Umm, "shop link" bar (shops, etc.) as text links now?

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: Umm, "shop link" bar (shops, etc.) as text links now?

Post by Cranberry »

They are definitely losing NP. Some of my IDB friends/colleagues are reporting 40-50% lower profit every day since the change.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

my shop is still small, so i don't track my profits as closely as many big mallers, but i definitely see a drop off in weekday sales and overall shop views.
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

Cranberry wrote:They are definitely losing NP. Some of my IDB friends/colleagues are reporting 40-50% lower profit every day since the change.
I'm curious. Do you mean that they're losing NP, in the sense that their profit is lower than it would have been, or in the sense that they are actually running a loss? I'm wondering if TNT is trying to slowly phase out the malling system.
If you're ever in doubt, throw a pepper in the air. If it fails to come down, you have gone mad, so don't trust in anything.
- Gregory Maguire, "Mirror, Mirror"
-----------------------------
On Neopets: yvonne_l_d
On Subeta: myshadowandme
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Sales dropped by 40-50%. The thread's here; I'm pretty sure you can read it without being a member of IDB (I'm never logged out, so I can't be positive).
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Now they've just made it worse. Yeah, let's take out the image banner, cluster text links in its place, and NOW - tada! - a big box of pointlessness to take up space. The big useless image simply directs us to the Money Tree. Good grief.

Oh well, at least they did make a link to the Marketplace to appease our mallers. But they gave it the misnomer "Neopia Central."

Um, what are they thinking?

(and I only just now noticed there's a hole in the sun shining over the Marketplace)