Shenkuu River Rush

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Goldenchaos

Shenkuu River Rush

Post by Goldenchaos »

Quiet possibly the BEST Neopets game EVER

http://www.neopets.com/games/play.phtml?game_id=877

I managed first, before I was bumped down to fourth. :) Be sure to read the instructions before starting. as doing tricks earns you points.

Firefox Users:

http://player.virtools.com/downloads/player/install.asp

Direct install, which it wants you to do.
Last edited by Goldenchaos on 19 Jul 2007 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
ImageImage
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Quite Possibly? It IS! And whats weird is the game is neither flash nor shockwave. 3D is the way of the future in my opinion!
Himmelsdemon

Post by Himmelsdemon »

May I ask what browsers you use? It won't let me to install the plugin nor in Firefox 2.0.0.4 nor in Seamonkey 1.1.1.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Yay, I can't play this game!

I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.12, and when I go to "install missing plugin," it doesn't give me anything to install. I've had this problem with other sites (CNN doesn't like me watching their videos, for instance), but I can't imagine what the heck I'm missing. :?
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Im using Avant Browser. http://www.avantbrowser.com/
Image Image
ImageImage
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Well..it took me 5 minutes to download the 3D thing. Then a good 15 minutes to load up the game, making my computer lag horribly in the process. Then when the game started it was going really fast, but my computer kept reminding me it wanted to be slow, making the game choppy. So I ended up with 4 points, yes 4. Then I tried to send the score and it didn't get through.

I'll try it again in the morning when my PC feels like behaving.

ETA: Officer, I am using the same version of FF as you, click the Manual set up thing. It should take you to a website to download it, with instructions.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I'm using Firefox version 1.8.1.4 I think, and it works fine. I had to install the plugin manually though.

Great googly moogly! It's SSX Tricky! Jeebus. Why didn't they release this before the clothing system? Why?! Had they given you more characters to choose from, or the ability to create your own, and then challenge other people, I'd probably have stuck around just to play. Being able to dress up your Neopet or yourself with virtual 3d clothes would have been so much cooler and eventually less time consuming than drawing everything by hand. Stupidheads.
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Goog Lord, this isn't worth the grief this plug in is giving me. I've never seen something take this long to load on my computer.

(Thank you for your help, though, Adi.)
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Officer 1BDI wrote:Goog Lord, this isn't worth the grief this plug in is giving me. I've never seen something take this long to load on my computer.

(Thank you for your help, though, Adi.)
So it isn't just my computer. The thing took ages to load and when it did the gameplay was affected.

I think I would like this game though, it's pretty awesome in theory, but I kept crashing because of my lag.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Oh holy hell, that is fun! I suck, mind, but it's still fun. :P
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Symmie

Post by Symmie »

I can't believe this is from Neopets. I said "HOLY CRAP" through the entire game even though I could only score 8 points.

Best thing evars.
ImageImage
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

adi_gallia wrote:I think I would like this game though, it's pretty awesome in theory, but I kept crashing because of my lag.
Well, mine hasn't crashed yet, but I was stuck on the splash page until I told the window to refresh. Now I'm stuck on the word "Initializing." >_<
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I can't seem to do any tricks though. I can steer just fine and jump, but not do anything else.
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Game finally loaded.

Kick. Ass. I got through all of the levels and ended up with 80 points total, but like Huggles, I seemed unable to do any tricks (I accidentally triggered a few flips, but I have no idea how, as I didn't think I was pressing the right key combinations). The gameplay was surprisingly smooth for me, given all the trouble I had getting the darn thing to load.

ETA: ...Ohhhhh! You have to hold SHIFT while you're doing tricks. :oops:
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Oooh. That would explain it. Thanks.