Altador Cup 2007

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Symmie

Post by Symmie »

"According to this, you have 22 points available to spend."

Hahaha, wow. I definitely worked hard this year! I'm glad I don't have any goals because that Darigan PB prize would really be making me an aaaangryyyy Symmie.
ImageImage
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Wow, the prizes . . . suck. o_0 Oh well, my trophy is pretty, and I got an avatar and a sidebar out of the deal. I can't see anything I want to spend my 3872 points on, so I suppose I'll save them for another day.

If the clockwork Yooyu was a petpet I'd be thrilled, but since it's a toy, not so much. The darigan one is listed as altadorian magic, so I suppose it's not a petpet either.

Dammits. The one thing I wanted from this was a Yooyu. Apparently that won't be happening anytime soon. x.x

*goes to see how much the jersey is selling for, but expects it to be cheap, since almost everyone should be able to get one or fifty*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I bought the hat and sold it for 2.8M

That's going to get me closer to my Kadoatie.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

2700 points here. I stopped bothering with playing the boring thing after it was apparent that Terror Mountain was going down at breakneck speed.

I'm curious whether Angry Techo Fist will turn out to be a decent weapon or just another crappy 6-8 iconer. Not a fan of the art of any of the prizes - lazy looking stuff (except for Darigan Yooyu - but that image has been around for a while).
Last edited by zebru on 19 Sep 2007 04:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I.. i thought I'd be able to get a regular yooyu this year...

;___;

*Cries*

At least the trophy is really pretty.

Oh, and its not like I had enough points for one anyway e_e
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Wait, avatar, and sidebar? ..or where they the sidebar and avatar from last year?

Im sitting on my points, there isnt anything I want.
Image Image
ImageImage
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I had like 412. I gave up pretty early on.
I don't like how most of the prizes (at least the lesser ones) are just repeats of last year though. I already had all of those items, I don't need bunches more.

And wow Iggy, 2.8 mill for a hat. Nice profit you got there!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Wind

Post by Wind »

I got an ugly medal and 1,944 points. It looks like they did that thing again where if you happened to join one of the top teams you get a higher trophy no matter how much you played. I hate that.

Goldenchaos, from what I've read on the boards the sidebar and av are the same ones.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

The Jersey is 15-20k ..I want one, don't want to spend my points, so, gonna wait!
Image Image
ImageImage
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

Not bad, considering I hardly played this time around. I suppose it makes up for last year; my friend got a better trophy than I did for being on Darigan for all four rounds compared to my three, even though I played for hours each day and she played three times.

I'm not particularly interested in any of the prizes, so it's just as well. I'm surprised that the Yooyu prices haven't changed much in a year. :o

Does anyone know if we can still redeem our points from last year?
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

2,376 points and a silver Roo Island trophy. I'm satisfied.

The prizes do suck, and even if I did have enough for a Darigan PB, I wouldn't buy it. None of the redraws of that color came through unscathed, IMO.

Like my Lost Isle points, I think I'll leave these unspent for now until I can figure out what I want to waste them on.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I think you can, Sayle. ..no reason why you shouldnt. I know there was a url to the prize shop, though I think its the same as the AC II ones. :O Blah, someone should send that as an editorial question. As Im sure I had like a couple points left over.
Image Image
ImageImage
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Wind wrote:Image

I got an ugly medal and 1,944 points. It looks like they did that thing again where if you happened to join one of the top teams you get a higher trophy no matter how much you played. I hate that.
Personally, I don't xD It's part of the problem you face when you pick your team. I'm glad that even though you could switch to one of the 4 winning teams at the end, you didn't get a trophy for joining their team.

I actually have a lot of respect for people who picked a team because they LIKED them, and wanted to stick with them from beginning to end, rather than lots of people latching onto one team because they thought it'd win and that's all they wanted. I picked Shenkuu cause I... like Shenkuu. I never expected them to do this well, haha.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I got 150 points. You can see I tried real hard.

The only thing vaguely interesting is the jersey and those are cheap. (Although when I went to buy one I discovered I couldn't because I had 314 items in my inventory. Oops.)
Kari

Post by Kari »

Um...yay medal and 1268 points. I'm kinda wondering why they made a Darigan PB a prize because they have a stable price from the Hidden Tower.

I bought a jersey because nothing else is interesting and I don't own any other wearable items.
derp