The Return of Dr. Sloth (Plot)

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: The Return of Dr. Sloth (Plot)

Post by Cranberry »

http://idb.finalhit.org/?searchtype=one ... =grundobot

Very nice set... 100% freezer, 100% healer, 100% blocker, and HT attackers. RotL and Faerie tabard are good against him, although his Combo Battle Mirror can reflect your RotL's light back at you. A pteri with a tabard and a RotL has the best advantage due to a pteri's natural 40% air resistance.

I got 15 wins... might be able to get a few more, but he's tough.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Well, I ended up beating him once after 3 losses and tons of withdraws. That's all I can do, especially since I already sold the Prickly Potion that helped me through. I was also lucky in that he didn't attack me when I was frozen, and he had 12 HP then and I still had my Burrow to use.

tl;dr version: Need to train more.
derp
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I started getting ties after about 11 wins and losses after 13. I struggled a little to hit 15, and I decided to stop there. It's tempting me to get a G-bomb, but I'm not THAT desperate to empty out all my investments yet. :P

I wonder where the Space Faerie Token thing will factor in. There's a little part of me that drew from the comic that this will be over soon though. Hm.
Bif

Post by Bif »

So I've just started to fight for the first time in this plot (and ever really) and I'm wondering, do you have to press the 'next' button after you win for the fight to count?
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

lol I died, did it just for kicks
Image Image
ImageImage
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Grr.

I'm really pissed that the hardest part of the plot was so early. Am I wrong in remembering that in the other plots, while there were really tedious parts, if you didn't complete them, you could still get minimal points? Without mapping your tomb, you were a lot slower, but if you gave up on Anubis Toxicology Reports, you had still made it a good way into the plot.

I'm trying this mod stuff and my head just cannot wrap around it. So I finally worked out a method that I understood and wasn't that tedious, only to remember that the order of the symbols doesn't matter, inflating the number viable options to values I can't hope of having the time or patience to complete.

All I want is enough credit in the plot to get the sidebar, and maybe the trophy and av (but those aren't as important) and I'll be really pissed if not completing the mods denies me those prizes.

All of the plot sidebars until now have been easy to get, but I'm betting Neopets will make it worth 10 points more than I'll earn in the prize shop just to spite me for trying to have a social life. ;P
EofS

Post by EofS »

thelonetiel wrote:I'm really pissed that the hardest part of the plot was so early. Am I wrong in remembering that in the other plots, while there were really tedious parts, if you didn't complete them, you could still get minimal points? Without mapping your tomb, you were a lot slower, but if you gave up on Anubis Toxicology Reports, you had still made it a good way into the plot.
I actually think this has more in common with the tomb than Anubis Toxicology Reports. It's tedious, but if you approach it methodically (as you had to to map your tomb) then it's achievable. Anubis Toxicology Reports there was really no two ways about it - there was nothing you could do but click and hope, click and hope, click and hope.
thelonetiel wrote:I'm trying this mod stuff and my head just cannot wrap around it. So I finally worked out a method that I understood and wasn't that tedious, only to remember that the order of the symbols doesn't matter, inflating the number viable options to values I can't hope of having the time or patience to complete.
Unless I'm misunderstanding you, the order of the symbols not mattering actually *reduces* the number of viable options. Because instead of having to check TLV TVL VLT VTL LVT LTV you only have to check TLV and then all 6 are elminated.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

EofS wrote:Unless I'm misunderstanding you, the order of the symbols not mattering actually *reduces* the number of viable options. Because instead of having to check TLV TVL VLT VTL LVT LTV you only have to check TLV and then all 6 are elminated.
I think my problem is mostly that I thought I worked out a way that only required me to check maybe 100 or so combinations per thing, but when I reworked it, my second step of narrowing down my options was flawed and with the order realization multiplied that amount several times. ;P Which, the estimate I read on one guide was that there were some 600 options, so that's normal. But my half hour of checking was wasted because I relied mostly on memory and going back to redo the puzzles I did wrong would mean redoing everything and copying down the stats again cause I filled up that sheet of paper.

... I'm really just lacking in time (and willpower) and wishing there could have been more than one puzzle before this part. Useless complaining. xP Mapping my tomb was fun, there were shiny jewels! This just makes my head hurt.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I think this plot hasn't been very focused on puzzles, which is a relief for some, but I would have liked to see an equal amount of puzzles as battling because we've only had 3 puzzles, two of which were really easy and the other was difficult, but I used the calculator before it was said to be against the rules so it seems like it's been mostly battling that's occurred in this plot which is boring when I can only defeat 2 opponents.
Fury

Post by Fury »

adi_gallia wrote:I think this plot hasn't been very focused on puzzles, which is a relief for some, but I would have liked to see an equal amount of puzzles as battling because we've only had 3 puzzles, two of which were really easy and the other was difficult, but I used the calculator before it was said to be against the rules so it seems like it's been mostly battling that's occurred in this plot which is boring when I can only defeat 2 opponents.
I think it's been completely fair - we've had two easy puzzles, as you've said, and a very difficult one. I completed mine without a calculator so I enjoyed the challenge. We've also had a fair amount of easy opponents and now some difficult ones to balance it out.
I think TNT have done a very good job of catering to everyone this time.
Bif

Post by Bif »

I think it's been completely fair - we've had two easy puzzles, as you've said, and a very difficult one. I completed mine without a calculator so I enjoyed the challenge. We've also had a fair amount of easy opponents and now some difficult ones to balance it out.
I think TNT have done a very good job of catering to everyone this time.
I also think that TNT has been quite fair this time. I too did the 3-mods without the calculator and it was extremely satisfying to have completed them by myself even if it meant that I was a day or two behind everyone else. The fighting as also been well balanced with my lab pet being able to beat the easiest of the opponents 5-27 times, depending on my amount of patients and which opponent it was [Thank you Cranberry for your list of good novice weapons quite a few pages back, they've been great!:D). Although I now realise that battleing really isn't for me (click, click, click, click...) - I've still been able to score points with limited knowledge. I've had fun with this plot, (the art in the comics has been awesome!) and it still hasn't finished.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

i was able to get to 20 wins on the latest challenger, but am hoping for 21. my last 5 or so wins took many tedious rounds (70-80+) of trying to freeze with the diamond dust ability on the first turn and hoping he didn't freeze me too or take my pet below 200 or so hit points. good thing i still had the mutant grundo scouts to use for healing in between rounds, as long as the robot didn't hit too hard.

and it was fun to see my ring of the lost in action, though it's still tempting to sell it and get a ghostkershield instead.
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

Do we have any idea on how long the plot will be open now that daily dare started? I'm still stuck on 3 mods. I've tried every possible combination on one of them and it just doesn't work :(
LΟL
EofS

Post by EofS »

By the by, am I the only person who *loves* this picture:

Hee!

Thanks to borrowed weapons (my 6 iconers not quite cutting it) and a lot of perseverance I've managed to get the 35 and 66 difficulty opponents to 10 and 5 wins respectively, so now I'm just slogging through the lower level ones until I get so bored my brain starts leaking from my ears. I'm about to hit 50 on the easiest opponents and I'm still killing them in one blow. I dunno how you guys with stronger pets do it! (Well, those who do bother to try to slaughter low level opponents ;0)
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

http://www.neopets.com/space/ros/tokens.phtml

Knock yourselves out. I just started the heat test, which seems fairly straightforward. Apparently the acid test involves other people; this is a group effort.