked a treat.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
tallan

Post by tallan »

Thank you for the heads-up! :) Would never have bothered with moving NP around to get it, as I'm not that much of an avatar collector, but it's always nice when they're easy to get. ;)
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Well... if you are a rich Neopian, if you just bid your NP on a trade you will never receive, or any trade, for that matter, your NP will be counted as not on hand, and therefore you can be classified as poor.
Still, it was nice to feed my dying pets for a change.
:)
Subeta: Thomas
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Ah, but if you have more than 800,000 np, you'd have to use more than one trade, or use auctions instead (limit of 10 million, though you'd have to have it be an auction on an item from a side account or else something worth well above what you bid for it). I think that's what I must have done, although I don't remember exactly... either way, this would be much easier. Nice of them, something that's somewhat useful but won't have an impact on the economy.

Given that she gives the same message ("You don't have very many neopoints!") do you think they just raised the limit to some impossibly high number? Or did they remove the check completely? I'm not a programmer but it seems like the first might be easier to do.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I remember moving NP around to get the av, but that was back when one trade was sufficient to move my money.

I'm glad I did, because all my pets are bloated in the Neolodge at the moment and I wouldn't have been able to get the av today.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Wow, this got a spring in my step. Unrelated to the Soup Faerie, but related to soup day, the fun images were probably a quick job.
Someone set something wrong, didn't they? And... Someone wasn't paying attention to the soup and spoon, were they?
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Heh. Seeing Sharalik, Nelly and Silver being served bowls of soup reminds me of my newbie days. I'm really not spending enough time on my permies, it's time I got back to taking 100% care of them the way I did back then.

I'm going to donate a few Neopoints... apparently that's where the Faerie gets her ingredients from, and even if that's not true [/pre-empting Kamil] I've had a little reminder that I'm more fortunate than an awful lot of other Neopians.

So all in all, a day for reminding me to be a good Neopian...
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Tom wrote:Well... if you are a rich Neopian, if you just bid your NP on a trade you will never receive, or any trade, for that matter, your NP will be counted as not on hand, and therefore you can be classified as poor.
O RLY? Cool. I yanked all of mine out of cockroach towers last night after the news went up, but I've only been able to feed three times so far and still no avatar. *stab* Stupid me for keeping them fed. However, given this news, and if I don't get it before they reset it, I'll find a trade and my pets shall starve (well, soup) until I get the avatar. ^^

And then they may starve anyway, just because I'm vexed at them for not fishing up the avatar with their soup. :P
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Zap

Post by Zap »

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:... apparently that's where the Faerie gets her ingredients from, and even if that's not true [/pre-empting Kamil]

There are no actual ingredients, just as there is no actual soup...

It's a script that lets you "feed" your pets to keep their hunger level from decreasing. o_O

Honestly... *grins*
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

No harm in using your imagination, Zappie ^_^
ulyyf

Post by ulyyf »

Some of my pet's comments were... wow....

"Nice soup, but why is there dung floating in it?" springs to mind. TNT has some dirty, dirty minds....

AND I didn't even get the av. Next time, I'll remember "Birthday = soup day" and remove them from the lodge a week in advance, get them nice and starving :)
Independent thought, independent dreams, independent lives. It's a thing worth dying for.