New AAA Challenge

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Iggy

Re: New AAA Challenge

Post by Iggy »

I did 61 with my...second Snowbeast game, eh? It was far less painful than Bouncy Supreme has been to me, really. :P

However, I'm odd. I love the Goparooku challenge prize, it was on my wishlist for a really long time. (aka, when they showed it in the news)
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I've been away in Austria for a few days so I did 4 days of challenges in one go (I love that my being a few days late doesn't affect my score like it would have during the last AAA challenge). Snowbeast Snackrifice was the only vile one - it took me well over half an hour to get over 50.

And prizes are lovely - I'll have to edit my wishlist on jellyneo because this wiped several items of it.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

*Pokes head in*

Wow, this challenge actually got me doing things on neo again, only a little bit, but still...

I officially join in the "hate the snowager snack campaign" my high score is apparently 73, but the more I try, the worse it gets. My latest was 5 points and now I quit for the day. Tomorrow we will most likely have to 60 flash games or something, so maybe this can be the first to count towards that.
Madge

Post by Madge »

If anyone needs Jelly Blobs of Doom advice, here's what I think...

Stay in the middle. Don't attack something unless you're sure you will be big enough to eat it. Don't move unless you're avoiding a blob or eating one. Changing directions really slows you down, so often you'll be better continuing rather than changing direction if you're avoiding a blob. You can go off the top of the screen and appear at the bottom. There's some cheats for various neggs, but I didn't use them so I don't know what they are. I think they may have been posted earlier. You can slow down and stop by hitting the key of the opposite direction to the one you're going in. As you get further, your rate of scoring increases as larger blobs are worth more.

Summary: Stay in the centre and avoid moving unless you're eating or avoiding blobs.

I hope the advice I post is helpful, knowing my luck it's probably making everyone's scores worse? :P

TODAY'S GAMES:

Secret challenges:
700 in Snowmuncher
1200 in Ice Cream Machine
175 in Snowball Fight
125 in Snow Wars II

Other secret game:
100 in Jolly Jugglers

(confirmed by me?)

Prizes:
Score Sending: Image Tongue Wrap
Game: Image Chokato Volcano
Theme: Image Snow Brucicle; Image Blue Snowflake Biscuit Jar
Random: Image Maths Blocks
Secret: Image All About Juggling
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I'm not a Jelly Blobs champion but I used to be decent enough to get 1k a play and I'd like to second that the key to the game is patience, patience, patience, and never EVER eating a blob if you're not SURE that you're big enough.

The thing with Jelly Blobs is that your score goes up slowly at first and then as you can eat bigger blobs it goes up faster and faster.

EDIT: Anyone else have the unnerving feeling we'll have had to send a score for every game on that list before all is said and done?
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Theres another sponsor game for us US folks...tip. Open Notepad, and type the items down..makes it easier than memorizing.
Image Image
ImageImage
Teragram

Post by Teragram »

Yeah, definitely write 'em down. I just use a piece of paper, though.

Theme challenges I got so far:
Score 250 in Trouble at the National Neopian
Score 250 in Attack of the Revenge
Score 400 in Evil Fuzzles from Beyond the Stars

And for the 'random' challenge, it is NOT the 'send feedback' button on the bottom, it is the 'Rate this Game' button.

And the neoboards tell me that:
150: Great Qasalan Caper

Secret Challenge:
300: Mop 'n' Bop
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

ugh this is where I start to lose then. I can't get those scores on Attack of the Revenge, Evil Fuzzles or Mop 'n' Bop. D:
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

In Evil Fuzzles, just spend most of your points upgrading your gun (try to upgrade once each level), and buy hull thingies and shields and a droid repair thing or two with the rest. Try to kill a bunch of fuzzles in a row (don't fire any extra shots; just fire as many as needed to kill the fuzzle) and then hit that multiplier box.

Mop and Bop... read this guide. I got over 4000 points easily, and it was only my second time ever playing.

Attack of the Revenge sucks. I had the hardest time with that one this round. In level two, grab a cannonball and whack the bad guys with it for double points. In level three, just load the cannons first, and as soon as one fires, load it again. Slash at the baddies or whack them with cannonballs in between. Type blackpawkeet for an extra life (only works in level three or higher).

Turmac Roll, for non-Americans... if you're as bad at it as I am, just keep playing on hard mode until you get a good berry. I got 400-something points near the beginning of the game that way.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Bah. I finally sat down today to catch up on the challenges, and I'm already stuck on two things: Tyrannian Fucking Mini Golf (god I hate this game) and that stupid sponsor game where you swim around as the loch ness monster, or something. Even with the quality on low, and eating fish, I can't get more than 60 points on the damn game. I fail. I haven't even gotten to snowbeast snacrifice yet and I hate that game.

Luckily, I seem to have one small advantage: Attack of the Revenge is one of my favorite games. I haven't played ANY games on Neopets in months, and I played that one first today and got around 1100 points. Glad to know I haven't lost all my flash game skills xD
Kari

Post by Kari »

Yay Evil Fuzzles :3 That was one of my dailies way back when it originally came out. And Mop 'n' Bop IS a daily for me.

Good luck with the "bad" games, Jessi. In Snowbeat Snackrifice don't forget that you can actually move the character around, he doesn't have to stay in the center.
derp
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I know it's just a flash game on a pet site, but something seems fundamentally wrong about being forced to give something a perfect score to obtain the next trophy....
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Officer 1BDI wrote:I know it's just a flash game on a pet site, but something seems fundamentally wrong about being forced to give something a perfect score to obtain the next trophy....
I thought the same thing. Surely the number of people rating all these games 10 is going to make them look better than they are? I guess TNT knows that most people today are rating 10/10 because they have to.
EofS

Post by EofS »

A single 10 rating is probably only a drop in the bucket for any of these games. I'm sure some people will just add it to whichever game they first play for the challenge today, but I'm equally sure that other people will do what I did and give it to a game they genuinely like.

Although it's just occurred to me that since I gave it to Trouble at the National Neopian, I kind of did do that. Oops. It's not my fault one of my favourite games came up today!

(Also, I fear for how long it will take me to reach 400 in Evil Fuzzles. I have been horrible at that since it was released. I manage 200ish if I do really well.)

Edit: It really helps when I remember to click on the little "10x2" bonus button. Got it first time after that. Duh.
Last edited by EofS on 26 Nov 2007 01:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I gave Destruct-O-Match II a 10, as I genuinely love that game and can't find fault with it. I wrote some nice feedback, too. I think they'll easily be able to separate real 10s from ones people just threw at any old game based on the actual feedback.