Daily Dare 2008

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: Daily Dare 2008

Post by Wingsrising »

Gah. I keep getting caught by the guard before the end of the ice cream level. :-(
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

I hate using hotkeys. They confuse me. My hands hurt and it's 4 am here now so I'll go to bed. Let Roothless have his way with Abi and AAA for my part, maybe that means no more Daily Dare next year XD
LΟL
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

OK, I officially give up. It's like it's impossible to get past this ice cream level without using all my lives or without being caught by the guard.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I hate hotkeys, too, so I didn't use them. You can click the tools with your mouse, so I just hovered my mouse over them, kept the other hand on the spacebar, and did the whole game that way. Since you don't need to use arrow keys to run or anything, it worked fine.
Bif

Post by Bif »

The things to remember are:

The Roothless game is a bonus round, if you challenge and win - you get bigger prizes. Challenge and loose - smaller prizes. Don't challenge - normal prizes.

ONLY SEND YOUR SCORE ONCE YOU HAVE BEATEN THE ENTIRE GAME! e.g. score = 5000 (1000x 1 level)

Abby is faster (but probablly doesn't give as good a prize) - use the bubble to go up, down over the big hills and puddles - it's faster. Move as fast as possible in the Roll level as she gains heaps of ground here.

Make sure you collect the hard hat in the DOM level - if it is on the other side of a tower of bricks, then Abby will jump over it, so use the shovel from the Snow Muncher level to dig through the bricks to get to it - jump under it if need be. You should have gained enough ground in the previous level to afford the time. If you jump carefully in the DOM level, you should also be able to gain ground.

Before the hard hat, use only space bar and the spring. Remember that after the hard hat, in the flatter bits is where the bricks start to fall, so just run, use space bar and keep clicking the hard hat sybmol. (I used the mouse and space bar).

In the ice cream level, it takes practice, but you'll realise that some cones are aimed at your head (use the hard hat) and some at your chest and below (use the green sheild). The best thing to do is to not loose a life in this part.

Then for the Stowaway level use the hat for the Kougra, sheild for the Skeith and the Bubble for the spikes and broken wood.

You'll get better as you go along, don't get frustrated, have a break between levels if need be and remember - have fun! :)
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

Someone please tell me where in the world TNT learned their english grammar.
Shhh... we have heard that you might want to finish your Daily Dare challenges before the 30th... *sneaks away*
To my understanding that means we should've been done with everything 11:59pm on Saturday. Now when I saw that there was a day 30 I didn't say anything because I thought so maybe they meant to say on the 30th, and, whatever.
But the sentence quoted above doesn't make any sense at all if there is a day 31. None. I stayed up until 4 am for nothing.

Thanks for the tip about using the mouse Cranberry, though I don't know if it'll help any after I already submitted a low score yesterday.
LΟL
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Why the hell does it only accept the first score you send X_x I accidentally hit to send my score the other day while I was trying to beat the game. I don't think I'll be able to ever beat it, but there's no point in punishing myself further if when I do beat it it won't matter.

The game would be a lot easier if it wasn't so damned choppy and the animation were better done. I hate games that run like this, instead of a smooth motion. Volcano Run 2 is by far the worst though.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
EofS

Post by EofS »

rebelheart wrote:Someone please tell me where in the world TNT learned their english grammar.
Shhh... we have heard that you might want to finish your Daily Dare challenges before the 30th... *sneaks away*
To my understanding that means we should've been done with everything 11:59pm on Saturday. Now when I saw that there was a day 30 I didn't say anything because I thought so maybe they meant to say on the 30th, and, whatever.
But the sentence quoted above doesn't make any sense at all if there is a day 31. None. I stayed up until 4 am for nothing.
Nothing I can see wrong with the grammar there at all. I think that was their way to hint that you should be caught up with all your challenges before Saturday so you could do this Roothless thing. I wish I'd known about it - I hadn't filled in the ones I've not managed AAA on yet. So I don't get a go at the Roothless challenge. Rawr.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I got a better score yesterday, the 5000, and it went through. Previously sent a lower one. And it got replaced by the higher one.
Image Image
ImageImage
EofS

Post by EofS »

Well this is interesting... having finally accepted that there was no way I would manage AAA in the remaining 8 games (mostly because I haven't practised them in the month at all) and I challenged Abigail in the ones I hadn't challenged AAA in, and submitted Abigail worthy scores in the ones I had.

And now apparently I still get to do the Roothless thing? Cool!

So to anyone else procrastinating finishing it all off, you might not want to.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

>:-( I give up on Dungeon Dash. It's too maddening. I don't think I'll beat it within an hour even if I really tried. I don't know if I'll regret that or not.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I beat the Roothless Dungeon Dash game with Abigail after quite a few tries, and then I read the prizes might be better if you use AAA, so I tried a bit more and beat it with him too, although the shadow monster thing was RIGHT behind me almost the entire last level! What a slowpoke.

Now the page is all messed up and I can't play the dungeon dash anymore, which is too bad as I really liked it.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Prizes are here. I got in on the lowest rung, and I got a trophy, a wearable Abby Gumball Machine, and then for playing the roothless game I got a Destruct-O-Match shirt (wearable), a book (How to be Roothless) and another Roothless Action Figure, not wearable.

When you click on my trophy it shows all the games, who I beat, and what score I got. Pretty nifty actually. http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=iniuria
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I also got the trophy and Abby gumball machine despite forgetting that March has 31 days and then not playing on day 31...

Coolness.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

i got all the same items, except a math slingshot instead of the gumball machine (i beat all the games on release days, some abi, some aaa).

and thanks for pointing out the feature of clicking on the trophy - i missed that.