Daily Dare 2008

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Iggy

Re: Daily Dare 2008

Post by Iggy »

Today's challenge is Ugga Smash - 500 for AAA and...75 for Abigail, I think.

Ugga Smash is not that hard of a game, my all time high was 515 and I decided to aim for AAA.
Spoiler: open/close
AAA - Image Tyrannian Racing Goggles

Abigail - Image Collectable Tyrannian Car Set
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I don't find Ugga Smash hard, exactly- it's just unpredictable. Especially when the grarrl appears right on top of you. It's very hard to get a good score consistently. I've completed all five rounds twice, but without a high enough score to beat AAA. So I'm hoping a public bitch won't go amiss in getting to 500.
Neopets wishlists: here
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

It's a luck game, I didn't see any Grarrls until late in round 3, so I did the score early in round 5.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Finally I did it, but by getting a score of 250 in the first round- the cars are much tougher in the earlier rounds and the grarrl turns up less often, so it seems important to get a higher score earlier on. It seems you don't get any bonuses for anything- how much life or time you have left at the end of a round, or destroying an opponent car. It's just five points per smash. About as subtle as a squashed banana.
Neopets wishlists: here
EofS

Post by EofS »

daisybell wrote:Especially when the grarrl appears right on top of you.
I see your grarrl appearing on top of you and raise you a "the grarrl ate me after I got a 'you have won this round' notice - ie, when I couldn't even control my car!

And then one ate me when I had 485 points and a round and a half to go. Rawr. Eh well, got it easily in the end.

I do think you possibly get a bonus if all three cars are knocked out within the time limit. Both of my high-scoring games I only got 125-150ish in the first round, but finished the second with 300+. The first of those all cars were bashed to death, but the second the grarrl did one of them straight away so it can't just have been that I hit them more often.

And yay, for the first time I am actually now slightly ahead, having completed 6/11 challenges. I was struggling to maintain even having 50% done.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Today's game is Sophie's Stew. It sucks; I really want AAA's prize but my highest score is 289 and I have absolutely no time to try and retry for his score today. :(
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

It should be pretty cheap. I generally suck at games, and I've gotten a score above his (not yet today though). I think I'll be able to get it, if I don't lose my temper and kill things though. :P That game can frustrate me to pieces.
Fury

Post by Fury »

It's actually not too difficult; just try to bounce the items off the edge of your stick so it travels in a low arc rather than in a high one. That way, they'll reach the cauldron faster.
Only bounce them on the top of your stick if the Droolik is flying overhead - if you hit him, he drops a power-up which is normally an extra life.

Don't forget the greedy Meowclops on the floor - he can eat some of the items if he is directly underneath them and if you don't have time to juggle 2 or 3 items at once. Good luck!
AAA's prize:

Sophies Hut Background

I'm a little annoyed that we get rewarded this when we already have been given a witches background. A wearable wand or Mewoclops toy would have been more fun. /moanwhinge
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Yay, the first game I actually! My highest score was 500 and some so I could have beat AAA but I just stuck with Abi. I already missed a day when my internet was down so I'm going to get the low prize anyway.

I accidentally clicked on AAA for Volcano Run the other day and I just can't beat his high score. On the old one, I could have done that in a matter of minutes, but the new version sucks. You're always the same speed and he's clunkier then anything to control.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Interesting that neither guide I found for the game tells you that typing hungrymeowclops gets you an extra life. I found the best time to type it was right at the start and hope the meowclops eats the first ingredient. And if it doesn't, restart and try again.

I've also managed MUCH better with it on low quality, no idea why. But since I did that every score I've had has been at least 100 points more than my previous high score. I've been tantalisingly close to beating AAA, getting to 375 twice, and my previous high score is about 125 or so.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Goparokko today!
AAA prize:

Secrets of Goparokko

A wearable Goparokko mask would have been awesome, but a book is still good. 8)
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I got AAA today, even though my high score was only 2300 :)

It went fine.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Interestingly I found it easiest on easy mode. I know that sounds like a really stupid sentence, but generally on games like this the easy mode is so slow to gather points that it's just tedious. But I managed it on just my second game in easy mode, with my first having come fairly close.

Unfortunately between those two easy games I wasted lots of time trying medium, thinking that would be a nice compromise between speed and difficulty.

The nice thing about easy is that in the early levels you're able to spend time carefully planning moves, so you can get 3x2 blocks or double combinations (two at once). And if you're lucky you can maneuver the 2x and 4x blocks so that you destroy two or more at once. If you combine that with a dynamite block, you're laughing! Also, you start without blue and orange, so you can build up lots of points whilst working with fewer colours.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

The only reason why I got the score in Medium is because I made a couple of 16X combos (Two X4 combos)
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

..So todays game is Bumble Beams. TWICE I got over the 400 for AAA..and TWICE that stupid CANNOT ACCEPT YOUR SCORE NOW, messages came up..fucking annoying..on top of that my score of 602 that I got on Smug Bug yesterday morning did not go through AT ALL..that wouldve netted me a trophy..goddamnit..
Image Image
ImageImage