New neopets layout

Post anything new on Neopets here.
varii

Post by varii »

My boyfriend and I have decided that the new grey usul looks like it has had a few too many beers and is grabbing it's keys (stupidly of course) to drive home.
sureq

Post by sureq »

gidget wrote:Here is a petpage that has most, if not all of the updated art. It is *very* image intensive, so it will take a while to load.
Baby pets have gone from the pets I dislike the most to the ones I detest least.

And they reposed the maraquan? I thought they said they wouldn't do that?

*sigh* and to think I was saving for that.
ImageImage
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Yeah I have to say I like a lot of the baby pets much more now. See not all things to come out of this are bad!
Image Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

If you want to boycott, do it now, and do it for a long time.

I'm not boycotting May 1st.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

A boycott won't really accomplish anything, because there are too many people who enjoy the site as-is or who won't hear about the boycott or any number of other things.

The best thing to do, if you want to see changes, is continue to write in to the editorial and hope for the best. Boycotts don't work all that well in the internet world, I don't think.
Caz

Post by Caz »

I like the Baby Aisha best out of all the Aishas. It's not grinning like it drank too much coffee and then ate Pixy Stix.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I don't know why I'm posting this here because it has nothing to do with the topic title "New Layout". Anyway, just in case no one noticed, the faerie buzz has got its old wings back- it's in the same style as the other buzzes, but it actually looks like a faerie pet rather than just a purple buzz.

EDIT: wait a moment, I just saw a male buzz and it had the ordinary buzz wings. Wow. Sexism or what? I would think it's not intentional, anyway, so it'd get fixed eventually.
Erstin
Human Avatar: 340918

Post by Erstin »

Eek! It's been so long since I logged into neopets and now I find that amateur layout. I think TNT wants everybody to leave *shock* O.O

EDIT: The funny thing is that it looks like they're serious about it. I just can't believe they're going to left neo like that :shock:
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Oh my. I was disappointed enough that cran_b will never be a royalgirl kau now because it's been ruined (as I mentioned before, the pet cran_b is named after my main and I wanted her to look somewhat like me -- the royalgirl kau's red hair and circle/angry pose expressions were perfect). But then I got sick of her being a kacheek and made her into a gnorbu... and she has scary half-lidded hooker eyes with long lashes. It's hideous!

I'm actually pretty disappointed with all the pets on my side. The ones on my main account made it through okay (my female cybunny has normal eyes), but even the grandfathered ones on my side look tiny and blurry now, and the uni and gnorbu look stupid.
lalalei2001

Post by lalalei2001 »

The lag time on the new layout is horrible. I remember when I was on DIALUP on the old layout and it didn't take this long!
MY ACCOUNT WAS HACKED AND PET STOLEN! D:
http://neocolours.me.uk/forum/viewtopic ... 15&t=11993
rottweilerchika

Post by rottweilerchika »

I'm sort of liking the new layout... xD.

I think there's something glitchy going on, though- Romanticality is still in his royal garb, but I was able to equip ALL of it onto Moonlights, who's a Darigan Uni.

Needless to say, Moonlights looks pretty spiffy. :P

i suck a lot okay
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Really? NC lags more for me than Neopets does. I've been playing NQII (both before and after the change) so I should notice too. Yet it seems pretty similar to me. I'm blocking all the ads so that might make a difference, I don't know.

EDIT: heee, that's fun- royalboy darigan uni. Too bad they'll probably not allow you to do that after they tidy stuff up.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Yeah, Neopets isn't lagging for me either. Maybe it's your connection, or maybe it lags more on some resolutions than others? I have no idea. I also have one of those computers where the layout actually looks really nice...I've got a wide laptop screen, and I keep my resolution high.
Sodapop

Post by Sodapop »

I'm so disappointed in these new Redraws. Also now the picture on my two new Userlookups don't work, they did but since the change they don't. I have the same coding on my other 2 accounts as well and those two pictures work just fine...o-0 I'm just a bit mad about that.

[edit] I heard this isn't a beta...Does anyone know for sure whether or not this whole new Layout and everything is a beta?
Name is Sodapop
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

As of now all this pet art and layout is final. I don't know if that's good or bad news for you.