So, Chomby Day is tomorrow . . .

Post anything new on Neopets here.
WildFang

Post by WildFang »

I hate how lazy TNT has been lately when it comes to pet days, we'd always get at least one avatar and some cool colors, now we get squat and chomby day isn't any diffrent
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

zebru wrote:This is really sad. One redraw + one colourfil per pet day always left something to look forward to (even if you do end up disappointed). It'd be a shame if they quit that practice.
I remember when I thought the Ogrin got shafted a few months ago because it only got two colorfils; the same with the Xweetok the month before (although the surprise Pirate color at least made up for that incident).

Why is Invisible even a color? In all seriousness, what is attractive about a blank square of pixels, and what convinced TNT that it was a good idea? Was it introduced because of the evil RE (which I guess makes sense), or is there another story behind it?
Skiler

Post by Skiler »

Dunno but...
Look, at least they did a sketch chomby *big huge sarcasm*

Gasp, news are turning too boring day by day :x Stupid Viacom..... to the hell with all its lawyers......
ImageImageImage
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Look at this. Look at this beautiful picture. Is this all the Chombies get on their day worth mentioning?! A freakin' front page picture and a slightly less-sucky buddy icon?! WHY?!
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Invisable doesn't even take any drawing. You just take a blank square and save it named whatever and boom, there you go. It's a good artist have a break colour but come on, releaseing it on a pets special day is just mean. Defently if the colour it accompanies is mehish. **shakes head** It's sad when art for avs and a front page is better then the accually pet itself. But unfortantly that's true for a few pets.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Wow, that's lame :P Chombies have a few good colors, but they can always use more (a revamp wouldn't hurt but I do like them as they are).

Could be worse, though. Anyone remember the Eyrie day when the only color released was invisible?
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Yep, I remember it quite well... although I remember them releasing Shadow (which was a really BAD colorfill -- worse than it is now) that day, too.

I was PISSED.

Annoying pet days with one colorfill are nothing new, they've been doing them since before I joined Neopets. (I think Lennies just got one colorfill the spring before I joined.)
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

I actually like invisible pets, but I understand everybody's frustrations. If one of the colours is going to be something simpler like sketch or invisible, the other colour should be something awesome like darigan, faerie, etc.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Since I have no life I checked the news archives. Yep, Eyries got Invisible and Shadow on Eyrie Day 2003 (I still hate the Shadow colorfill, but the old one was worse). And Lennies got only Orange on Lenny Day 2003 (although they got an awesome revamp later that year).
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

Invisible? You've got to be joking.

I miss when we got two decent colours and a new av. And invisible is just a cop out. I think they can only get away with releasing an invisible pet on a pet day if the other colour is as awesome as say MSP or plushie or something.
Madge

Post by Madge »

... Well at least they can't do it again next year?
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

So next year they'll draw an awsome one, then release two crappy-in-comparison colourfills. That's reassuring.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

Madge wrote:... Well at least they can't do it again next year?
Or we'll get Snot and Glowing next year?

They missed their chance to revamp this: Image

Baaaaad. So very baaaaad.
LΟL
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

For some reason I don't mind Cloud Chomby, they kinda look like they are a stencil or a window and you can see the outside by looking through them. I don't know if that's my cover up for them being flat or if I actually imagine them to be something they aren't
Veo

Post by Veo »

FYI - I just got my own Chomby. Happy happy happy. ^_^

Thanks again for all the advice!! I owe you guys. :P