Scorchio Day stuff! Ew.

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:
adi_gallia wrote:
Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:PS: What is that last shopkeeper meant to be doing, anyway?
I have no idea, it's so flat looking, maybe it died after seeing the art of the other things in this post.
Not likely, given that it looks as though it died with a smile on its face.
I think it ROFL'ed to death.

The Faerie-ish one doesn't bother me as much, though the bottom wing is really odd-looking, and the shading is minimal otherwise. I'm more amused than dismayed by the "outdated style" and "Scorchios aren't fat enough" of these, but then again Scorchio Day isn't anything I'm specifically looking forward to or expecting anything exciting from. *shrugs*
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

I'm pretty sure a part of me just shriveled. There's no word to describe my loathing. There's almost no shading whatsoever. That thing in the armor... Until someone mentioned it being a Mutant Scorchio, I hadn't noticed. The caption contest... It's awful. They said over a year ago Scorchios would get a revamp. Well, guess what? I'm going to go find something to break. Preferably Neopets artist-shaped.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

It's craptastic, but still better than what I can do. :oops:
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
iamthelastunicorn

Post by iamthelastunicorn »

This must be a joke. I think that a scorchio revamp is on the way and they are uploading those awful images so that, if the revamp isn't *great*, we at least consider it an improvement.
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

We're not impressed ;__;
checkers

Post by checkers »

--- I like the Shenkuu Faerie one =/ but the rest are crap.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

I hadn't noticed, but the shiRt on that Scorchio is actually pretty nice looking. The Scorchio itself detracts from that, with the crumply wings, un-shading, and altogether lumpiness, but the shirt's really nice.
The next time I make a typo like that, tell me about it sooner! >.<
Last edited by nanabobo567 on 09 Mar 2007 04:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Crystal Firefly

Post by Crystal Firefly »

I really hope they compensate this with a pet redraw (with better artists of course). I've been waiting for some nice Scorchio's for ages.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

iamthelastunicorn wrote:This must be a joke. I think that a scorchio revamp is on the way and they are uploading those awful images so that, if the revamp isn't *great*, we at least consider it an improvement.
I think you could be on to something, it's not like they haven't done something similar before. (Old Darigan Kacheek and Poogle, were they intentional jokes?) I mean, they could be planning a revamp and they don't want the help sites to see what they will look like.

It could be wishful thinking, but I need to come up with an idea to stop myself thinking TNT are crazy.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I think you are giving TNT to much credit ;) My bet it these shopkeepers are staying and scorchio gets a bland colourfil plus ice/robot/halloween - my bet is on robot. No redraw.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

I think the Blumaroo of the CC is not that bad..... But except of that, :| !!
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

nanabobo567 wrote:I hadn't noticed, but the shit on that Scorchio is actually pretty nice looking.
That's a great typo! :D When I read through the rest of your post, I figured out what you meant.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Teehee. I thought about editing it, but I am not one to abuse my powahs.

I hadn't even considered robot. That makes me sad. I still have no idea what to turn 4 into. I really want her to be a bipedal robot, but the only robot aside from the ixi I like is the pteri and we're slowly running out of pets to robotize. McDammits. Now I'm concerned.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I was thinking that the Faerie Scorchio (c/w 'shit' :D ) was the only passable one there, then realised there's something decidedly wrong with its left wing, which seems to be on top of its shoulder. And the colours don't go. Otherwise, it's fine :P
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
kerg

Post by kerg »

Wow, these are complete and utter crap. The caption contest isn't even shaded! :shock: I llke Scorchios, I have one, and I was hoping for a revamp this year. But if it looks anythng like this, I think I'll scream. Please, please be a joke.