Advent Calendar, Y9

Post anything new on Neopets here.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Re: Advent Calendar, Y9

Post by zebru »

I rather like the antlers. I think the headband is there to distinguish them from antlers you get when painting your pet Christmas.

Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I'm sad, I expected a cool Eliv Thade item =(

Can't win them all.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

They don't look horrible on Mokoxo... probably because his base color is brown. He does look a bit top-heavy, though; like the weight of those things should send him falling face-forward at a given moment.

Having the ears hang over the antlers looks really odd to me, even though I know there was no way around it.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

It doesn't look so bad on Eyries, probably because the bulk of the headband is behind the ears and out of sight. If there was any possible reason I would want my Eyrie to have antlers, that is.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I put them on my cybunny so she could be a jackalope, but the band covered her eyebrows and she ended up looking more like Whoopi Goldberg.
Zap

Post by Zap »

Image Image
Holiday Tutu, and Lenny Dancer Music Box

Heh heh heh heh heh...

This Advent Calendar is becoming just torturous for my Lupe.

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Lupine
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Poor neglected Neopets advent calender.

Yesterday, there was a nutcracker! My family collects nutcrackers so having a virtual version is really cool. :3 I want an army.

Nomnomnom!

Oh, but the nuts? I´m sorry, but I don´t know of any peanuts that look like that. o.O

Today was pretty boring, but I like the kougra on the book. He´s cute.
EofS

Post by EofS »

thelonetiel wrote:Oh, but the nuts? I´m sorry, but I don´t know of any peanuts that look like that. o.O
They look more like brazil nuts, although you can begin to see the suggestion of them continuing in a peanuty manner.
thelonetiel wrote:Today was pretty boring, but I like the kougra on the book. He´s cute.
I'm reminded of Simba, I think it's after he eats a bug.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

I'm sorry to say you've forced my hand. This is exactly what I said when the Kougra revamp came around:
Mom, you're messing up my mane!
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I'm not excited about the prizes today, but I thought the animation was REALLY cute. :-) (I never did get the hang of that game.)
Fabled

Post by Fabled »

Does anyone know why some people are given green apples from the AC? I got two on Christmas day instead of the normal gifts and then again for today's prize. From what I gather on some board posts this has been going on since the 22nd and happens to random people. I thought that if it were a glitch it would have been fixed by now?

I actually thought up until yesterday that everyone got green apples on Christmas. :|
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

First of all, the animation today? Totally thought that was a Spectrum Ogrin at first. XD

Rocking Ogrin

Holiday Home Background

Here's the background:
http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Zena1991
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

The AC animation makes me sad because if the Rainbow Ogrins actually looked like that, I'd have one in a heartbeat.

Also, is it just me, or does the Holiday Home Background look kind of blurry on userlookups? :(

ETA: I have no idea what's going on with the green apples, but I feel really bad for the people caught up in the glitch, especially since TNT probably won't reimburse them. :?
gidget

Post by gidget »

Ok, not to bitch and moan ...

*bitches*

*moans*

... but it would have been great to have gotten that background during the first week of the advent calendar. You know, before Christmas was past. :P

All the seasonal wearables do look cute on my Christmas Blumaroo, though. :D

Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Officer 1BDI wrote:
ETA: I have no idea what's going on with the green apples, but I feel really bad for the people caught up in the glitch, especially since TNT probably won't reimburse them. :?
Actually, your friendly neighbourhood RD has an idea (with all her 42 months of insignificant experience).

Do you remember how, a few years ago, lots of people went to the AC and got broken images marked "new"? (One of mine, to my delight, turned into my Ruki's Snicklebeast, Saskia. She still pulls a face if you mention broken images.) Now, as far as I can tell, that hasn't happened at all this year or last. I think that the item system's been tweaked so that there's no way you can own a non-item. I'd hazard that all the items have numbers, like barcodes or something, so that shops and whatnot can identify them, and if you get handed an item but the system doesn't know what it is, instead of giving you a non-item, it sets it to number 1. Now, from reading months and months of editorials, I know that the Green Apple happens to be the first item that Adam and Donna ever created. So of course it would be #1...

And if anyone missed out on any of this year's wearables, except the Snowager Cap and Quilt Cape, I'd be happy to send you mine. I have very little desire to dress any of my pets as a Giant Moach.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.