Daily Dare 2008

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Kari

Re: Daily Dare 2008

Post by Kari »

I realized my high score for this game was 270, so I gave AAA a try. Many failed attempts later, I sent in a 231.
I agree with "dodging" the 11 point items, but don't panic and try to rush over to a high scoring one. If you memorize the point values of the items, you could risk catching something that will put you over 200 and then dropping right away.
derp
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I lucked out when a meteor (coconut? What is that thing?) decided to launch itself straight at my pile.

I like the hat, but the only pet I'm really interested in putting it on is painted Mutant. :(
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Officer 1BDI wrote:I like the hat, but the only pet I'm really interested in putting it on is painted Mutant. :(
same here. i thought it would look good on my mutant draik, if only he could wear clothes. but i guess i'd rather he look the way he does now rather than like the other draiks. that's why i got him in the first place anyway. (no offense to draik owners; i just like mutant better than other colors.)

anyway, with the help of a guide with similar tips as what is on this thread, i was also able to beat aaa today. yay :)
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Itchy Invasion today. It's pretty easy... I just followed this guide's tips and got 1306 points.
Spoiler: open/close
Congratulations, you won your challenge!
AAA has awarded you Itchy Invasion Background.
Bif

Post by Bif »

I was able to beat AAA today and yesterday!! :D (I very rarely could beat him last time and 2/3 so far is amazing!!:))

I really am no good at Meepit Juice Break and didn't have the time to try as hard as I would have liked. But at least so far I've beaten them all on the day of release. I'm loving the prizes so far, if anyone wants the AAA 'Itchy Invasion' prize, it's in my shop. Hopefully I can sell it and put away a tidy sum in my bank account. :)
Noodles

Post by Noodles »

Woo, I've beaten AAA on every game so far! I'm surprised; apart from Meepit Juice Break I didn't think I was much good at any of these games, but after a bit of practice...

I'm making a nice profit selling off my prizes. :)
Image Image
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

After some practice I did manage to beat AAA today, after only managing Abigail the previous two days- I did practice at Wicked Wocky Wobble for ages but got fed up with it- and I didn't want the helmet that much either.

Last year I bought most of the prizes for AAA when I didn't win them but this year if they're all wearables that would be very expensive. I hope they do pick some games I don't find too hard, because so far I've been struggling to get close to AAA's scores.
Neopets wishlists: here
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

daisybell wrote: I hope they do pick some games I don't find too hard, because so far I've been struggling to get close to AAA's scores.
Me too, the only time I beat AAA was yesterday and that has been the prize of his I have wanted the least so far, I'd rather get backgrounds than actual clothing really.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

i was able to beat aaa today, yay. i found that playing the largest size on firefox helped a lot. (largest size on ie was smaller for some reason.)

and i've bought all the prizes that i haven't received so far. unfortunately that first background was 75k. ouch.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I beat AAA rather easily today, I did 1080 at my first try. :)
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I found Itchy Invasion a lot easier when I used the pen on the tablet rather than the mouse. Definitely recommended if you have one.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I hope they branch out into some of the other games, it seems like its always the same games they use for these types of events.

Where's my 200meter Dash challenge at hmmm?!?
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

Edna's Shadow today. Abigail is 80 and AAA 500. I hate the game so I just went with Abigail and got an Edna's Cookie.
Bif

Post by Bif »

It's not actually that hard to get 500. I think if only takes to level 4 if I remember correctly.

Don't forget that you can kill the enemies by pressing space bar - I'm not sure if it gives you points, but it sure makes getting everything a lot easier.

I'm actually suprised at how low AAA's score was for this one, considering how little effort I had to put in (got it on the first try) - or perhaps I was just oddly lucky? However due to the rapid decrease in price of AAA's prize - I'd say many people we able to beat him this time around.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Yes, killing an enemy gives you 5 points.