Daily Dare 2008

Post anything new on Neopets here.
daisybell

Re: Daily Dare 2008

Post by daisybell »

I claimed my AAA prize without a problem this morning, so I'm not sure why it's doing that to you. A quick look at the Neoboards tells me you're not alone, however: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic. ... =119314564

I guess they will have already reported the bug, but you could go and ask them anyway. Being the weekend, it's likely TNT won't be able to do a lot about it until Monday. But at least the fact that you've beaten AAA has been recorded, even if you can't collect the prize, and it's the beating him on the day it came out that matters and not the prize collection.
Neopets wishlists: here
Bif

Post by Bif »

I guess they will have already reported the bug, but you could go and ask them anyway. Being the weekend, it's likely TNT won't be able to do a lot about it until Monday. But at least the fact that you've beaten AAA has been recorded, even if you can't collect the prize, and it's the beating him on the day it came out that matters and not the prize collection.
Thanks for the information! :) And yes, I was glad that my beating him had been recorded, but I'm also impatiant for my prize. :P unfortunately however, there was one day when I came home 20mins late from a camp, and thus, didn't beat AAA/Abby on the day of release. :( (because of the time difference, 12:00am Neo time is about 5:00pm my time).
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Well, I'm finally in the process of catching up on all the Daily Dares, whoo. One thing that really irritates me is the huge difference between Abigail and AAA's scores. I know they do that for a reason, but there's a lot of games for me where beating Abigail is insulting, but I'm say, 50 points away from beating AAA EVERY TIME. I need something more challenging, but not quite as challenging xD

That being said, I'm also being lazy and challenging Abigail a lot - does anyone know of a pet page or whatever with a list of all the prizes on it? I want to make sure I buy anything I'm missing ^_^
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

http://www.neopets.com/~Capn_Flora has all the prizes, as does http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=dailydare08

I have also found that Abigail is not a challenge at all, but AAA is often just that bit too hard for me to get there. I don't know what they could do about that, though. And many times getting to AAA's score has been tough but possible, so it has been at the right level for me.

Last year I bought all of the prizes that I didn't get, I think, but this year I haven't bothered to- especially with wearables I don't really like because they're a lot more expensive. Today's Abigail prize is much cuter than AAA's, though, so I did buy that.
Neopets wishlists: here
Bif

Post by Bif »

Does anyone else think that it is a little odd/twisted that the AAA prize for today is selling for less than 1/4 of Abby's prize?
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

It is? What's Abi's prize?

*braves the Neoboards*
Spoiler: open/close
...Well, shoot. I'd rather have a sock'em-bob'em lawn gnome than a broken potted plant. >_>
Yeesh. It's like their prizes were switched or something.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Actually, this was the first day I've done Daily Dare just because I liked the prize, and I aimed for AAA because I wanted his...I've only done four days so far, three of them because I liked the games (Hasee Bounce, Whack a Kass, Turmac Roll), and now this one. And I don't actually like Wingoball at all :P
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Fair enough. =) I did like his prize (I gave it to Elzar since it matched his background), I just wasn't expecting it to be... broken like that (even if it does make sense in the context of the game).
Bif

Post by Bif »

If anyone has an tips for Attack of the Gummy Dice (today's game) please, please, please let me know, I really want AAA's prize and my highest score so far is 1500 (and that was just sheer luck).

Good luck everyone! :)
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Gummy Dice is by far the most annoying game ever. More so because it takes FOREVER to even get to 1000..My highest score is in the 1700...and I cannot get that again..I found a couple guides..

http://www.neopets.com/~gummyd

http://www.neopets.com/~Tirchie

But yea..ARGH..game.
Image Image
ImageImage
ihsh

Post by ihsh »

I can only get 1400
My neo account is ihsh.I come from Taiwan, and is learning French and English
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Gummy Dice was my first trophy after two years of next to nothing on Neopets, and I did it entirely by accident. My only tips are to remember what's on the bottom when the dice first drop down into play and always try to get the bottom first. I never really set up for combos unless the dice were centrally located and I had more than one place I could drop another die in case I didn't get the color I wanted for a while. Always, always drop the bomb dice on the stone ones, unless you have some obscenely large tower. I also tried to keep the stones close to one another just for bombs. Use the color changing dice on your tallest towers. One of my biggest problems, at first, was misaligning the dice and dropping one on top of a tower I meant to drop behind. I got around 5k for my trophy.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Well damn, I got 1828. Good score, not enough. But Im not doing it again.

Challenged Abi instead
Image Image
ImageImage
Kari

Post by Kari »

Well, I guess my vacation overwhelmed me, because I totally forgot to do the Daily Dare yesterday :x Lowest prize for me now. I ALMOST made it too, and I did it last year.
derp
ihsh

Post by ihsh »

I like AAA's prize if it is a background
My neo account is ihsh.I come from Taiwan, and is learning French and English