Wordscramble : 1k np + Codestone

Post anything new on Neopets here.
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

Not to mention that just about anyone can go to the grocery store, pick up the magazine, do the quiz thing, unscramble the word, note the url, go home, and get the 1k and codestone for free...which is seeming like someone did. Well, might have. I know I wouldve done that.
Nothing To See Here
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

You know, do what you want.

This isn't neopianrants.

I'm really sorry for spoiling "your" fun.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Why the quotation marks?

And seriously, why does it even bother you? Sure, you paid money for the magazine, but I doubt you bought it only for the puzzle, so you presumably enjoyed reading the rest of the mag. And yeah, you actually did the "work" of completing the puzzle, but... it's a puzzle. They're meant to be fun, with any reward as a bonus. It's not like you did some huge labor-intensive plot and then we all copied off you. It's not like us getting a free codestone affects you in any way. I just don't get the anger, honestly.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Cranberry wrote:Why the quotation marks?

And seriously, why does it even bother you? Sure, you paid money for the magazine, but I doubt you bought it only for the puzzle, so you presumably enjoyed reading the rest of the mag. And yeah, you actually did the "work" of completing the puzzle, but... it's a puzzle. They're meant to be fun, with any reward as a bonus. It's not like you did some huge labor-intensive plot and then we all copied off you. It's not like us getting a free codestone affects you in any way. I just don't get the anger, honestly.

Let's see how I see it. You're taking my place. I'm taking the place of a random spammer.

You are playing the Lenny Conundrum. You're calculating really hard. You find the answer. You're proud of youself! You know you're not on the top 250, but who care! You solved it yourself.

I spam the answer on the Neoboards.

You end up with 96 NP, because a lot of lazy people copied the answer from me.

For now, it is positive, but it might turn into something negative. Users never end up winning, in this kind of situation. Neopets will suspect something fishy.

The satisfaction of work well done beat any reward anyway.
Madge

Post by Madge »

The thing is, with the LC, the more people who submit the answer, the lower the reward is... Everyone who submits this answer gets the same reward... All it can do is deflate codestone prices, and codestones get taken out of the economy all the time.

That said, I'm not sure if arguments about the magazine's availability have as much weight as people would hope... A few years ago I was in a small country town with a population of about 4,000, buying a postcard, and was shocked to find the newsagent there stocked the neopets magazine. :P

[/making an entire paragraph solely to include that anecdote]
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Yeah, the Lenny C example doesn't work, at all. Everyone here gets 1k and a codestone; it doesn't matter whether 10 people enter, or a million. One person leaking the answer doesn't ruin it for anyone. And there's absolutely no downside to more codestones entering the economy.

Also, I don't know what you mean by "Neopets will suspect something fishy." They don't have to suspect anything; they know the link's being posted all over (and I'm sure they expected as much).

Finally, if you're satisfied with the work you did... again, why do you care what we do? Like I said, it doesn't hurt you in any way.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

there's absolutely no downside to more codestones entering the economy.
That depends on where you're sitting. For you, codestone training, codestone deflation is only a good thing. But I have 69 codestones in my SDB, so codestone deflation's cutting into my potential profits. This is the same for deflation of every single item on Neopets- there are always a number of people who lose out, either by having overpaid or by their speculation failing.

I don't actually mind this, because the deflation appears to be 500np per codestone at most, which is only about 35k even with my hoard. But it's generous to say that it can only be a good thing.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Jazzy is absolutely and totally right. That's something I haven't even considered.

Cranberry: It seems than my selfish opinion about "Effort = Reward" and "No efforts = No reward" just isn't cutting it. Tu veux que je me tue?
Et ensuite, qui dis-tu qui n'est pas correcte, là-dedans? Go ahead, I cannot control you. But, I'm not going to be happy about it.

And Madge, seriously laughing at that anecdote. Really.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

And as Ty will mention, that's the risk you take for hoarding or investing in any items. Curse her and her jinxing me and my snowickle. Really, it's not that I don't get what you're saying, I just think you're being silly and melodramatic. I mean, complain about Tarla giving away that item you bought for 100k, or 300k or a hojillion np. But, a codestone and 1k? Please.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Iggy wrote:JTu veux que je me tue?
Et ensuite, qui dis-tu qui n'est pas correcte, là-dedans?
Would anybody mind translating this into English? I can't imagine I'm the only person who is following this thread whose French is not good enough to read forum posts in it.

Thanks.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I'm assuming it's directed at Cranberry or just rambling. Either way, I ignored it.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

EofS wrote:
Iggy wrote:JTu veux que je me tue?
Would anybody mind translating this into English? I can't imagine I'm the only person who is following this thread whose French is not good enough to read forum posts in it.

Thanks.
Babel Fish wrote:Do JTu want that I commit suicide? And then, which do you say which is not correct, in it?
Somehow, I suspect that's not it . . . *adds own request to E's*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Do JTu want that I commit suicide? And then, which do you say which is not correct, in it?
Hahaha, that is priceless!

I also happily snagged the codestone and 1k, thanks. And if they ever, for some unknown reason, bring out a Dutch magazine, I would also happily solve a puzzle and post solution and linky here.
No problems at all. (allthough I would have to solve it in the store because I don't think the magazine could interest me that much)
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

Thanks for the link, NyauNyau. I got a Tai-Kai Codestone with my Neopoints...

Oh, and what Iggy said in french could be translated into:
Tu veux que je me tue?
You want me to kill myself? And [after], what do you say which is not correct, in that?
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

Oh my god. I seriously can't believe you're fighting over this. Could you possibly find anything more trivial to fight over? Really?

It's a just a pet site. o.o; Nothing worth ripping each other's throats out over.