A Sad Day For Battledomers ;)

Post anything new on Neopets here.
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

Hahaha....kind of lame of them to make a joke out of something that not everyone on the site uses. : |
Nothing To See Here
Moskau

Post by Moskau »

So when we zap pets, will we get stats? I zapped today and lost 3 defence points... But that was this morning when NST = 11PM
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

My lab account has played its April Fool joke on me. I am now zap-adopting to get some nifty-looking pets to adopt out to people when they change to nifty species-color combos. Well, today it turned into a Yellow LUTARI! Now HOW am I supposed to adopt that critter out or expect nice color changes? :P I'm thinking of GUMPing the thing, although its kinda nifty having a rather uncommon pet on here for now.

As for the Battledome - good one! I wonder how many people will catch on. I know I am still wasting tons of NP on codestones training my Eyrie. Everyone's stats on my account are still visible, and I can get into the Hidden Tower no problem. :P
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

I love this so much ^_^. I was beginning to think they weren't goign to pull it off this year {what with today being a sunday and all} they haven't disappointed {for once ¬_¬}. I haven't been able to take part since it went 'live' but when i finally got round to noticing I just laughed my backside off for a good few minutes at the thought of my battle pet trying to take his frustration out on my tuskaninny and the chaos on the help boards from comfused battledomers. Things like this make my day after I've been working on thesis stuff alll day {so I missed most of today's chaos on here too ;_;}
Veo

Post by Veo »

Was it just me, or was I someone who really wasn't impressed? Then again, it's on a weekend, whatever . . . still, I was expecting a RADICAL NEW FRONT NEW PAGE, and a BILLION NEW pets, etc, etc.

But no. BD is down. Meh. *sad*
kerg

Post by kerg »

Huh, I never would have noticed if it weren't for this, since I never use the battledome. This is a good prank for anyone who uses it, but bleh for everyone else.

...and I'm curious, what the heck was the faerie wars thing about anyway? I never saw anything about it. Edit: Okay, so that's what it was, thanks Huggles. I read a few comics in the NT, got excited about a new April fool's joke, and then was confused when I couldn't find any mention of it elsewhere.
Last edited by kerg on 01 Apr 2007 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

A bunch of Neopian Times authors got together to create a fake plot. I only noticed because I still read every single comic every week along with the editorial. This, I didn't notice. Even when I saw the thread here. I don't know what caused me to finally get it, but I don't doubt that I could have gone the whole day thinking they had done nothing. I too was expecting a blurb on the news page at the very least.
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

I thought that lame Faerie Wars thing was the joke until I came here. I don't battle so there is no way I would of known otherwise. Pretty lame joke if you ask me. I was hoping they would do something like make all pets green unis for the day :P
Not all who wander are lost.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

At least it wasn't something hilarously cruel like telling us that the DD prizes will be postponed for 6 months.

Although that still could happen....
WildFang

Post by WildFang »

Wow TNT and a group of neopians working together to make lots of others suffer for a day, yeah Neopets is going back to normal little by little
checkers

Post by checkers »

A good joke would've been a Scorchio revamp..to something worse than what it was! xD lol
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

Like this?

Ah, good times.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Well, that was lame. I actually played Neo a bit yesterday and I never noticed a thing. *yawn*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Actually, credit to TNT for making an April Fools' joke that:

~ Showed they're not too proud to make fun of themselves and their unavoidable, yet frustrating, delays
~ Didn't send the HC into an inconsolable screaming tizzy
~ Nobody in their right mind could conceive as a good idea (I still think the 50 AF pets, and even possibly the Neocharge, should've been for real.)

Anna the Red wrote:Like this?

Ah, good times.

But, but... that's so cute! Did you draw that? I want one!

This is not sarcasm!
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

Alas, no, it was part of the 'Makeover!' April Fools they did a few years back.Here it is, if you're curious.