New neopets layout

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Symmie

Post by Symmie »

In site preferences they have new sidebar themes like, neopets yellow, neopets red, blue, green, and so on.... UGH, THEY REALLY DON'T WANT CUSTOM CSS DO THEY? Pet lookups and user pages are totally ruined.

Petpages remain the same thank god. I may just go stare at one and remember of the old times.
ImageImage
TCD

Post by TCD »

Wingsrising wrote:Is the Faerie Peophin one of the ones you can keep in the old style? If so, I will be VERY VERY pissed that I didn't already paint Dar Faerie so I got to have her in the old Faerie Peophin style. If not, I will be VERY VERY pissed on behalf of current Faerie Peophin owners.
Yes, you can keep your Fae Peo the same.

Wait...actually it looks like they'll be the new art if you paint them now. Mine is going to stay the same bcause I had her painted a long long time ago.
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

Damn, I hope that about 'justice next week' is that we can change the pet art to the older look.
EDIT= Oh, that's already implemented from the sounds of it. Silly me. =P

I... I admit, I was sent reeling when I saw this, because Neopets is my default homepage on both IE and Mozilla. So, well, I thought I'd walked into a late April Fools.

I'm mixed. In a way, I dislike how the pets have been customised, and I agree it feels cluttered. On the other side, I quite like how under the headings you get subheadings, like 'My Account' leading to 'Neomail' and 'Neofriends', and little things like that. Remembering what is under what won't take too long.

I'll see if I get used to it, having it remain my default homepage will likely help.
Last edited by Dixie on 26 Apr 2007 07:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
duenorth

Post by duenorth »

Wingsrising wrote:Is the Faerie Peophin one of the ones you can keep in the old style? If so, I will be VERY VERY pissed that I didn't already paint Dar Faerie so I got to have her in the old Faerie Peophin style. If not, I will be VERY VERY pissed on behalf of current Faerie Peophin owners.
Yup, you can chose to keep the old-style Faerie Peophin art.

I've played around with the new site a bit and it looks like my knee-jerk reaction was right-- there isn't even a link to your inventory anywhere easily accessible, the pet art for three out of four of my oldest and favorite pets is UGLY AS HELL NOW (good-bye old-style Bori art; I knew and loved you), and now all my pets look like hookers with the eyelashes.

Damn.
old world underground where are you now?
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

It's on quickref- but it's only for the weird few pets which got grandfathered. There are pets in all the most expensive paintbrushes which have been turned customisable (mara ixi, royal zaf, mara aisha, etc)
solarith

Post by solarith »

Officer 1BDI wrote: I'm having trouble finding this "Convert this Neopet" link, but it sounds like everything's not fully established yet.
Ahh. I think it's just for Neopets who were redrawn well before the whole thing. I have that button on my Royalboy Kougra, Grey Cybunny and Plushie Kougra. Though my Pirate Kougra was changed without any asking.

And my fears are confirmed if the new pets are all born with this new art. :( Half of it sucks more than it did when it was there before.

I suppose it explains why they only have been doing colorfills to placate us if the art was all going to be replaced anyways.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

No- it doesn't depend on painting date. All royalboy zafaras, for example, are forced customisable, and those are the oldest royals.
Last edited by dandelions on 26 Apr 2007 07:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Anybody know about the plushie hissi? That's my final pet goal, but I might as well give up now if they've changed the pet art.

I also want to know if I'm going to be kicking myself for a long, long time because I didn't morph and paint Paravelle when I had the chance--before all of these changes. If any pet you create and paint now is immediately customized...that sucks. That really sucks.
gidget

Post by gidget »

Well, Madge will be happy the pet chain still works. :P

I don't mind the pet lookups too much. I'm glad they finally have a place to see the personality of the pet that we chose when it was created.

The user lookups kinda suck. I'm not quite sure if I'm going to like them. Of course, it will probably look better when I take the custom lookup coding off of it.

Since I have my resolution at 600 X 800, I'm having to scroll side to side and I despise having to do that. That so far is the suckiest thing about the revamp.

*sigh*
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

For those of you who have been able to find it: where is the"Convert this Neopet!" link on Quick Ref? I want to make sure I'm just not missing it before I figure out what I'm going to repaint my poor baby....

EDIT: Nevermind (thanks, solarith). Shoot, none of my pets seem to have that option! :?
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

An atrocity against man and beast alike!

Some of the tables weren't aligned correctly to look correct with the new layout.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Caz

Post by Caz »

The pets aren't even sad anymore on the Disown page.

"You're disowning me? Yippee! :D"

I liked seeing different pet moods depending on what you did. I would like this back.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Plushie hissi appear to be old-style, though there's no guarantee that a pet you paint will be grandfathered. Irreversible customisations!
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I WANT my Royal Girl Elephante to look NORMAL again, instead of some chubby Elephante who has eaten too much sugar.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I've found a few words...

It looks like a cross between MySpace and Subeta - far too busy and cluttered to easily use. The adverts jump off the page at you and are far more integrated into the content than before. It looks like a messy kludge and I don't think I will easily get used to it.

And I ditto Jazzy's comments about the Royalboy Zaf. I am genuinely shocked by these changes now.

(Needless to say 'My Lovely Horse' has gone. Big Red Lever Time, query?)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark