Ultimate Bullseye II

Post anything new on Neopets here.
adi_gallia

Ultimate Bullseye II

Post by adi_gallia »

Ultimate Bullseye II is out. I found the link on Jellyneo and the game is playable, meaning it's likely that it will be announced in the News. Sadly, Jellyneo also found a Game Graveyard image for the old Ultimate Bullseye, meaning one of my favourite games, to earn NP from, will be going.

Now, the new version, oh my goodness. I have never sucked at a game so royally since Zurroball. I played this a couple of times and managed 1 point once, which equates to 10 NP at the moment. I really hope someone is good at this and manages to write a guide because I am utterly annoyed and confused at this version.

I don't exactly play games now as I don't feel like trying on Neopets any more, but if I had a half-assed attempt at rebuilding my account Ultimate Bullseye would have been one of the few games I would play as I enjoyed it.

This new game may as well not exist as it is that bad now. All it needed was a spruce up in the graphics department, this change is rather unwelcome to me.

edit: Ok, I just played again and got 31, mostly because I got 25 points for hitting a balloon.
Nectaris

Re: Ultimate Bullseye II

Post by Nectaris »

Yeah it is very hard. It may be slightly better once I get used to it. So far my best has been 10.
Image Image Image Image Image
Kari

Post by Kari »

Oh wow, the angle on this is horrible! You can't see where you're aiming at all.

At least the catapult code still works :x
derp
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I decided I hated this game on the first go (with my amazing score of 0). I tried again and figured out the easy way to play. Don't actually aim the catapult, just hit the power button. It'll miss some but I've managed to hit the majority of shots, even if my scores are low (10, 23, 30). It's a pretty crap way of playing a game, sure, but I guess three scores of 30 will net 900NP...so er, yay? Not as good as the old Bullseye but I doubt I'll bother investing much time in this one.

Oh, and the stupid Buzzer animation after each shot makes me want to hurt something. Hard.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

Argh WTF. First they drop the payout rate on Shenkuu Warrior, now they're ditching Ultimate Bullseye. There go my favorite sources of income ... what's next?

Edit: ARGH ZURROBALL NOOOOOO
Last edited by Cyaneus on 28 Oct 2007 06:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

...Well, fuck.

My highest score on UB I was 166. My highest score so far in UB II is 7. With the catapult cheat. :|
Alecko wrote:Oh, and the stupid Buzzer animation after each shot makes me want to hurt something. Hard.
If you tap the right arrow key between target loadings, the bee animation stops.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I hate this game.
Danish

Post by Danish »

It is a lot harder, but that's probably because I'm new at it. I was terrible at the original when I first started. I've managed to get up to 40 so far.
EofS

Post by EofS »

I'm horrendous, but then I've always been horrendous at Ultimate Bullseye (getting 50 for AAA was like pulling teeth) so this isn't really anything new.

However, I don't quite understand what has been so fundamentally changed. Yes, now we're firing in '3D' so the aiming isn't the same as it used to be, but won't it just take learning the new system? I mean, the gameplay is otherwise virtually identical. Before you had to learn "well that height and that distance, I need an angle of bla and power of phee" and it's the same now, it's just different angles and distances.

That said, the stupid buzzer animation is annoying. There should be a way to turn it off completely.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

the highest score I've gotten is 56, and that's because I hit a balloon for 28 points.

It seems like every time they redo a game, I suck at the new one even more than the original. Ugh.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
MileenaHuggles

Post by MileenaHuggles »

It's been a while since I played Ultimate Bullseye, true, but I don't it'd have been so long that I cannot even hit the target once. I routinely managed over a 100 points for however many years was around, and I averaged 176 for the short while I played the world challenges. This is bloody ridiculous. It may partially be this machine, but the game doesn't seem to have the hard lock like the old ones all did. It's like the mysterious magic apple on punchbag Bob's head that you'd miss even though it landed dead on, but for the entire game. E, you'd think so, but I didn't do well at every variation of Bullseye. The first and previous versions I was good at, but I was awful at the ones in between. It doesn't take much to screw me up.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

For people who wondered, you can get the avatar with 100 points.