New neopets layout

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Since this pet is missing from there.. I previewed my Khozarak.

Image to Image

*gags* It isn't the cunning/plotting darigan techo minion it originally was.. There's no way I'm converting him. :p
kookybloo

Post by kookybloo »

For those of you on shieboo's page, two words: Ice. Bruce.

Who wants to mail Viacom some anthrax?
Lucifer_Apollyon

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

kookybloo wrote:For those of you on shieboo's page, two words: Ice. Bruce.

Who wants to mail Viacom some anthrax?
Please, let's keep the inappropriate terrorist threats to ourselves.
Lou 500

Post by Lou 500 »

How about a canary with bird flu?
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

shieboo's page makes me sad. because it makes me realise the extent to which TNT has ruined so many pets. so so many. the darigan aisha.. my dream pet. now i hope i never get one. all the darigan pets. most of the royals. the plushies. the mutants. pteris. grey. faerie. lennies. meercas. koi. bori.

arg.

I could entirely live with the new layout, but the pets.. this isnt an 'addition' to the site. this has entirely changed who neopets is completely, and permanently. i suppose ill carry on playing, i was never a particularly hardcore player anyway.

at least the maraquan shoyru still looks sort of nice.
Lucifer_Apollyon

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

Lou 500 wrote:How about a canary with bird flu?
As far as I know, that one hasn't been done...yet. Though there is always the possibility of the postal employees and those that it wasn't intended for catching the disease...nah, best not. Also, the canary could, you know, end up not being infected by the time it gets there. :|

Got to think of something that will only effect those that insisted on the maul job. First we must figure out who that is and then we send pretty postcards with snuggly kittens and puppies on the front asking them politely to change our neopets back.
lalalei2001

Post by lalalei2001 »

Discovered a bug today. The Lab Ray changed my pet into a Pteri today. But the box still thinks it's a Nimmo.

And where in Neopia is the Search Button?
MY ACCOUNT WAS HACKED AND PET STOLEN! D:
http://neocolours.me.uk/forum/viewtopic ... 15&t=11993
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Hey!

Post by hebdenhippy »

I was reading the boards and a girl posted this link:

http://www.neopets.com/search.phtml?sel ... ebdenhippy

If you change my username for your own then you can view your pets how they used to be, just though some of you might like to see that
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Oh, yeah! I've been pretty frustrated with my inability to find the search button. But I figured I was just blind...it's been known to happen.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Stuff

Post by hebdenhippy »

I zapped my Pteri Starry but she still shows as blue, which is annoying, anyway, I sent in a bug report

The search bar is right at the bottom of the page
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

I'm going to repost my message from page 30:
Can you guys...curb the violence a little? I don't care about Whack a Staff Member, because they created that game. I don't care if you say you want to dress them up in the clothes they've created, or whatever. But I'm cringing at the jokes about shooting TNT, or dropping bombs on their office. It's sort of...hitting too close to home. They didn't choose to do this; they were following orders so they still had a job. A lot of staff apparently didn't like this, but it's not like they could reasonably refuse to do it.
It's not cute or funny to say you want to do actual harm to TNT. Threaten violence against them again and I will start deleting your posts because frankly, I am disgusted. I don't want to admin a forum in which users advocate the deaths of a group of people simply because they've had some pixels edited.
lalalei2001

Post by lalalei2001 »

This new layout in general has literally made me depressed.

I'm not quite sure why...maybe it's cause so many people dislike their pets now cause of the revamp. Maybe it's cause I can't find the Search Button.

Or maybe it's cause when new people come here this new layout will be the first thing they see. I know the old layout helped me decide to join Neopets cause it was simple, fun looking, and easy to use.

This one, I think, is rather intimidating and hard.
MY ACCOUNT WAS HACKED AND PET STOLEN! D:
http://neocolours.me.uk/forum/viewtopic ... 15&t=11993
kickmeimirish

Post by kickmeimirish »

I'm adjusting to the change as well. I thought Tuskanninies were way better before, but I still won't change Shermie, my oldest pet. Blumaroos and Shoyrus as a whole look much better. Scorchio's, Elephante's, Kau's, Jetsam's and Chomby's also look better.

Koi, Pteri, Yurble and Lutari look like crap. Royal and Grey pets are seriously disappointing. I think they need to revisit those colors. Ghosts still look way to freaking happy. I miss the expressions and the battledome poses.

I just wish the default for your pet could be WHITE, instead of black - like the old system. I'll adjust to the new art. I'm disappointed that many of the great redraws have been nerfed to hell, but some (like the Tyrannian Elephante) make me want to get one now (as I hated the redraw).

I'll adjust. Overall, while painful now. I think it will be okay in the long run. I am sad about
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Random Note: Many people have brought up the resolution poll as a sign that the majority of Neopets still uses 800x600. I would just like to point out that I answered that poll within a month of joining. Five Years Ago. I'd not put much stock in its validity as of today.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Kally

Post by Kally »

lalalei2001 wrote:Discovered a bug today. The Lab Ray changed my pet into a Pteri today. But the box still thinks it's a Nimmo.

And where in Neopia is the Search Button?
Same happened to me. My Blue Eyrie turned Tyrannian, but the image is still of Blue Eyrie. Which is alright considering the fact that at least I don't have to look at this horrible thing...
But it's not like that pet was wonderful in the first place though. :/
Oh and the search button is now at the bottom of the page.
I am just wishing I could get the casing back on my Robot Cybunny. She's so nekkid and ugly. :(

[Edit] Oh I guess I should add my general thoughts. I've taken a few days to gather my thoughts so I wouldn't be too rash about everything. I've tried to adjust to the changes, but they're not growing on me and I don't think they will. Though I do think I will be able to stand the layout with time... It's sort of like the hideous carpet in my room, I'm used to it but I still hate it and would change it without a second thought if I could!

As for the pets... I've been playing since 2000 and if I could go back to my first account with my Frogstomp, Mellish, Macy Grey, and Fuzio instead of these then I would. Granted, a selection of pets changed for the better, but they just don't feeeeel the same to me.
I don't know if I accurately convey why I feel that way though...

I guess it's like when they remake some old awesome cartoon you used to obsess over when you were a child. They take the characters and try to make them "hip" and "accurate" to the current times but end up horribly failing and the cartoon is a flop.
So, I'm just going to go sit in the corner and reminisce over my old school neopets now...
Last edited by Kally on 29 Apr 2007 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.