Wordscramble : 1k np + Codestone

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Huggles wrote:I'm assuming it's directed at Cranberry or just rambling. Either way, I ignored it.
Haha, so did I. ;) I don't care to be lectured about effort and reward; I've been playing the site for more than six years and have achieved quite a bit, thanks to a lot of effort. 1k and a codestone is literally almost nothing to me (which is probably why I don't see this as such a big deal), and I'm arguing just for the hell of it anyway. (Also, I didn't see any throat-ripping! Where's the throat-ripping!? I definitely want in on that! ;))

dandelions, the thing is, any codestone deflation caused by this is going to be VERY minor and last maybe a week. This isn't like the advent calendar where everyone on the site knows about it and gets the prize; this is (relatively) few people, many of whom are actually using the codestone for training or sticking it in their own SDB (as I did). I'm actually surprised prices dropped at all... that 500np could even be the normal codestone price fluctuation.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Sorry for the double post, but it's been more than three days... and there's a new wordscramble!

http://www.neopets.com/wordscramble/wordscramble.phtml

Answer: pandaphant

---

Note: If anyone from TNT tells us to stop posting these/collecting the prize if we haven't bought the mag, I will definitely stop. However, I sincerely doubt they mind everyone collecting these, as they've publicly said they don't mind people clicking the Tarla links (even if they haven't downloaded the toolbar), and those give out much more valuable prizes. :)
Last edited by Cranberry on 14 Apr 2007 08:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

For completing the scramble, you have won 1,000 Neopoints, plus the following item:

Vo Codestone

*manical laughter*
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

Whoo! Cheers Cranberry! I got a Lu codestone.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Orn codestone :) Oh, it'd be great if these became a regular thing. Thanks Cranberry!
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

Oooh Zei Codestone!
Thank you Cranberry!
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Eo Codestone
W00t! Thanks, Cranberry!
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
ulyyf

Post by ulyyf »

If they expected people *not* to share this link and the code around, they'd probably give out better prizes, anyway.
Independent thought, independent dreams, independent lives. It's a thing worth dying for.
Trouble

Post by Trouble »

Thanks again! :D Zei Codestone here. Also, capitalizing the word will result in wrong answer :p
"The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be." -Adams
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Honestly, they should have known better, this time around.

Like, putting a one-use code with the magazine.

If you don't have the magazine AND the one-usecode which is IN the magazine, no soup for you.

I'm not blaming the users this time around, Neopets should either make it a site-wide promotion, or really restrict it to magazine readers.
Last edited by Iggy on 14 Apr 2007 08:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phoebemittens

Post by phoebemittens »

woo-ha! Main codestone, nice! Thank you Cranberry. :D
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

I think they just don't care, Iggy, or else they want to deflate codestones. The prices have been ridiculously high lately, and TNT often does something when that happens (creating the tomb in geraptiku and giving them out there, handing them out as mystery pic or lenny c prizes, etc.). And I eventually expect the prices to fall a lot, if they ever get around to this (last paragraph):
I was chatting with a friend recently and mentioned that I didn't enjoy having to buy three or so codestones every time I wanted to train my battle Neopet, Wish a statistic point. So my friend suggested that I should train with dubloons, because they're cheaper. However, Neopets with levels over 40 aren't allowed to train at the academy. What about on Neopets' special days? Lenny Day is coming up and I'd really like to know. Luv ya TNT. ~forever_future

Alas, yes, Cap'n Threelegs' Swashbuckling Academy is cheaper, but is meant to train only lower level Neopets. Since he's the one that offers free training, Neopets over level 40 don't get free training on their special day. *sniffle*

Don't tell anyone we told you, but we're currently discussing some possible features for higher level Neopets. *shifty eyes* It will be quite some time before we speak of this again, though, so don't ask. :P
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Cranberry : I'm mostly talking about putting the puzzle online, actually. That could be fun.

Releasing a ton of items...obviously won't solve the inflation, because a lot of codestone leave the economy, and a lot of people hoard them.

When multi-millionaires want codestones price to rise, they buy them in bulk.

Sickening.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Uhhh...except they have been deflating. The codestones I got were about 700np cheaper than usual and the spendy ones (Eo and Main last I checked) were about 1500np cheaper.

You're just complaining because it's something to complain about. It doesn't especially effect you personally, and I think you're just mad because TNT doesn't care.

Hell, I think I'll use my german phrase :P

Schlampe, halt die Fresse und mach mir ein Sandwich

Seriously, quit bitching.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

DamionDarkheart wrote:Uhhh...except they have been deflating. The codestones I got were about 700np cheaper than usual and the spendy ones (Eo and Main last I checked) were about 1500np cheaper.

You're just complaining because it's something to complain about. It doesn't especially effect you personally, and I think you're just mad because TNT doesn't care.

Hell, I think I'll use my german phrase :P

Schlampe, halt die Fresse und mach mir ein Sandwich

Seriously, quit bitching.

If you think this makes me mad, you obviously have never seen me in my mad mood. Trust me on that one.

And, quit bitching about my bitching, please. That's just hilarious. And not serious.