New AAA Challenge

Post anything new on Neopets here.
daisybell

Re: New AAA Challenge

Post by daisybell »

Ohhh, are you American folks having to play sponsor games again? I wondered why you were talking about a sponsor game... Which challenge is it instead of, and do you get a different prize?
Neopets wishlists: here
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

Finally managed to beat Tyrannian Mini Golf by resetting until I got a hole-in-one first shot. I'm up to 14/15 now- my high score in Jelly Blobs of Doom is 61 so I'm not that eager to try to get 400. Then again, I was expecting Sophie's Stew to be a pain (again, high score was 60-something) but I got that easily enough once I got the hang of it.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Teragram wrote:Um, are you eating the fish? For a while I thought I was supposed to avoid the fish, but I think eating them gives you points, as well as sometimes eating one makes you faster, so that might help. And the scenery is totally confusing, some of it is bad and some of it isn't, so yeah.
I made that mistake the first time I played through. However, I'm finding that most of the time I can't even get to the fish without running into something, which seems to detract from my total points. >_<

I guess I'll just have to keep at it, then. Thanks for the confirmation that I'm not the only one being driven insane by this game. :P
Which challenge is it instead of, and do you get a different prize?
I have no idea what the prize is, but we're supposed to be playing this game called "The Water Horse" (our point cutoff for completing the challenge is 150) I've never even heard of the movie it's based off of (though it kind of looks like it's about the Loch Ness monster, if the visuals are any indication).
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

A tip for the Water Horse game I saw on the neoboards was to turn down the quality settings- I tried to play the game when it was announced in the news and failed the first level because I was too slow. I tried again just now with the quality right down at "low" and it made a big difference, it was possible to get past the first level with time to spare.
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Lowering the quality made all the difference. Thanks for the tip, Daisy. :)
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Our prize was a black meowclops backpack. At least mine was (for the sponsor game).
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Flip Those Blocks!
You'll need to use some good kalahnto ("judgment") to score 800 in Goparokko.

Also:

* Score 300 in Petpetsitter
* Score 50 in Petpet Cannonball
* Score 80 in Feed Florg
* Score 50 in Snowbeast Snackrifice

I had a really hard time getting more than 50 in the snowbeast one. I had to turn off the game sounds and listen to my own music (Paramore, heh) so it didn't make me nervous (game music does, for some reason), and it still took me a lot of tries before I ended up with my grand score of 51. ;)
Madge

Post by Madge »

For snackrifice, the thing I find works best is to make sure you punch the petpets really hard, and when they're towards the centre of the screen. As long as you punch them very hard, and don't pay too much attention to aim, because the cave's so big you should get a few in. Completely ignore the PPL guy in the second level, he will just get hit by one of your petpets and let the next ones go through.

Ignore the PPL, and whack the petpets real hard without bothing to aim. Keep in the centre of the screen.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I um.... totally missed this thread. Totally. So needless to say, I'm days behind on this xD Is it possible to do the older challenges? I don't have time to try right now, work. (on Black Friday! YAY)
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Jessibean wrote:I um.... totally missed this thread. Totally. So needless to say, I'm days behind on this xD Is it possible to do the older challenges? I don't have time to try right now, work. (on Black Friday! YAY)
Yes, it is possible to do the older challenges.

I can't remember if I'm good at Petpetsitter. I hope I can get 300 points.

Edit: Ok I managed Petpetsitter fairly easy. But damn, I'll never get 50 on the Snowbeast thing, even with Madge's tips.
Fury

Post by Fury »

SCREW SNOWBEAST SACRIFICE

GAWD

My highest score so far is 28. >8(

EDIT: Haha, miraculously, I've just figured out how to aim much better. Instead of waiting until the petpet is in front of your fist, wait until it is in between BOTH of your fists, then punch it. Also, don't worry about hitting them full power, just make sure the meter is in the red. I just got 53 points!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I got the ones today alright. The snowbeast game wasn't very fun, but it was alright.
I still can't beat Jelly Blobs of Doom though. I'll get to around 290 points and then die. Why do we only have one life in that game X_X

Edit: 372. GRR! I don't even play Neo anymore. Why am I torturing myself by doing this. *Head desk*

Edit 2: 409! Whoot! I never have to play it again!
Last edited by Seerow on 23 Nov 2007 05:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Good GAWD do I hate this game!!

*throttles TNT for making the cutoff 50 points when she can't even breach 25 most of the time*

ETA: Ahahaha; public bitching for the win. I just got 58 points. :oops:
EofS

Post by EofS »

Like everyone else I have only one word for Snowbeast Snackrifice: Hate

Utter hate.

Am I the only person who has power well into the red and still seems to barely poke the petpets?

The one tip I can give is to keep lobbing petpets, even when you've beaten the level. A couple of times I've been able to get 6 or even 7 in for the first level. Every little helps ;0) I'm beginning to more consistently get into the 30s, so hopefully soon...

Edit: At last! Public bitching fell a bit short this time - I immediately got 47 :0P But I did eventually make it to 50. Exactly 50. Huzzah. Now to ignore that game until the next AAA ;0)

Actually, I do like that they're giving us some different games to last time.

Editedit: How have I never come across Goparroko before? What a fantastic game for just clicking and not thinking and defocussing my eyes. Requires less thought than Sutek's Tomb and doesn't have such a tight time restriction.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Urgh, nasty nasty Snowbeast Snackrifice. I just scored 46, my highest score yet. It's hard to believe the score ratio is 1np per point- but apparently if you get berserk to work, it's easy to get really high scores.

I still haven't done the jelly blobs of doom challenge, either.