Neopets Mall Beta

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

oogabooga wrote:
Items are marked "no trade" - it's possible that will change after beta, but I don't really expect it to. All the items in the mall also have an expiration of 5 days, which seems really short - I hope that part is just beta. Maplestory is usually a month or so, isn't it?

No indication yet of how much Neocash will cost in real money, that I can see. If I click on "Get Neocash" I just get a popup saying "Coming Soon".

Umm... uhoh... I think I might of broken it. When the items first came out, they were not No Trade. There are two Neopians right now who didn't get selected for Beta with pairs of Altador Sandals, although I won't name names =D

Edit: Any items that I buy, I'll SS on my pets (I only have customisable Blumaroos on my main, sorry D=) so you can see what the items look like all big and nicelike.

Princess Niva takes the stage to start the Open Ceremony of the Altador Cup =D

Donalbain is showing off the Altadorian Sandals. Note that they are actually animated, with flappy wings that need to be slowed down D=
Last edited by Illuen on 08 Jun 2007 05:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Ahahah. *is highly amused* I saw someone on the chatboard saying they had items in their shop, too.
Signature by Tom
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

More Updates:

Trinkets such as the Faerie Dolls can be equipped to Neopets who, for whatever reason, cannot wear clothing (grandfathered pets and redraw pets)

The Faerie dolls float like you'd expect Faeries to. They flap their wings, and bob up and down like they're actually working to keep up in the air.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Can mutant/baby neopets wear any of the clothes or accessories? The faerie dolls are nice, but actual clothes would be great.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Officer 1BDI wrote:Can mutant/baby neopets wear any of the clothes or accessories? The faerie dolls are nice, but actual clothes would be great.
So far, My mutants were not able to wear any of the clothing I had bought D=. That is just the Meepit Hat (picture coming soon!) The Dress and the Sandals though, so it may be something they impliment in the future.

Edit: Next up is the Meepit Hat =D

Aww... cute!

Wait, what was that?

Meepit hats are animated, with the eyes blinking and then looking around all sneaky like. Very cute =D
Dachusand

Post by Dachusand »

:shock:

wow.

Good thing I have job, bad I don't have paypal...

Are they expecting this to replace or lower the prices of paintbrushes? Illuen are they planning on having a lot of clothing for greater diversity? Will each area of neopia get a themed shop?

Sorry about all the questions but I am so pyched right now! :D
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Dachusand wrote::shock:

wow.

Good thing I have job, bad I don't have paypal...

Are they expecting this to replace or lower the prices of paintbrushes? Illuen are they planning on having a lot of clothing for greater diversity? Will each area of neopia get a themed shop?

Sorry about all the questions but I am so pyched right now! :D
I have absolutely no idea. I'm not TNT, I'm just a lucky Beta tester. I have no idea what they want from this, or if they expect it to lower Paintbrush prices or what. I wish I could be more helpful, but I'm not psychic, unfortunately.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Dachusand, none of those questions are answered, sorry.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Slight error with accessories and grandfathered pets :)

I'm getting other things to work, but the wings of flame still won't. I even bought another one in case that one item was somehow broken. *shrug*

The tiara and ruby slippers sparkle, a little blindingly. I somewhat dread seeing some future pet dressed up in zillions of animated items. The slorg is very cute, though, zooms back and forth happily.
Signature by Tom
Wind

Post by Wind »

wtf @ an expiration date? If I'm paying real money I want to be able to keep my stuff forever. D:
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Actually, if you read the FAQ, the real expiration dates will be 365 days.
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

I apparently wasn't picked. Damn. *looks at pretty pictures*
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Ooh, pet images are active again on userlookups, so if you want to see any of the clothes I mentioned animated, just check =P

http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=cloud96688
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Ooh, pretty.

And way, WAY too fast. I see what you meant about the sandals.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

So, do you guys think that this is the grand surprise they promised the day of introducing customization?

If so, I think I might finally sell my krawk trans. I was still hoping maybe they would let us get old pets back, but I suppose a Maraquan krawk will be forever out of my reach. I might have to get a pretty draik instead.