Desert Petpets

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Jamie

Desert Petpets

Post by Jamie »

New petpet colour - Desert! Announced in todays news. I quite like the brush itself, however, the first four Desert Petpets are nothing special.

ImageImageImageImage
Spyder | Harris | Snorkle | Babaa
Nectaris

Re: Desert Petpets

Post by Nectaris »

I personaly disagree. I really like the desert spyder, the dark color with the gold and blue is quite pretty to me, and an unusual desert petpet. The babaa is also really nice. The others are rather bland, I agree, but that's partially as I really dislike those two petpets.
Image Image Image Image Image
varii

Post by varii »

The spyder is decent, but I always have a soft spot for them. I wouldn't spend money on the other three. In fact I wouldn't keep the other three if I was given them, they all seem rather poorly done.
rei @ neopets
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I agree with varii. The spyder is nice and the color combination hasn't been used before. The harris looks nearly unchanged, even to my expert eyes, and the other two just look dirty.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

I REALLY like that Spyder. Especially the shade of blue used for the eyes, but then again, I tend to like Spyders in general...
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Blah blah, like the spyder, blah blah, the rest - not so much, blah blah, the brush is nifty, blah blah, done now.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Heh, I agree with pretty much all of this - I think the Spyder is really quite nice, and the brush is really pretty! The rest of the pets, I don't really care about, haha.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Yep, I'm with everyone else. I like the Spyder, the others not so much.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I really like the Spyder, and the Babaa is quite nice too, but the others I'm not so keen. But hey, it's a new colour, that's always good news!
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

I like the idea of this colour. But I hope it doesn't result in too many petpets wearing clothes. Those images could get crowded and too busy. Besides, petpets in clothes sometimes remind me of people who dress their dogs up in fru fru ballerina outfits. Simple jewellery like on the Spyder and Babaa are fine with me, though.
If you're ever in doubt, throw a pepper in the air. If it fails to come down, you have gone mad, so don't trust in anything.
- Gregory Maguire, "Mirror, Mirror"
-----------------------------
On Neopets: yvonne_l_d
On Subeta: myshadowandme
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

I thought I was weird for liking the spyder the best out of these, but I guess I'm not alone. :D

The spyder is adorable; I like its unique colour scheme. I like the babaa's accessories, but not its colours... blech. It looks like it rolled around in the dust to me. The brush itself is really pretty! I want. -grabby hands-
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

you can obviously tell that the snorkle, babaa, and harris images have been sitting on desktops for years based on how out-dated the art is...not to mention the idea of a lost desert pppb..but besides that...im wouldnt expect anything better from any of those petpets...the spyder on the other hand does look very nice..but i have no urge to go buy it just for its looks..

what i am glad about is that with a new pppb..comes more petpets that can be painted with it..and im waiting to see which new style petpets get this awesome pppb as one of their colors :)
..Celery..

Post by ..Celery.. »

WOAH! Huggles, you got a point there >.> I happen to like the spyder, As you guys said, I've never saw that kind of combonation of colors before, good thing it turned out well :3
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Please don't bump old topics.