The Last Blast- new 3D game

Post anything new on Neopets here.
daisybell

The Last Blast- new 3D game

Post by daisybell »

They're really plugging the new game in the news, and it's another of the ones using the 3D life plugin, like the River Rapids game. I can't get it to load in Seamonkey, it gets halfway there and then gets stuck. So I tried playing it in Firefox.

It was interesting, and in terms of the graphics I suppose it was good for a Neopets game. But it's effectively a first person shooter and that really isn't my kind of game at all. I get all jumpy and I don't like the monsters springing up behind me. The most time I've ever spent playing an FPS was playing Descent- this feels remarkably similar, but not knowing a lot about the genre I couldn't say if this is typical or a one off. I got up to 1379 points before I got bored with shooting robotic spiders and giant robotic spiders, which were the only monsters I came across. They seem to spawn infinitely, which sucks, so you can't even clear an area before moving on- they'll keep spawning so when you backtrack you can be surrounded by spiders.

Being on a laptop doesn't help with the game controls, but I think I'd find them kind of hard anyway- I want to shoot by moving the character on the ground, rather than moving the crosshair. I didn't find any of the other weapons, which is probably a good job since I would have struggled to activate them using the number keys (no scroll wheel on my laptop touchpad) while fending off the spiders which would be spawning behind me.

I have no idea how long the game is and how much depth there is to it. I'd be interested to see a guide for the game by someone who has completed it and find out how long it goes on for. In terms of earning np, I don't think this is a good game to choose. If you want to play a first person shooter, I don't think you'd automatically head for Neopets- if you really like FPSes you're in the wrong place, plus I imagine this is very basic as FPSes go- and if you want a Neopets themed FPS, then it's pretty weak on that front too. Obviously the FPS perspective means you can't see the grundo you control, the robotic spiders are just spiders so the only theming I really saw were the Sloth posters which were dotted around. As pure fun, it might just be up someone's street, but not mine.
Neopets wishlists: here
Goldenchaos

Re: The Last Blast- new 3D game

Post by Goldenchaos »

Of the other weapons, the Goo Blaster is the best..since it acts like acid, and with one shot, you can snag a whole bunch of them. I havent been past the second level, I die there, since you are overwhelmed by enemies. You can get a new weapon in the first level on the right side room, up aways. It varies what you get..suckiest is the sleep ray..<_<
Image Image
ImageImage
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I can't make it out of the first room without dying, so I must be doing something wrong.

Why can't they make it so that you fire by pressing the mouse button? As it is you have to use one hand to control the mouse and the other hand to control the arrow keys, meaning you have to use your third hand to fire. It turns out I don't have a third hand, and as a result the game is not going well.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Just rush off to the right upper room first, get the new weapon, and go straight, I believe..after that, go towards your left, the first room you are able to go into. Hit the target door in there, come out, then go to the room next to it (I think), that one will open the exit door.

I just RUUUN..because theres a few seconds that there are no enemies when you first start the game.

Yea, I wish this was mouse shooting as well, doesnt help that I have a tablet, and no mouse, don't know where it got to.
Image Image
ImageImage
miazilla

Post by miazilla »

Oh great. Neopets FPS. Motionsickness here I come! :x
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

So I just got around to trying this. I suppose it's nice to know that they're continuing to make real games. Being able to aim and shoot with a mouse is almost mandatory for fps these days, and it's silly for them not to have it. I love multiplayer shooters because even if I suck, there's always a chance I can get in a lucky shot and mess up someone's night. This was not so fun and the fact that the spiders continually come after you even if you stand still is lame. I would have loved this back in the day though. Grundos and space and guns, hooray!