Shenkuu River Rush

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Symmie

Post by Symmie »

I made a 60 this time. Getting better! I can only do tricks when I jump off a waterfall or something though. Otherwise I would crash into something.

High Scores
dorkchop: 800

How did she DO that?
ImageImage
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Doing tricks. I scored 200 on just tricks alone
Image Image
ImageImage
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Wow, I hate it. I managed to do some tricks, but I find the controls too loose and I just smash into everything.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

It reminds me of how long its been since I've played SSX, which happens to be my most favorite game of all time. Yes, it's true. The one and only game in which I do not entirely suck. The characters aren't nearly as cool though. Lupe girl is fugly even for an anthro lupe.
ICKessler

Post by ICKessler »

Whoa, I really suck at arcade games and I managed to actually finish the game with the grarrl (who is pretty cool looking too, IMO).

I found the gameplay to be smooth and pretty intuitive. It helps that you almost always want to hit anything hovering in the air, and that it doesn't matter if you go through grass or bamboo, which I needlessly avoided my first run through.

I got stuck behind a couple logs. It took me a minute of hitting keys before I realized that I could just stand on the UP key and simply power around it, and in one case, OVER the log.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

He's not a grarrl. He's a techo...

And this is very pretty.
ICKessler

Post by ICKessler »

Okay, he's a big burly samoan techo, though.

Having read the article on the next rtread down... it sounds to me like they are planning on taking the programmming and design talent, and moving them on to other projects.

And if this new river surfing game is any indication, I forsee they will continue to develop more and more 3-D games as tests of their programming and popularity until they can bring out a subscription-based MMORPG, like unlike Gaia or Puzzle Pirates.

In fact, I bet they will abandon the current version of pet-apparel within the next year or two, because it is too labor-intensive to bring out new stuff for it.

I'm not trying to get off topic, just saying that I bet the new game will be the direction that neopets will be headed now. It makes the old zork-type game with the pretty 3-D into that takes 5 minutes to load seem all the more ironic and (IMSO) hilarious.
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

Well with my final score of 219, I remember why I gave up cool borders. That said, it's nicely done and one of the best things TNT has come up with for a while
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I blow at this game. It's well-done, though.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

It doesn't work on my computer. >> It goes to the Initializing screen and freezes up.

That's probably more due to my computer being a cheaply made six-year-old piece of crap with probably over 9000 viruses on it than the game itself, though.
Bif

Post by Bif »

I LOVE this game - I'm addicted.

But has anyone figured out what to do with the Gnorbu character that is in certain places on some levels?
Darkarrows

Post by Darkarrows »

The help feature mentions something about stores... Is that what those old-looking gnorbus are about? And has anyone been able to get the treasures?
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I think it's the old gnorbu from the um...lunar temple thing? I kept trying to knock him over, but missed.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I did manage to go right through him and nothing happened that I noticed; he's as transparent as the reeds are apparently.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.