Altador Cup 2007

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Altador Cup 2007

Post by Officer 1BDI »

According to Forbes, the Altador Cup officially picks up again tomorrow, June 1st, so I thought this thread was warranted....

So: who's picking which team? I think I'm going to go with Roo Island this year, as I was with them for rounds 2 and 3 last and my original first pick (Terror Mountain) was absolutely creamed by the competition.

ETA: Hehe, a link might help.
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 01 Jun 2007 04:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I wouldn't go with Roo Island, due to the fact a lot of people might join them, due to their success.

I'm going with Virtupets, this time around.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

I'll go with whatever one has the shiniest logo. Maybe Shenkuu unless the other logo shield things changed.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Most Likely Darigan or Haunted Woods again, but to tell you the truth I wasn't very active in it last year, I didn't play the game at all, I just kind of watched.
Image Image
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Iggy wrote:I wouldn't go with Roo Island, due to the fact a lot of people might join them, due to their success.
True, but Darigan was hugely popular from the get-go, and they did all right. ;) I think their biggest downfall was that everyone was so sick of getting slammed by them that all of thier previous competition (myself included) came together under HW to beat them down. I admit that I'm concerned for the Haunted Woods team for that very reason, though.

I guess what I mean is: it's a concern, but RI was one of the few teams that actually appealed to me (I vaguely recall it consisting of some of the nicer users last year, back when every team was waging war against the others), and in the end, I'm not really after winning 4 straight rounds.

It looks like TNT's rearranging team members and changing background stories in preparation for tomorrow (if you look on certain teams' pages, they have new players pictured, even if their descriptions aren't loaded yet), and since I'm a sucker for backstory, I may decide not to go with RI after all, depending on what ends up altered. >_>
Symmie

Post by Symmie »

I might go with Krawk Island or Darigan (again.)

I don't remember, but didn't we actually get to play the game and earn points? I just sat around last time and wondered what was going on.
ImageImage
Phibby

Post by Phibby »

I'll probably stick with Kreludor. I'm proud of how we did last year even if we were out the first round; I think we were the only ones that really held our own against HW, or at least the only team that didn't get either routed or an easy win that first round.

I'm just excited to play the game/get into the Cup feeling again more than anything. This is why I wish the World Cup was every year - I love the feeling of international competitions! I'm a sucker for Eurovision (God I wish we got it over here) and the Olympics.
Image Image
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Wh00t! Does this mean I get to pull out my Roo Island set again? My love of Blumaroos knows no boundaries, even if the kiddies jump on board our team. *waves his RI banner proudly*
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

ughh i don't know which team to join....i'm leaning towards Mystery Island..which was my first choice last cup...but i want to see them win! or i might join shenkuu if they are able to have a team this time around...hmm i'll wait and see..
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Man, that awesome Lenny isn't on RI this year; she's been changed out for a maraquan Eyrie. *pout* She was one of my very favorites; so uniquely drawn.

Aw well, the rest of the team is intact (and there appear to be very few teams that didn't lose a member) and the outfits are still the same ones I loved.

Tyrannia looks very neat though, and so does Darigan.

I really don't care who wins, at all, but it would be nice to land on the winning team. *shines crystal ball*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

...well, I'll be coming back temporarily to help Darigan, because the most evil team needs to win. AGAIN.

...that is, if they change the damn Flash so that it works for the keyboard. Using the mouse SUCKED.
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Well, this is news to me (I don't know how many people were already aware), but Shenkuu has their own team!

Image courtesy of JellyNeo. I like the Lutari and the Gnorbu, but the other players don't look very... impressive.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I like the mynci, of course, and the grundo is also okay. What's up with the koi though? Why the hell does it have legs? I mean, the fat koi from Maraqua didn't have legs, so why does this one have them? Idjits. Their outfits are quite nice though.

Oh, and I obviously won't be playing 500 games like last time, unless one of you begs pathetically enough for the prize. Otherwise, the absolute most I'll do play a game in each of rounds for Mystery Island.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I wonder if the old team will still have the old team members and artwork.

I'll have a hard time picking if so. None of the teams stood out for me back then. This one is rather pretty, though (well, at least two of the team members).

MAYBE I'll play, but since this month will be busy busy BUSY for me, I somehow doubt it even if I get my own computer online in the next few days.
solarith

Post by solarith »

I'm actually looking forward to this - hopefully it'll be as well done as last year, even though the game itself was kinda boring to play after a while.

I'm pondering what team to represent, though I might go with Roo Island, like I did last year.

Though Shenkuu's outfits are lovely and I do love most of the characters (except the Koi - I don't understand why it has legs, either!)

Did anyone notice they changed out the wonderful Spotted Tuskaninny from the Terror Mountain team for a BUZZ? That makes no sense at all - why would an insect play for a cold-weather type team?

Though it makes about as much sense as the Maraquan Eyrie suddenly playing for Roo Island, though I'm wondering if it was a transfer from the Maraquan Team (they had a Maraquan Eyrie last year.)