The Return of Dr. Sloth (Plot)

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Kari

The Return of Dr. Sloth (Plot)

Post by Kari »

http://www.neopets.com/space/ros/comic.phtml

New plot, it seems. Or is this that one they tried to do a couple years ago when Kreludor first came out?
I remember the TCG set had that Gorix guy and that Cybunny too, though the Cybunny looks different.

I hope we get war battles with this plot, I'm not really one for puzzles.
derp
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: The Return of Dr. Sloth

Post by Cranberry »

Her name was Cylara... so if it is her, yeah, that's a new design. Here's the page for the old plot. I hope this is a war, too! I've been wanting to battle for a while.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Aww. They would do the plot I personally most anticipated after I quit. Cylara does look better, although she appears leaner and more anthro. However, I, Huggles, can forgive that in light of the removal of those hideous ponytails and her hair color matching her fur. Gorix's suit on page two is neat. It reminds me of the robot girl from Applegeeks.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Hurray for an actual plot!

Incidentally, Gorix sounds like Richard Horvitz in my head. =P
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I got all excited when I saw this, but I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment. Still, I can hope.

(Maybe we'll finally be able to get those orange spots off the purple pets! Maybe!)
Bif

Post by Bif »

I'm really excited about this. Seeing as the Lost World Plot was very short lived (it was the only plot which I saw through to the end) so this will be my first real plot.

I do hope that it doesn't have TOO much battleing though - or at least lots of puzzles to go with it, seeing as I'm not much of a battler at all and found it hard to kill even the first few bugs in the Lost World Plot.
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

Oh my god. o_o Looks like I'll have to return temporarily to Neopets for this... Just like I did with the Lost Isle plot, actually. Dammit, TNT, why won't you let me quit in peace?
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I really hope this is an all out war with stages and various monsters and no freaking ranks or caps for how many points you can get. When I beat a monster 150+ times, I want to get 150+ points darn it, not 20. We haven't had a decent war for a very very long time. Sure they can throw in some puzzles, but come on, war! Flying_starz wants some action.

Even though I've stopped playing Neo, I'll come back to do the plot before drifting away to greater things.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Well, it doesn't involve Roxton Colchester, but I'm thrilled to bits. I can honestly say I NEVER saw this coming, and it's something that's been on hold since I was a cute little newbie. Looks like TNT are starting to get their heads around what their users really want.

It doesn't half throw a spanner in my ongoing NT work, though. Every silver lining has a cloud.

And WHY did they do this before continuing the Lost Isle plot? Oh well. At least now we know what they've been so busy on for the last few months. If they have all the art drawn in advance maybe this'll even buy them time to work on the Pound while we run around thwacking robots.

(Also, I hate to be the conspiracy theorist, but if you were a member of TNT and you desperately needed to keep something as big as this under wraps for an entire weekend... maybe, just maybe, the best way of doing it would be to make an utterly inane editorial decision that drove Neopia round in frustrated circles for four days...?)
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I also really want there to be a war... a REAL war. I'd be cool with there being a puzzle plot, too, but I want there to be a real war, with more than just a couple of opponents, and unlimited points. I've really only gotten to be in one real (good) war on this site -- the second Meridell war -- back when I had the 55 strength boost. Now that I have an actual battle pet, they never have wars anymore, just a couple random opponents tacked onto a plot. It's frustrating.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Wingsrising wrote:I also really want there to be a war... a REAL war. I'd be cool with there being a puzzle plot, too, but I want there to be a real war, with more than just a couple of opponents, and unlimited points. I've really only gotten to be in one real (good) war on this site -- the second Meridell war -- back when I had the 55 strength boost. Now that I have an actual battle pet, they never have wars anymore, just a couple random opponents tacked onto a plot. It's frustrating.
For us cute li'l newbies, could you please explain what a war consists of, if it's not "opponents tacked onto a plot"?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I don't want there to be a proper war, well I would want a war, but my strongest pet has a strength of 10 and 13 HP and I'm not earning NP, so I don't want a war because it would lessen my chances of doing well in this plot. I want my old pets back. *sigh*

Well at least we're getting a plot in some form, it should get me back into Neopets for a while, I always wanted to see this plot continued..
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

i really, really hope there is a war too but i'm not getting my hopes up. i train my pet whenever i can afford it and am always saving for some new weapon or another and it would be nice to see some payoff for the effort i've put in since the last real wars.

however, i'm afraid that puzzles with some token battling will be all we'll get from now on.

edit:
For us cute li'l newbies, could you please explain what a war consists of, if it's not "opponents tacked onto a plot"?
i know you didn't ask me, but to me a real war would be when you get to fight more than one wave of increasingly difficult opponents until they get so strong that you can't fight them anymore, and you get credit for all your wins when prizes are awarded. (it would be fun to have trophies that changed as we accumulated more wins again too.)

i liked the battle element of the haunted woods plot until scores came out and i saw that i wasted much time fighting opponents well past the "win limits" established. oh, and ruined my 1-player percentage fighting the mayor well beyond the "loss limit" too.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Yeah, waves of opponents, and more then one opponent per round. The Meridell war was really the best one that we've gotten. The Maraqua one could have been nice if they hadn't fucked it up with the ranks. The beginning opponents are always really easy so pretty much anyone with even default stats should be able to defeat it, but as the waves go on they get harder.
I've spent roughly 6 years zapping Flying_Starz for stats and she does pretty darn well in plots (better if I bothered to get weapons for her) and I'd like my score in a plot to show that. If I beat an opponent over 100 times, I want 100 points tacked on to my score, not 20 since Neo thought it would be a cute idea to limit the points people rightfully earned (and not mention a cap, I could have saved hours only beating opponents a certain amount of time before going till I died).
Sure its not exactly fair for people who don't bother training their pets, but I hate puzzles so I find those unfair as well. We've had more puzzle plots then anything in the last few years, its time for an all out war again.

Sadly, I don't see a war amongst Space station. I see it as more of a puzzle themed plot and am having a hard time visioning opponents. We'll probably have to recalculate Dr. Sloth's ray gun or something via a complicated puzzle so it doesn't fire at Neopia and turn everyone into mutants.

This post was a bit more angry sounding then I'd meant it to be....
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Roght. With wars in the past there have been no puzzles, just opponents, but there's no reason there can't be a puzzle as part of a war. I'd say the primary characteristic of a war would be more different opponents, with (usually...ideally) smaller jumps in difficultly between the opponents. Every win counts (no artifical "caps" on the number of points you can get for beating opponent X) and the more difficult the starting difficulty, the more points you get per win. In past wars, the points for beating the opponents updated in real-time rather than at the end, so you could always see how you were doing and get to 500 kills or whatever.

I don't see there being anything the least bit unfair about wars. I've spent a lot of time and NP on weapons, labbing, and codestone training my battle pet. There's nothing unfair about my doing better in a war than someone who's never bought good weapons and never trained a pet. I *earned* doing better by playing Neopets (and how I chose to spend the NP I earned.) The fact that someone who trains does better in a war than someone who doesn't train is no more unfair than the fact that someone who's built a fancy Neohome has a better chance of winning the Neohome Spotlight than someone who hasn't, or that someone who's put a lot of effort into a fancy gallery has a better chance of winning Gallery Spotlight than someone who has a crap gallery with 5 cheap items in it.

I think it would be a shame if there were NOTHING but wars, but not having ANY war for years (and no good war for longer, since the Maraqua war was completely fucked by the ranking system -- though I'd forgotten the Hannah war, that one was worse than Meridell but it was at least a real war) is just... no fun.

Oh, and even for people who don't battle, a REAL war provides brilliant opportunities for war profiteering. :-)