Daily Dare 2008

Post anything new on Neopets here.
adi_gallia

Re: Daily Dare 2008

Post by adi_gallia »

I'm having a problem with this game. I can get it to load and everything. But when I press the up key the boat doesn't move at all, none of the direction buttons are making it move. The only thing I can do is click 'End Game'. This looks to be problematic.
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

I haven't done most of the challenges yet and now I discover we must be finished by tomorrow but the arrow keys don't work on any of the games where they are required. Fun!
LΟL
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I was having the same problem but I tried switching to IE and the game started working, even though it was very laggy. Other people are reporting that re-installing flash can solve the problem as well (didn't work for me). The site is being glitchy, though so I'm not going to collect my prize until later.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Woo..got lucky with a 500 dubbloon..

ANyone notice that the inventory page changed?
Image Image
ImageImage
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I'm having the worst luck with this game; I keep getting offed before all 8 mines show up because they pop up right beneath or right in front of me. :P

ETA: Finally threw in some motivational music (The Killers = Neopian gaming soundtrack for inexplicable reasons) and got over 1100 points.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Finally... all caught up on the Daily Dare. I just got lazy and mostly challenged Abby, not really wanting to deal with it, especially in games I hate (like today's, heh) - I beat AAA on the games that really mattered to me, like Meepit Juice Break, and Hasee Bounce, so I'm pleased.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Aw man, this new Roothless Challenge game is rather hard. Fun, but hard. My fingers get confused on the items you have to use XD And you have to send a winning score (5000 points) no matter what, sending one after a losing score doesn't seem to work.
derp
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Does anyone know how this Roothless Bonus Challenge works?
Kari

Post by Kari »

You click on the part that says "Can you beat the game?" (something like that) and the page should reload. Then click on the picture in the middle to play the game. The ONLY score you can send must be the 5000 point score you get from beating the game. http://www.neopets.com/~oridius is a good guide to get through the game, it's a tough one.
derp
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Well, I fucked up. I don't know if I can send a score again, or that my first one is the one that counts..:\ ..I did not know this, and so, Im likely not gonna get the price I was going to get

Even so, the prices arent all that awesome or anything either

http://www.neopets.com/~non_issue
Image Image
ImageImage
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Oh man, I didn't get to beat Dubloon Disaster until today because I couldn't get it to work yesterday.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

So, wait... if I can't beat the game (which I can't) then I should reject the challenge?

EDIT: Oh, wait... so this is different from the Ice Cream one? I'm so confused!
Kari

Post by Kari »

Yeah, it's different than the Ice Cream Machine challenge today. Think of Dungeon Dash as a bonus round or something.
derp
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

And...if you get a higher score now, it counts , if you sent a sucky one before. FINALLY beat it.

I used both hands to assign the keys: Left hand ring finger was X, middle was C, and indext was V, while my right index was B and middle was N. Thumbs was space bar. Its actually a lot easier with Abi.

She doesnt need to use the spring to jump over the stumps on the Turmac Roll half of the game. Just double jump near them. And spam C a lot, it actually makes you go a bit faster.
Image Image
ImageImage
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I just beat it, too! I played as Abi and used the guide Kari linked. I used the bubble and rolled over every hill, the mud pits and many of the ice cream piles and the spikes in the final level. I sucked at the ice cream level (I lost two lives there every single time I played), but I found the final level fairly easy.