Altador Cup 2007

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

The pictures of the teams have remained unchanged thus far, but you should be able to see a different if you scroll down. At least one player of every team has changed, though their text hasn't (one quite obviously referred to Chias, with a picture of a different species). The Shenkuu stuff is appearing thanks to the URLs being easy enough to work with.
:)
Subeta: Thomas
Symmie

Post by Symmie »

My whole guild (Shukumei) decided they should go for Shenkuu, so that's what I signed up for. Then I realized how bad I SUCK at this game. Are there any guides left from last year?
ImageImage
Hoofs

Post by Hoofs »

I didnt even bother to change my signature from last year... Opps anyway KIKO LAKE for the cup. LOL
Phibby

Post by Phibby »

Okay, okay, I like the new Shenkuu team, but did TNT really have to get rid of Kreludor to fit them in? Couldn't you add Lutari Island or something to even it back out? Not cool, Neo.

*sigh* Guess it's time to look through the other teams...
Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Interesting. Looking at the new rules, the tournament is going to have a totally different structure this year: it looks like every team will get to play every other team until the final matchup.

I'll have to decide if I want to go for Darigan or stick with Altador this year.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Snarkie posted on the neoboards, with some useful information RE: this years Altador Cup.
Basically, there are no "losing" rounds this year. Everyone plays in every round. So there's no need to switch. Pick your favourite team and stick with them the whole way!
Once you select a team, you cannot switch, regardless of whether or not the tournament has started.

Choose wisely.

You're welcome!

Now, JOIN VIRTUPETS OR PERISH!
Virtupets Propaganda aside (ROO ISLAND OR PERISH! They're the only Hoomoo approved team), some very useful information.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

Thanks for the avatar and signature!

I'm trying for virtupets again...yet I suck at this game, a lot.

Lost 7-0 to the "jelly world" team. Damnit. I'll keep trying. T.T
ImageImageImage
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Ohhh, man, this isn't good - I have freaking cable internet and the damn Flash game is incredibly choppy, as is all of the new Flash on the site. Seriously, what do they expect us to have? Super computers?
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Anyone have a link to the game that will make it open in a full-screen tab? Since the interface retool I've not been able to get a single game to load full-screen, no matter how large a size I select.

Not that I played many games anyway (although I've always liked a couple and played them probably three or four times a week), but I've quit entirely because of the tiny screens. Obviously that's not going to be a choice here, and I'd like to practice, as I sucked the paint off the wall last year, and would like to be able to win a few good prizes this time 'round. *eyes Yooyu*

Thanks!
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Image Image
ImageImage
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Goldenchaos wrote:http://www.neopets.com/games/play_flash ... ame_id=851

There you go, Kamil
Awesomeness, yay!

Thanks ever so. <3
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

WOOHOO!

Everyone who has joined a team on the Altador Cup recieves a background for Neopet Customization, and they look fucking adorable!

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=niva16

Here you can see the Roo Island one =D I really do love this. I just wish I could have multiple pets wear it.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I signed up for Roo Island as well (surprise, surprise). I tried a trial run of the game before I even selected a team, and it automatically cast me as RI, so I took that as a sign.

Flash is choppy for me, too, but I finally relearned the game and managed a 6-0 win against the Jelly Team. Has anyone else gotten that crazy Robot Yooyu yet? It exploded on the field before either team in my game could grab it. :P

Also, the Darigan Yooyu ball seems to (randomly?) shoot off in the opposite direction that you aim it in.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Officer 1BDI wrote:I signed up for Roo Island as well (surprise, surprise). I tried a trial run of the game before I even selected a team, and it automatically cast me as RI, so I took that as a sign.

Flash is choppy for me, too, but I finally relearned the game and managed a 6-0 win against the Jelly Team. Has anyone else gotten that crazy Robot Yooyu yet? It exploded on the field before either team in my game could grab it. :P

Also, the Darigan Yooyu ball seems to (randomly?) shoot off in the opposite direction that you aim it in.
The Clockwork Yooyu is suprisingly good to work with. It requires a whole lot of passing, by both groups, but it makes it much easier to grab it from the enemies.

the Darigan one is far too random for my tastes, although if you could figure out how often it shot the wrong way, you could potentially use it to trick the goalies.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

The Clockwork Yooyu is suprisingly good to work with. It requires a whole lot of passing, by both groups, but it makes it much easier to grab it from the enemies.
I think mine glitched. When I said neither team picked it up, I really mean that no one even touched the darn thing. It exploded two seconds into the game. Is it supposed to do that, or should it only explode if it's been held for too long?