Neopets On Nickelodeon

Post anything new on Neopets here.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

...now I want to go off-topic too. Mmmmph. Need Avatar fix!

Uh...back on topic...this just makes me wonder how much longer it'll be before they get around to making an actual Neopets movie.
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

bonecrivain wrote:Hmph. And this is why I said I'd never trust Neopets again after the pet art changes. It's an intriguing idea, one that I'm sure will work. They'll gain a larger population of kiddie users, and activity on the site will probably increase for a while. Except this is exactly the kind of turn I dreaded most.

Even though I've effectively quit the site (just waiting for the pound to work again so I can clean up my accounts), I admit that my curiosity will probably keep me around for a while. I like poking in occasionally to see what new things they've done, hoping that I'll eventually like some of the changes.

I imagine some of these shorts will pop up on youtube once they've aired? I definitely want to see what they're going to look like (and I don't have cable, so I can't just watch Nick for that).
...Yeah, this entire post basically sums up all my thoughts. Except I still haven't gathered the courage to pound my pets.

...Oh. Just read Illuen's post. That calms me down a bit. ^^;;
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
Lyria

Post by Lyria »

This kinda proves how little emotional investment i actually have in Neopets anymore, in the past i would have been worried, now i just don't care.

Also in my experience with nickelodeon shorts, these will be stupid little fart jokes/moral lessons fit into 1 minute with bad voice acting, it'd be stupid to expect anything more. :|
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Guys... guys, guys... this isn't the first time Neopets has made an appearance on kids' TV. I used to watch Up on the Roof before I came to college, and I'm fairly sure they were sponsored by Neopets for a while. The characters in the sponsor clips were more obviously kids acting out games with their toys, but that was frankly so boring that I'm sure animated clips will be a welcome relief. It didn't get me onto Neopets then (that came later) and I doubt it'll significantly skew the audience now.

The only bit of this that worries me is that puzzles will be more easily solvable with Nickolodeon. Does this refer to the kind of game where you get more payoff for being first? If so, that would suck. I'm Britly-timezoned as it is.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

This just reminds me the Neopets and Nickolodeon belong to the same company and that alone is reason enough for me to hate Neopets. (Blah blah blah, I have a grudge against Nick, but it's not involved in this.)

I honestly don't give a crap what they do as long as it's solely on that channel. But if their stupid ads seep over to cartoon network or any other channel I watch and I have to see them... I'm going to be incredibly pissed. I escaped these "awful daily dare and altador cup" ads last year, I'd like to continue doing so.

I doubt anyone will have to watch those shows to get answers to puzzles. Someone on the neoboards will have the answers, I'm sure.
Caz

Post by Caz »

Ick. They really are trying to make Neopets out as a site for little kiddies. Now they are even appearing on TV, not to mention having a movie made as well!

Oh, for the days when Neopets was simply a virtual pet site for bored students. *sigh* What's next? Children's books? :shock:

... Sadly, I think that's a possibility. And when it happens, I will cry.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I have the same basic thoughts as Will. Doesn't really bother me too much. I actually am sort of interested to see what they will be like.
Image Image Image
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I'm with Will too. I see no reason to freak out about this, it really isn't anything new.

Furthermore, I can't bring myself to care one bit about anything Neopets does offline. I won't ever see it.

Edit:
Caz wrote:Ick. They really are trying to make Neopets out as a site for little kiddies.
It is a kids' site - albeit one that happens to be enjoyed by adults as well - and has been for years. Once more, this isn't anything new.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

My main concern is that the cartoons are almost certainly taking time, energy, and resources away from the site. 1-minute shorts are real low on my list of what I'd like to see the artists working on at the moment.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

oogabooga wrote:It is a kids' site - albeit one that happens to be enjoyed by adults as well - and has been for years. Once more, this isn't anything new.
It was created for college students, back in the day. But I think that has changed, since we no longer have topless faeries, alcohol and was it cigarettes?

It is now much more child orientated, but I don't care since I still manage to enjoy the clothes, I just wish it were optional.

This Nickelodeon thing is no different to those cringeworthy ads that I didn't have to watch, or those Neopets Magazine Puzzles that you needed the magazine to solve.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Didn't TNT say in an editorial that it was no longer a site meant for adults? Only phrased in a slightly less alarming fashion.
Image Image
Dachusand

Post by Dachusand »

I have always wanted a neopet movie or cartoon, but because neopets is sooo complex the thought of something like that happening is alarming. It could be completely botched You would never be able to please people with something like that. Neopets is just too diverse.

I hope for the best *waves a flag*
Taryth

Post by Taryth »

Neopets Cartoon - I think I just threw up in my mouth a lttle bit
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

No!

Post by hebdenhippy »

No! Not a Neopets cartoon, why! Why do they always have to take it too far! I don't want to watch a crappy little cartoon, most likely with badly drawn, and even more badly acted characters.