New neopets layout

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I *just* (as of 3 hours ago) painted Fallen_Fire_Angel Halloween for 415K. Now he looks like this:

If they don't fix this, I'm shit outta luck because I'm penniless. I'm so very angry, I can't stand it!
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

I've decided that I'm going to ride this out for a couple weeks and hope it gets changed back or something.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

At least they made it easier for me to condense my accounts. My cloud chomby is horrible now, as is my halloween ixi, tyrannian koi, electric wocky, shadow yurble, green cybunny, ROYAL JUBJUB. ...oh my god. That was a freaking birthday present from you guys, and I hate the new art. I hate it.

....I feel horrible now.

I've never cried over a stupid pet site before, but that did it.

I'm too stunned to say anything more constructive.
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

...I don't think it looks that bad...

*killed*
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
Symmie

Post by Symmie »

One good thing from this: I DON'T WANT A PIRATE XWEETOK ANYMORE. THEY'RE RUINED. :D
ImageImage
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

(Needless to say 'My Lovely Horse' has gone. Big Red Lever Time, query?)
shit.

A nice touch is that the pets lucky enough to get away without being customised don't actually show up on their own lookups. Here's hoping that isn't permanent, or I'll be out closer to twelve mil rather than just two.
Last edited by dandelions on 26 Apr 2007 07:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

So who's the pet and who's the petpet here? The pet images are so damn tiny.
I just want my pets back. Want pets back.

EDIT: What's My Lovely Horse?

EDIT 2: My username is now capitalized on the topbar. Anyone elses, too?
Last edited by rebelheart on 26 Apr 2007 07:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LΟL
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Speaking of tiny:

Not only is the size off, but there is only one expression for my pet?! Why, TNT, why?
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

What. The. Fuck.

Not prepared indeed. OMFG holy shit etc. Okay breathe breathe. I am too old for this shit! You get mighty used to something after seven years...

My sidebar (valentine's) looks completely different but I like it. Other than that, I do NOT like my faerie draik image mirrored! Why why why?

OMG, convert this neopet-- THIS CONVERSION CANNOT BE UNDONE??? Fuckers.

I am really really hating this right now. It could all be my abhorrence of change but... I HATE the new redraw artwork, I don't like my pet flipped around, WHY does my ice hissi look like this, WHY does my mutant draik look like this? I didn't get a choice with them. I'm getting upset.
solarith

Post by solarith »

I did a routine check through my accounts and thankfully most of my pets didn't get customized. Though the ones that did ... ugh.

My poor Desert Lupe doesn't look very good at all anymore. Poor Nakhota. Why is he wearing that ugly grin?

And they completely ruined the Lutari, so it's natural that Finibarr looks horrid. Now all the time I spent trying to snag one when they were released seems worthless now.
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

So those who never played around with the customize beta can still see the circle poses on their quickref?
LΟL
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

If they were going to leave some of the old pet art, they should have left all of it. All of it.

I cared as much about my cloud chomby as I did my grey yurble. Why can I keep the old art for one and not for the other?
Phibby

Post by Phibby »

They were right: I was not prepared.

I think I literally gasped when I saw the new layout. I've been on Neo for five and a half years, five and a half years that have had very little change layout-wise. Maybe this is good? Lord knows my interest in Neo has been downhill for a while now, especially with my newfound interest in Subeta (a site I can actually make money at, holy crap), and now I'm curious again, if not necessarily the best kind of curious. This will definitely take some getting used to, to say the least!

This probably makes me a horrible person, but I'm actually kind of liking it. I like the new main page; it actually makes me curious about the winners of crap like site/lookup/gallery/caves spotlights that I always skipped by in the news. I'm not sure I like the sidebar becoming a top/bottom bar, but I'll give it a shot (though my NP on hand is hard to read with the Altador Cup bar). My only real complaint right now are the boards. They're stretched out like crazy, and it's more than a little annoying.

Regarding the new pet art: What is up with my pets and their paws? Three of my four pets (Maraquan Blumaroo, Spotted Kacheek, Yellow Cybunny) are making fists or doing something with one of their paws.
Image Image
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

_8_skritch_ocy_21 says:
Why don't you just paint me grey if you're gonna leave me like this?

The pets talk to you from their box thing.

Why is my pet such a peb? :P
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Wysteria

Post by Wysteria »

My royalgirl lupe is uncustomized. My royalgirl flotsam is ruined. My - okay, the only pets of mine that I even /like/ anymore are the ones that aren't customized.

My only hope is that this is some big, elaborate, horrible joke. This gives me hope:
We would also like to mention that if you aren't happy with the change to any of your Neopets, don't go hunting for a morphing potion just yet! You may find justice early next week.
I can't even see the new pet lookups. They load partway then redirect me to this:
ERROR : This Neopet name has been deemed inappropriate.
We are displeased. And disappointed. And, really, I'm glad I was losing interest already, but - I had lost interest in playing, but not in my pets. I still liked my pets! I thought they were pretty and done and... it is sad.

I am holding out hope that early next week they will roll things back and be all 'April Fools! Late!'

Vain hope.
Bless my whiskers. {Formerly Grey Cloud.}