A Sad Day For Battledomers ;)

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Rainbow Daydreamer

A Sad Day For Battledomers ;)

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

The Battledome Is Closed

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we've had to permanently shut down the Battledome and its associated activities. Obviously, this is not something we wanted to do, and as much as we'd like to fully explain, we aren't allowed to comment at this time. We'll just leave it at that for now.

We know there are many, many Neopians who have worked very, very hard and spent countless Neopoints to train their Neopets for the Battledome. We would like to thank you for participating in past wars and events, and for keeping Neopia safe via Defenders of Neopia. Please know that we haven't forgotten you. We are currently working on new activities that will put these stats to use. Your efforts will NOT be wasted.

We have also been ordered to remove certain Battledome weapons from the site. We realise there are many Neopoints invested there, as well, so instead of simply deleting them from everyone's account, we're putting together a Battledome weapon exchange program. We're still working out the details, but we hope to allow everyone to trade in their weapons for another item of equal or lesser rarity. We will have this ready by Wednesday to comply with the agreement.

We're sorry for the short notice, and for not having alternatives ready for you now, but it was unavoidable. We're working as fast as we can and we think the new stuff will be quite cool. We hope to have everything else up by mid October!

- The Neopets Team
The Battledome Chat and Hidden Tower are closed, too.

You gotta love TNT.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

I saw a bunch of people on the Help boards freaking the hell out over this. Heh heh. but at least it's better than all that 'Faerie Wars' crap. Every other board was 'OMG WAT R the FARIE WARS!'

My favourite is still all the April Fools pets. Those guys rocked.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

I wonder if today would be a good day to buy weapons...
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

Depends on how many people buy it. At least the darigan and baby PB should temporarily inflate if the HT is closed, I think.
LΟL
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

There was talk on the Neoboards of being unable to sell weapons, but I don't see how.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
EarwenAncalime

Post by EarwenAncalime »

So if hidden tower is closed, that means that the price of a Royal PB will go up? XD brilliant....
sureq

Post by sureq »

I like the fact that the battledome stats are not on my pet's lookups, because not one of them really battle and it looks neater.

And the custom on my pteri fits better now I don't have normal attack picture there.
ImageImage
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Is anyone reminded of another petsite that did something rather similar with their avatar system? You could turn in the old avatars for items, and then later they released a new feature absolutely riddled with bugs? Think this may be a subtle jab at them?

Oh, me neither. Don't know where that thought came from...
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I didn't even notice that xD That's awesome!

Of course, my pets with a custom designed lookup to have a special battledome pic look really fummy now, but oh well xD

They also removed your battledome stats from lookups. FUNNEH.
ulyyf

Post by ulyyf »

And here I was thinking that they had been slacking off on April Fool's, too....
Independent thought, independent dreams, independent lives. It's a thing worth dying for.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Heh, I didn't even notice the lack of battledome stats. I had to come here to figure out what TNT's joke was since I hardly battle anymore.
Crystal Firefly

Post by Crystal Firefly »

This year was rather clever in it's execution. I thought the battledome was more popular than this. You wouldn't realise anything is up if you don't use the battledome. Brilliant.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

LOL! Time to lurk on the Help Chat and see how many n00bs totally fall for and panic over this! :twisted:
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I wouldn't be too bothered if this April Fools was real xD

Apart from the fact I wouldn't be able to get my Royal PB this wouldn't bother me, I can't say I'd have noticed it go missing.

What I find funny is Tarla is giving out a BD shield today, trying to give them away before they become useless eh Tarla? :P
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

Meh,that was a very lame joke. I don't battledome and I rarely go to the Hidden Tower (which is currently working for me, don't ask me why).