New Garfir?

Post anything new on Neopets here.
adi_gallia

New Garfir?

Post by adi_gallia »

A new Altadorian petpet, not sure what I think of it, I think it looks a bit clownish. :shock:
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Holycrapit'samanticore.

It also looks delightfully evil. Win.
Dachusand

Post by Dachusand »

I. Love. It.

It's a little lion with a scorpion tail, based of greek mythology! I lurve it! The color choice does look rather clownish but I'll live with it. The design is awesome.

I want it. It probably waaay expensive and rare though... :(
Symmie

Post by Symmie »

I can't get one because none of my pets match with it. Crap.

It's very flat, but it does have a ton of details to be in such a tiny square. I like its TEEFS. Lion, scorpion, clown?!
ImageImage
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Why did they take a perfectly wonderful manticore petpet (!!) and ruin it completely by giving it a demented clown face (that btw is grinning with The Joker's own grin)?

Mind, I have nothing against demented clowns, one of my favorite backgrounds for HAs is the sneaky, bloody, knife-wielding clown and his bestest friend the shadow demon, but I don't want one here!

*walks off muttering sadly about the beet-red clown nose*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Bleagh. Good idea, not-so-good execution. That face looks manic, and not in a good way. The shading looks kind of sloppy, too; at first glance, I thought it was an unfinished petpet.
Dachusand

Post by Dachusand »

Officer 1BDI wrote:Bleagh. Good idea, not-so-good execution. That face looks manic, and not in a good way.
The line-art is still very pretty it could be done right with a color tweaking. The face wouldn't look so manic if the nose was black or any other "natural" nose color. The other thing is the green eyes, with that yellow face and red nose you have the three cardinal colors of clowns. And maybe is the mouth was closed instead. Give the the petpet and serious look and it would be alright.

Treated GarfifImageNonTreated GarfirImage

Is that any better?
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

It looks like a clockwork toy. I like.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Yes, that is better. Did it have a black or brown nose, it would be wonderful.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I want to see what they do with recolors..surely it wont have the red nose. ..better yet, redraws.
Image Image
ImageImage
Mariko

Post by Mariko »

The design is awesome, though I do admit it did remind me of a clown, complete with a red nose. I might end up buying one simply because it reminds me of a demonic clown.
Dollfie
Human Avatar: 227963

Post by Dollfie »

Yes... it is tons better. I would like the edited one with it's less blinding color combinations please. Too bad for me. The yellow parts look really flat.
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

this is one of those petpets that i really like the idea a lot but not so much how they drew it...

but im willing to bet if i get one now TNT will create a few redraw colors for it and those will absolutely PWN!! ...i would actually even like seeing it in a few basic colors as well...like green or red

*keeps an eye on creepy clown lion thingie*
Elfwoman99

Post by Elfwoman99 »

I think part of the clown look is also the white part of the face.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Nope

Post by hebdenhippy »

I don't like it honestly, it doesn't really look like anything to me except a clown/lion wanabe