New Game: Fashion Fever

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

New Game: Fashion Fever

Post by Officer 1BDI »

It's an EASY 900 points a day. Just enter the game (a starter character is precreated for you) and exit/send score.

I will say that the build of those anthro pets freaks me out. This is why I kept all of my quad pets quad pets.
kerg

Post by kerg »

Well this is...interesting. I will agree that the anthro pets are weird, especially the lupe. And they all seem masculine, even with girl clothes on them, which makes some of the randomised characters look really funny (cross dressers! XD). It was entertaining for a while, but it gets old pretty quick.

Edit: And the hair. I forgot to mention how weird it looks, and there's only one style. I think that contributes to the fact that they all look like guys.
Last edited by kerg on 22 Mar 2007 09:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miazilla

Post by miazilla »

Dude. They all looks like guys. Wth?
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Weird. Is this a sponsor game or a permanent thing?
miazilla

Post by miazilla »

I think they used to have something like this years and years ago. It had bad art and you didn't get any np.
kerg

Post by kerg »

miazilla wrote:I think they used to have something like this years and years ago. It had bad art and you didn't get any np.
Yeah, I remember seeing that. I think someone asked about it in an editorial before, but I don't remember the link to it.
Flossy

Post by Flossy »

The old game was called NeoWardrobe and I loved it. And then they took it down :(

This game...um...sucks. If I'm entirely honest. I managed to get my 900 points though, which was good. And they seriously need more hair styles and clothes.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

The acara is the worst drawn of all three characters although they're all quite freaky. Why do they need hair, and why does it have to be in that spiky guy style? I suppose it prevents layering issues with the hats and clothes (a la Subeta) but still. It's not very fun, and being able to put on fancy dress would be more interesting- dressing up the lupe as Jeran, the acara as Mipsy from NQII, for example.

You can get some extra np if you send some neogreetings- I use @spambob.org for the email addresses and just put some random letters in front, that way it's a valid email address but no one actually receives the junk.
Neopets wishlists: here
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

So, is this an effort to make the site more kid-friendly? Why are there only four pets? Why do you get points from it? Why does Disco turn the Acara Shadow? Why do I even care? Time they could have spent on Chomby Day making an awsome Mutant Chomby that looks like a bloodthirsty hydra went towards... This crap...
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

Wow, honestly, I didn't think that it was as bad as you described...but that's pretty bad.

Mine are in drag, or in Daisy Duke shorts. I kind of like it. It has also made me decide that my next pet will be an flamboyantly gay Acara.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Whoa. Freaky. The np is alright, but I don't know if I can tolerate looking at that kougra for the .67 seconds it takes for me to end the game.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Anyone else see this and immediately think "Haha, somebody is jealous of Subeta"?

I think somebody might have seen the wardrobes on Subeta and how successful they were and tried to emulate them.

Maybe it is a coincidence, but I personally doubt it.

Either way, it isn't worth the effort to get 900np from it daily, art is not very interesting.

But man, I'd love to have wardrobes on Subeta work like that. Unlimited layering, drag and drop... That would be nice. Without Flash, I understand it is harder, but a girl can dream...
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

thelonetiel wrote:Anyone else see this and immediately think "Haha, somebody is jealous of Subeta"?

I think somebody might have seen the wardrobes on Subeta and how successful they were and tried to emulate them.
Yes.

I'll be surprised if the NP payout for this remains as high as it is: it's essentially 900np a day for no effort. That's nonstandard for site games (as opposed to sponsor games). But, we shall see.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

thelonetiel wrote:Anyone else see this and immediately think "Haha, somebody is jealous of Subeta"?
I was going to open this thread with that sentiment, but then I thought, "Nah, I see these flash "drag on clothes" programs all the time at dA. I mean, TNT can't be that low...."

If they were humans we were dressing, then I'd be pointing fingers. As it is, I'll just remain unusually suspicious. :P

(Besides, it's such an awful, lacking parody that it doesn't even hold a candle to Subeta's system anyway.)
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

As said on here before Neopets hada a very similar game to this before Subeta even existed, but then again the old version didn't have anthro type pets, did it? Also there was no NP payout. I don't know, it was quite popular back in the day. But I think Subeta may have influenced this, that or it's back by popular demand, just it sucks this time.