New World!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Bacon

New World!

Post by Bacon »

Well, a new world is confermed, thanks to NNoN and Jellyneo (Their version is cleaner):

DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Oh so they're finally doing something with that unmarked island everyone on the neoboards thought Shenkuu was going to be.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
kerg

Post by kerg »

Ooooh, sounds awesome! At first I thought they were talking about Lutari Island, but I wouldn't call Lutari 'strange, mutated creatures.' Can't wait to see what it is. And I'm glad the Altador cup will be an annual thing, it was fun and I want to try to participate more this year.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Just so Darigan can win this year, I'll be logging back on to Neopets to play like a maniac in the Cup. And to check out this new world. ;)
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Oh, good news both :)

First, I hope Mutant world will hopefully mean release of more mutant pets, poogle included preferably (poogle trans would make morphing pets into poogles cheaper). Plus mutant world sounds fun!

Second, I hope Altador cup will mean fire, snow, faerie and mutant colours released for yooyus - I decided a snow one would be perfect for Pot :) (just bought the basic yooyu for the purpose the other day)
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Normally I'd shout things like "Where are my Shenkuu ninja and Altador gladiator paintbrushes?" or "Why hasn't the space station been updated yet and why can't I move there?", but a world populated by mootants sounds intriguing. Could it be Sloth's secret new headquarters for world domination? Or are we going to get a totally different set of mutants? If it's the latter, than how are they going to make them unique when they have enough troubles keeping Darigan and the current Sloth mutants separate? Or does mutant just mean we're getting some strange new redraw color—pets made out of dung and trash, some sort of evil plant creatures, gargoyle-like revivals of stone, legendary recreations of monsters like gorgons and chimaeras, or super-intelligent shades of plaid?

I'm not looking forward to trying to best my first Cup score. I detest that game.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I am also intrested in what this new world would be. I think it could be really cool to have a island with all mutants types. Like huggles, I'm wondering if it will deal with sloth's mutants or a totally different sort of look. It would be cool if it was sloth's secret island where he put all his mutants, like the Island of Dr. Moreau of sorts. Hopefully we'll get something intresting in this island other then a bunch more shops.

I'm looking forward to the new Altador Cup. I just played a few games the last time, being terrible at the game so I was proud with what I did. But I want to be able to support Darigan again, whoot! **waves her Darigan banner**
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

If they give out PBs that paint your pet the colour of the winning team as final prizes like they did last year I think we should all want the Pirates to win. Or Maraqua. Or Faerieland. Those brushes could need some deflation.

But, if they add a new world we'll have 13 teams competing for the cup? I wonder how that'll work out.
LΟL
potclover

Post by potclover »

rebelheart wrote:
But, if they add a new world we'll have 13 teams competing for the cup? I wonder how that'll work out.
They may add Neovia, or Shenkuu along with this new world. Which lsounds very cool!
Neopets//potcloverthegreat
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

We also have the Shenkuu that will be new in the cup. So that would make 16 yes? 13 worlds shown ont he list, plus you have Lutari Island and Shenkuu now showing so that makes 15. The new world would make 16. Maybe this new world is to even things out with the cup.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Oooh, I have no idea which side to pick. I started off with TM last year (it's where my neohome is), then switched to Roo Island for two rounds, then finally relented and went with HW.

This year, though... so many pretty new worlds to choose from. :(

If PBs are an issue, though, I'm definitely joining Faerieland.

EDIT: Does anyone have the link to the prize page for the Altador Cup? I want to spend the rest of my points before the Cup starts anew.
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 11 Apr 2007 03:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I'm going with the underdogs once again. I might join the Lost Desert, this time around.
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

im guessing this new area is the bogswamp area that was featured on a lot of trading cards? this seems to me my guess as the area west of lutari island really does look like some sort of swamp-filled land that could hold odd mutated creatures....

HOPEFULLY we'll get lutari island soon and this new land , and if this happens i might be one step closer to forgiving TNT for their laziness since like....forever..and they BETTER make a new color to go with this land or else....
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Lutari Island's been released for at least a year now and I don't see any indications of TNT's making it freely available yet. I'm personally hoping they never do just so I don't have to look at lutari island pets.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

I thought the only pet you could adopt from Lutari Island was the Lutari?
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image