Neopets Mall Beta

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Neopets Mall Beta

Post by Wingsrising »

NC Mall — Beta Test Sign-Ups

Thanks for stopping by to help out with testing the NC Mall.

Once the NC Mall is up and running, it'll be the place to go for expanding your customization experience with exclusive wearables, backgrounds, and... well, we don't want to give everything away. ;) Before its release, we need some kind Neopians to jump in and help us test everything! If you're interested in becoming a beta tester, please make sure you match the criteria below.

Who can participate:
Must have a Neopets account (duh!)
Open to US members only (just for now!)
Must never have been enslaved by Dr. Sloth's mind control ray (sorry, we can't take any chances)

Slots are limited, so those who are chosen to help us test will receive a Neomail in the coming weeks with more details, including beta start dates, what you'll be testing, and information on how to send us your feedback.

If you'd like to help, click the button below... and thanks!

- The Neopets Team

Lawyerbot says: Those who participate in the NC Mall Beta Test must obey the rules applicable to the beta test as well as the NC Mall Shopping Rules
Hmm.

My first thought was that this is going to involve buying things for real money, although I notice having a credit card isn't listed as one of the requirements.

Still, I have to say I'm suspicious. The "Exclusive" bit seems to suggest you have to do *something* to get to use whatever this feature is and I can't imagine what that would involve *except* real money.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I wonder will you be able to UN-customize pets for beta whatever. Like have the 'revert all my pets to be non-customizable' thingy back. I'm a little curious myself, but I'd rather not shell out money for it.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

I signed up for it, and I'm sure it will be interesting, be it good or bad. I'm not going to make any guesses or pass judgment until/if I get picked for beta, and am able to test drive it myself.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I can't get the link or the url it sends you to to work, I just keep getting redirected back to the Neo main page.

Edit: So it let my side account sign up easily, but I still can't get the page to load on my main account 0_o No idea what is up with that.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I signed up for it as well. If they ask for a credit card or anything similar, I'll just not give it to them; they can kick me out of beta if necessary.

To me, it sounded like this is an opportunity for users to test the new shop feature that will allow users to try on clothes before they buy them, but I agree that the whole "mall" description is still confusing.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Am I the only one who's going to be confused if they keep calling it the "NC Mall"? Yeah? Okay then. ;P
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I am thoroughly confused, yes. Wake me when something happens.
kerg

Post by kerg »

AngharadTy wrote:Am I the only one who's going to be confused if they keep calling it the "NC Mall"? Yeah? Okay then. ;P
Nope, I think I will be too. I wonder what the C is for? I signed up for this, I'm curious to see what it is.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

...haha. I read your post twice, Ty, and couldn't really understand what you were saying. I kept thinking, "Neocolours Mall...hmm. Neocolours Mall...hmm. I wonder why that would confuse her?"
varii

Post by varii »

kerg wrote:
AngharadTy wrote:Am I the only one who's going to be confused if they keep calling it the "NC Mall"? Yeah? Okay then. ;P
Nope, I think I will be too. I wonder what the C is for? I signed up for this, I'm curious to see what it is.
NeoCustomization? Although that would be a stupid name for a mall.

Anyways, when I read their pitch (however vague it may be) I imagine something like Fashion Fever. Which is kinda scary. I can't imagine anyway that something like this wouldn't turn out to be very lame.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Being nosy, I signed up :) I'm also confused by the NC. I think the C probably is for customization, but we'll see.

I wonder what else there could be besides wearables and backgrounds. Markings? More subtle changes? Taking those awful eyelashes off?
Wind

Post by Wind »

I think the NC stands for Neocash. It's in the drop-down menu next to "Source" in the closet thing.

And I bet that it is going to be a place to buy clothes for real money.

Maybe the beta-testers don't need a credit card because they will get stuff for free? At least while they're beta-testing it, maybe...
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

Aww, I can't sign up for this. D= You... lucky USA people, you...
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

FourEyes wrote:Aww, I can't sign up for this. D= You... lucky USA people, you...
Psst...change your country on your edit lookup page. xD
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

...Oh. DUH.

<.<;; I can be dumb sometimes.
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*