Holy crap. CLOTHING/CUSTOMIZABLE NEOPETS is in beta.

Post anything new on Neopets here.
SeaNymph

Post by SeaNymph »

Darigan Peophin ready for battle. :D

Edit: Check out the new look on the robot Peophin! :shock:
Last edited by SeaNymph on 18 Apr 2007 04:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Houston, we have a problem (and, btw, the proportions aren't jacked up on the faerie Pteri image - that's the way it's drawn):

I'd be more excited about this, if, as Twofold said, the pet art didn't suck so hard.

Poor Roseau.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

I want a headless Neopets.
Nothing To See Here
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Mmm it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would...though that aisha don't look like what aisha's look like now. **scratches head** I think it could be fun to dress your pets up, defently if it fits their personality or such. I could see an invisable version of a pet wearing clothes but you still can't see them, that would be cool. I just don't know...I'll judge more on the finish project...that is if they go all the way with it.

Off topicness: I'm in love with that weewoo plushie too Kamil! So very cute. Heck todays theme has been great. I love the new petpetpet. I'm wanting the wormoeba and the glime plushie so bad! Hopefully they aren't to rare, probally are though...woe.

Addon: Ha! Headless pets...now that would be awesome. I want one too! **giggle snorts** That is just to funny.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

So, these are not the current items on sale, they're new, different clothes?
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

They look like the items already on the pets judging from the Royalgirl Aisha screenshot and the Pteri one
Nothing To See Here
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I mean, none of the items listed in the screenshots are searchable on the wiz, so I'm assuming the current clothing will not be made wearable, just this new wearable clothing?
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

Oohh. Yea, thats what it looks like. Maybe theyll end up making NEW clothes? Totally just making the current clothing even more useless
Nothing To See Here
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Is this honestly the big surprise they've been working on? What's taken priority over avatars, pet colors, and pretty much everything but games?

Fuck this site.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

They're...they're not anthro at all. I take it all back. Well, not all because I would still prefer a human minime to dress up. And where exactly are the dressed up Neopets displayed?
WildFang

Post by WildFang »

Goddamn Now I have to go stock up on clothing. hopefully this will come out soon
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I'm guessing the current clothing won't be wearable unless it has a species name in the item name. >_>
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Oh My God! I'm in love! This is rather amazing, and I'm in love with it. For those of you point to Subeta, do not forget that Subeta copied off of GaiaOnline, so he who is without sin cast the first stone =P.

Also, They have appeared to to do clothing for each and every pet, which I'm rather sure that Subeta said they could not do, despite having far less pets than Neopets =D. I'm also guessing that, because it seems to be how Neopets does things, all of the clothing will be wearable when it opens up. They're rather consistent about things once they actually start, even if they have to push it back forever and a day.

The pet redraws? THEY ARE AMAZING! Since I'm a blumaroo freak, of course I checked them first (it doesn't hurt that 3/4 pets on my premium account are Blus =P) and their redraws are adorable! Also, it appears that not only is each color represented, but the basic redraw is slightly different based on gender. It is most obvious in the Blumaroo when you look at their eyes, because the girls have the long eyelashes.

Maggots looks adorable!

On Usuls, which I loved, was the fact you could choose their bow and headband colours!

ImageImage

One thing I like is that the clothing fits rather seamlessly, and it doesn't have the PAST'D ON YAY! look that some Subeta clothing does. Also, here you can see the difference between the Male and Female Blumaroos

So Darn Cute!

So yeah, I guess I am rather fond of this. It is a step in the right direction, and it shows that you can have the fun, dress up bit while still keeping the focus of the site on the pets. This will open up an ungodly amount of customization, which is what people so often complain about in neopets.

There are of course, Errors. Certian pets don't have clothing working at the moment, like the Mutant Blumaroo, but this thing isn't even in Beta yet, it's still in Alpha (which is one of the reason why there is so little clothing. They are making sure their coding works, and that the clothing can go on the pets how they want it, I don't blame them for not releasing every bit of clothing there is off the bat. Could you imagine the troubleshooting chaos that would be?. I'm eagerly awaiting the full version of this however, and it will be interesting to watch it unfold.

EDIT: For those who have concerns for the robot pets, it appears that their actual metal casing is optional, and is put in the wardrobe, which I find awesome, as it allows for all kinds of fiddlings. Also I like the drawings with all the wires... *blush*
Last edited by Illuen on 18 Apr 2007 06:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

Huggles wrote:And where exactly are the dressed up Neopets displayed?
I believe that they are displayed on the pet lookup and the quickref page. I saw a screenie that said that this is the image of the pet wherever they go in neopia. I wonder if they have sad/happy poses for the dressed up pets. I wouldn't expect battledome poses, but they might do moods.

I like this, because this is another way to make Neopets about the pets, not just the "neo". Paintbrushes are fine, but you can only paint a pet once, and eventually you run out of room.
If you're ever in doubt, throw a pepper in the air. If it fails to come down, you have gone mad, so don't trust in anything.
- Gregory Maguire, "Mirror, Mirror"
-----------------------------
On Neopets: yvonne_l_d
On Subeta: myshadowandme
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Unless you're prone to changing your mind. I remember having a purple pet (can't remember which) before he decided to take a ride on the town bike. He got painted brown really really fast.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image