Theories on Shoyru Day?

Post anything new on Neopets here.

Do you think it wll be a good Shoyru Day?

Yes!
11%
No.
89%

Total votes: 47

Veo

Theories on Shoyru Day?

Post by Veo »

Just wanting to see what everyone thinks about it, considering it's the most popular pet, and TNT pretty much have screwed up the last few Pet Days . .

So, ideas? New colors, revamps of old ones?
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I say they give us a really ugly color and lack of an avatar. Because that's all they've been doing this past year of 2007.
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

Second what Silver said. It fits with the year so far, not to mention the fact Shoyrus (Shoyru's?) already have most of the good colours covered.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

There is a Sponge and Strawberry Shoyru on the server, if they are really lazy they will release those.
Veo

Post by Veo »

I fear the Sponge and Strawberry.

Then again, is there any reason why TNT is being lazy? Perhaps another plot in the background that are taking most of their resources? Maybe something else?
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

I believe last time everything sucked hard TNT would frequently go 'Check out how much work we are doing on Neoschools!'

And we all see how that ended.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I really don't get why they haven't released sponge and strawberry shoyrus - there's nothing wrong with either.

I think shoyrus have pretty much all major redraw colours covered. Only remaining is ice I think. They'll probably release two colourfils (or just one as they are running out of colours). Some of possibilities are electric, glowing, chocolate and biscuit.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

They put strawberry and sponge shoyrus in the news, so they should be out. They aren't any worse than any other shoyru as zebru said so there isn't any reason why they shouldn't be released, other than the fact that TNT forget stuff.

It's clear that pet colours are a very low priority at the moment, which is sad. Not the artists' faults since they can only draw what they're told to draw, and if they're kept busy drawing for TCGs and yet more flash games and site events then of course they can't be expected to draw exciting redraws and revamps. I just wish that the people telling the artists what to draw would stop telling them to draw artwork for flash game after flash game after flash game.

Yes, I am fed up with so many new flash games and not enough other new content. FFS, Neopets is a pet site not a flash games site.
Neopets wishlists: here
Flossy

Post by Flossy »

Well, I voted yes just because I've heard being optimistic helps. I really hope it's a good one. The news these past few months seems very bland and half done and I'm quite disappointed. In a way, it's like TNT are losing interest in their site...

I really hope that never ever happens.

And we've been having so many flash games in our faces too. What's up with that? I like the fact it can boost my game scores (I'm after the avatar) but...it gets quite boring after a while. We want more variety!
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I think this poll is proof enough to TNT that they need to get their asses in gear. Ok, it's only a small community, but I'm pretty sure that this would reflect what everyone thinks.
Veo

Post by Veo »

adi_gallia wrote:I think this poll is proof enough to TNT that they need to get their asses in gear. Ok, it's only a small community, but I'm pretty sure that this would reflect what everyone thinks.
I agree 100%. What the hell is going on in there? Is everyone smoking the reefer which means no one cares anymore? Where's the hint of a new plot? A nice pet for once? Ugg . . . */end complaining*

I just want some effort . . . Ish.
EofS

Post by EofS »

I suspect the lack-lustreness is because there's something big in the works.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Shoyrus (Shoyru's?)
Shoyrus. Words never ever have apostrophes added to make them plural.

And I've heard there's something big coming up, too. No idea if it's a site thing or an offline thing (a game, a mobile expansion, etc) but wait and see.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Something big? Hmm, that doesn't sound too good. The only thing I found when searching Google News for 'Neopets' (other than 'Viacom sues Youtube' stories) was one line in this article;

"Acquired virtual world Neopets plans to add a broadband player and on-air interstitials soon."

Only one site mentions it, and I don't really know what it means, but I don't like the sound of it.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I had to look up interstitials- Wikipedia says:
In television, interstitials refers to short programming which is often shown between movies or other events. An example is cast interviews after movies on Premium movie Channels.
It sounds like another kind of advertising. In fact, it sounds just like that sponsor "game" that isn't a game, Adver-Video. Or like Movie Mountain. Whatever it is, it's sponsor related (generally not a good thing, original content is usually a lot better than content developed with a sponsor in mind) and it doesn't sound awfully original. If it wasn't for the fact that that article is dated only a few weeks ago I'd say it had already happened. But perhaps that isn't it.
Neopets wishlists: here