Altador Cup 2007

Post anything new on Neopets here.
EofS

Post by EofS »

dandelions wrote:Ohh! I think I understand where the Kreludor thing came from, like the player injuries and replacements last year which reflected real-life ones:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6697159.stm
Short summary: FIFA banned playing matches at higher than a certain altitude last week, because the home teams were at too much of an advantage.
Yeah, when I saw the Kreludor explanation I thought immediately of that (and was going to reply to people doubting it here, but then didn't) - I like to think that that is indeed where they came up with the explanation.

And to whoever asked why we can't just have 17 teams - every day one team would not be playing.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

EofS wrote:And to whoever asked why we can't just have 17 teams - every day one team would not be playing.
Oh yeah, well later in my post I said they could always add Neopia Central, Geraptiku or Qasala.
Dachusand

Post by Dachusand »

All it takes is a few months in zero G to significantly reduce bone and muscle density. Not only that, but the members would probably pass out if they played in the Cup, too, because all of a sudden, the heart has to work hard again, and gravity is working on the blood flow.
I stand corrected. :oops:

I agree with Illuen that it is a cute way of explaining things however it's frustrating for everyone that rooted for Kreludor. Do the fans get to pick a new team since Kreludor is no longer in play?
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Dachusand wrote:
Do the fans get to pick a new team since Kreludor is no longer in play?
Of course they do, it would be a but wrong if they couldn't join because they supported Kreludor last year.
Dachusand

Post by Dachusand »

I didn't participate in the Altador cup last year, I knew something was going on but it didn't interest me as much as it does now. So all of this is a little new. Sorry if I make any "newbie" mistakes :oops: .

and Adi the idea of adding Geraptiku would be so cool! But since they are a "primitive" world, would they know how to play? Geraptiku is so secretive we hardly no anything about it.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Geraptiku's no more primitive than Tyrannia, and they seem to be managing :)
Signature by Tom
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Gah. Altador is getting its butt kicked. I'll have to go for Roo Island next year.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Is anyone else having this problem:

When the Fire Yooyu is thrown at my team's goal, and my goalie gets in the way, instead of said goalie catching the ball when it hits him, it bounces off the goalie and back into the opposing team's hands. :|
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

It seems to happen to me when I don't have the goalie selected. And as my reactions are pretty slow, they usually pass the ball a few times between each other before I hover over there. I'm really rubbish at goalkeeping, but have improved lately.
Subeta: Thomas
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Faerieland finally managed to scrap wins and draws, now.

=D

I reached my 300 overall wins for RI, (330 at the moment) therefore, I will go to 500 by next week!
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Iggy wrote:I reached my 300 overall wins for RI, (330 at the moment) therefore, I will go to 500 by next week!
Now that's dedication. :shock: I barely scrape 10 wins a day, possibly less.

I'm glad I'm with, not against, you.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

adi_gallia wrote:
Iggy wrote:I reached my 300 overall wins for RI, (330 at the moment) therefore, I will go to 500 by next week!
Now that's dedication. :shock: I barely scrape 10 wins a day, possibly less.

I'm glad I'm with, not against, you.
I did 90 wins vs Virtupets, 70 vs Brightvale, 75 vs Darigan and 55 vs Shenkuu.

I'm working on my 52th one vs Haunted Woods, now.

The Altador Cup is a great source of income, if you're quite good at Yooyuball. I like the game a lot, therefore, I neglect the two others...
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

..How do you get income out of it? is it the prizes at the end..?

also, has your achievements shield changed from beginner yet? I'm sure my half arsed attempts (usually 5-10 wins a day max) wont achieve much but eh, I'm actually starting to quite enjoy yooyuball..
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Aaaaaron wrote:..How do you get income out of it? is it the prizes at the end..?
Yups.

Made 1.5 million from 350 wins, last year. =)

It's worth it.
Bif

Post by Bif »

also, has your achievements shield changed from beginner yet?
I was wondering when that would happen too! I thought that I was better than a beginner with my 6-0 Yooyuball scores - but the sheild is yet to change.